As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Chat: Warden Iolol approves

1808182838486»

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    How good is Dark Iron as servers go?

I'm considering transferring (From Eitrigg, if that means anything to people who follow the Realm forums, on The Soap Channel) and I've heard a few things about there.

Nerdgasmic on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DARK IRON IS THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE SERVERS.

Hamurabi on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    DARK IRON IS THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE SERVERS.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    To be fair this is partly because desperate times call for desperate, er, recruiting policies. We would LOVE to restrict recruitment to people in BT/Hyjal gear when we need to replace raiders for Sunwell. But those people don't exist, they are quitting the game or transferring to guilds who are working on M'uru or KJ, not guilds working on Felmyst on an RP-PVP server. So the next best thing is to recruit people whose application and gear choices reflect effort/competence/understanding of their class, and then gear them up.

This is what I would be looking for. I don't expect to jump into T6+ with lower tier gear, but I remember pre-TBC when I was raiding guilds would actually have feeder guilds to pull new players from. Recruit lower tier players, do lower level instance runs with them on alts or whatever, and find who's good and gear them at the same time. This doesn't happen anymore, people just try to recycle the same (burning out) raid population.

I would have more sympathy for the end game guilds if when I saw them advertising for PUG T4/T5 stuff they didn't basically require people coming to just be people from other top tier guilds. Sure it might cut your clear time in Kara by an hour but you're just perpetuating your lack of applicants.

I was in top tier raid guilds pre-TBC and can handle my shit in a raid, but since I was burned out and raid-retired when TBC rolled around I watched raiding pass me by. Now I would kind of like to see the content but there's pretty much no way that's going to happen since it's impossible to get there. (Plus it doesn't help I have a rogue/moonkin/elemental shaman, gogo lack of desirability.)

TLDR: If guilds were smart they would stop gearing up their 7th alts and start filtering/gearing up potential slot fillers.

It's the drama and headache associated with filtering it. We used to do it in the MC days, we'd do a pug MC that was 20 guildies and 20 puggers. Toward the end it was more headache then help. We'd get whispers telling us we were assholes for not taking person X when they asked to go four pulls in or when we put a restriction in place (Legendaries were limited to in guild only....and that was the one restriction). People getting pissed off with the loot system (/roll)....you name it.

Thomamelas on
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dark Iron is good, I haven't played there in forever though. Need to finish getting one of the many characters I have there to 70.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    edit: typical 'tarded mispost.

artifexite on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't think I'll keep renewing my subscription.
    Tried starting up two new characters and I'm bored to tears.
    WoW just doesn't pack any oomph like it did for me back in the day.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Dark Iron is good, I haven't played there in forever though. Need to finish getting one of the many characters I have there to 70.

Would I have any trouble finding a guild as a holy priest with kara gear and some blues? I've heard some things about how t4 is dying down there.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm not sure if it's on my end or not, but I cannot view any Armory profiles, all the links I click just send me to a page that says "Server is busy. Please try again later." Been like that for a few days at least.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I don't think I'll keep renewing my subscription.
    Tried starting up two new characters and I'm bored to tears.
    WoW just doesn't pack any oomph like it did for me back in the day.

Re-Roll with some IRL or good internet friends. Make a deal to only play the character with each other.

That's what got me sucked rite back in :P

noobert on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    dark iron is alright but i the PAA is sort this monster that turns everything (EVERYTHING) into drama somehow

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    dark iron is alright but i the PAA is sort this monster that turns everything (EVERYTHING) into drama somehow

WHAT?!

You and me, fifteen episode power-up battle, right now.

Hamurabi on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008

WHAT?!

emot-ssj.gif

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

WHAT?!

emot-ssj.gif

Bahahahahahaha!

noobert on
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    MoSiAc wrote: »

Would I have any trouble finding a guild as a holy priest with kara gear and some blues? I've heard some things about how t4 is dying down there.

I don't think you'd have a problem as long as you could raid in their timezone. I had to quit playing there because of time the big difference in time zones.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
This discussion has been closed.