As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I was doing that with Primal Mooncloth; saving up so I could make a bunch of 20 slot bags for quick skillups with the expansion.

Then I decided "man, fuck that" and instead made 6 bags; 3 for my hunter, 2 for my warlock (who already has a 20 slot bag from Mr.T) and the first of four for my druid, who keeps 2.5 or so sets in his bags (tanking, kitty and resto), on top of being one of my primary sources of cash (he's an herbalist/miner), so bag space is always nice, as it cuts down how often I have to take him back to a town to unload his wares.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I allways justs stck to prospecting since the little gems went up tenfold in price, so even if you dont get a blue gem you allways get something

polloface on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    And was it worthwhile, compared to selling the stacks of ore?

Only about 1/3 of it is fel iron, so that'd still be more admantite ore. :P

Crunching numbers though, the ore would sell for ~3070 gold.

Looking at what I got post prospecting, using conservative AH values, I would get ~5135 gold. I'm using AH values for the greens though, instead of looking at what brilliant glass actually does to my greens.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Eh, I'm lazy about green gems. I know that selling them individually is pretty good cash... but I just can't be bothered.

Turning 18 of them into a rare that sells for ~2/3 as much as the greens would individually is fine by me, even better with the chance to turn 40/60 gold worth of green gems into a 200+ gold epic one.

Forar on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Druid alt is up to Hinterlands now. Did I mention I'm having a blast with this character? I'm wondering if he's going to "hit the alt wall" at 60 the way my priest & shaman have.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Any word on the WLK beta opt-in? Been away from the intertubes a while, but the official site doesn't seem to have anything new.

NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It doesn't seem like they've started closed beta yet, F&F alpha just ended.

815165 on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Any word on the WLK beta opt-in? Been away from the intertubes a while, but the official site doesn't seem to have anything new.

You know as well as anyone else does, Blizzard loves to make big announcements giving themselvs plenty of ahead time to prepare for the results.

I wouldn't worry about the opt-in until after people start getting invites. And I haven't seen anyone mention such a thing anywhere yet.

Seg on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Prospecting is streaky for me, I either get a streak of stars of elune or living rubies, then I won't get either for another 10-15 stacks, then all I get are a mix of dawnstones, talasites, & an occasional other type of blue gem.

And then the week of Brilliant Glass xmutes = living rubies. Arrrrrgh.

I stopped selling ore ever since the Brilliant Glass xmute was introduced & green gems aren't included in mines anymore. Because I need the green gems from the prospecting, plus the price of uncut green gems went way up. I found out it's a lot easier to sell Khorium & Eternium in bars, & usually only 1-2 bars at a time. I learned this...a month ago. I'm so slow. T_T

zagi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Apparently green gems are back to being minable.

edit for context:
    zagi wrote: »
    Prospecting is streaky for me, I either get a streak of stars of elune or living rubies, then I won't get either for another 10-15 stacks, then all I get are a mix of dawnstones, talasites, & an occasional other type of blue gem.

And then the week of Brilliant Glass xmutes = living rubies. Arrrrrgh.

I stopped selling ore ever since the Brilliant Glass xmute was introduced & green gems aren't included in mines anymore. Because I need the green gems from the prospecting, plus the price of uncut green gems went way up. I found out it's a lot easier to sell Khorium & Eternium in bars, & usually only 1-2 bars at a time. I learned this...a month ago. I'm so slow. T_T

Seg on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Who's a cool looking raid boss in WoW that I should draw?
    I went with Ragnaros.
    I don't think I like how it turned out. Guess I need to teach myself how to do fire properly.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Mosaic wrote:
    I don't think you'd have a problem as long as you could raid in their timezone. I had to quit playing there because of time the big difference in time zones.

What time zone is that, specifically?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    They officially announced achievements. Here's a good one:

# Hot Streak: Win 10 ranked arena matches in a row. mmmhmmnv1.gif

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Al Baron wrote: »

City Defender: Kill 50 enemy players in your faction’s capital cities.
    :O
    World PvP!

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Al Baron wrote: »

It says retroactively there. If that means I'll get a c'thun acheivement right off the bat, I'll be stroking my e-peen so hard

Also, lol:
    blizzard wrote:
    And don’t fret about running out of achievements anytime soon.
    blizzard wrote:
    Reputations: This set of achievements includes attaining exalted reputation with each faction in the game.

I'm not fretting, hahaha.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    completing a run without any player deaths, with fewer than the maximum number of players, or within a certain time limit.

Great. You can't come because we're all trying to get the achievement.

artifexite on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    artifexite wrote: »
    completing a run without any player deaths, with fewer than the maximum number of players, or within a certain time limit.

Great. You can't come because we're all trying to get the achievement.

"So, what do we need for this run?"

"Well, a tank is a good idea!"

"Aye, aye it is. And a healer!"

"Oh yes! Yeah, we definately need one of those!"

"... dps, fuck you!"

Forar on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Exalted reputation with all factions? I assume that's not all at once (impossible) and that they'll be removing the Syndicate faction from the game because it is entirely worthless and impossible to get above Neutral anyways. Isn't Bloodsail Buccaneers impossible to get exalted with as well? But at least they give you a nice hat for ruining your goblin rep.
    Also, sucks for non-Rogues wanting to get exalted with Ravenholdt.

Geez, what about stuff like the Brood of Nozdwhatever? Without the Anh'Qiraq gates quest chain, I imagine that one is quite the task.

I'm assuming they've taken all this stuff into consideration? Think they'll remove the related factions or make it easier to gain rep with them? Hopefully the Bloodsail's pirate hat stays in the game.
    Maybe it will span across your entire account, so you can have one toon get exalted with Aldor/one centaur clan/goblins, and another for Scryer/other centaur clans/bloodsail? Otherwise...*shudder.*

Lars on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Getting to exalted with every faction is impossible, because some factions are opposed to each other.

I don't care so much about that as whether boss kill achievements will be retroactive. They better be.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Unless you're some sort of centaur messiah, here to broker peace and understanding amongst the centaur tribes.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    drhazard wrote: »
    Unless you're some sort of centaur messiah, here to broker peace and understanding amongst the centaur tribes.

Thats what I was thinking. Is it even possible to get that faction to exalted, anyway?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Maybe it will be like "Exalted with all Outland factions" or "all Horde factions" i.e. the categories in the factions pane.

riz on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Getting to exalted with every faction is impossible, because some factions are opposed to each other.

I don't care so much about that as whether boss kill achievements will be retroactive. They better be.

Feats of Strength will be awarded retroactively (that is, they’ll be immediately granted to your character if you qualify) since many of them will be impossible to earn in Wrath of the Lich King.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I doubt boss kill achievements will be retroactive. Far as I know, there is no 'flag' for characters killing things (I could be wrong, but I've never heard otherwise), so unless they went based on characters having loot from said boss (probably in their bank/inventory, as searching through deleted items would be a giant pain in the ass), I can't see it happening.

And even if they took that route, the number of people that would be "screwed out" of boss kill achievements would be legendary.

Simpler just to make people start from square one. Some classes (prot paladin, for example) can solo some raid bosses, so if it's really that important, grab 10-20 guild mates and rip up a bunch of instances on the weekends or something.

Also; the drive to complete my metamorphasis into a Druid is calling to me!

Forar on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/b/b6/Reputation-Horde.jpg

I guess you can get both of them just a hair above below revered?

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    True, but alot of kill flags could be deduced from quest completion status, which is tracked.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

Feats of Strength will be awarded retroactively (that is, they’ll be immediately granted to your character if you qualify) since many of them will be impossible to earn in Wrath of the Lich King.

Those are mostly PvP related though, if I read it right. I already have a vanity title for that. :lol:

I want my Godslayer title!
    Forar wrote: »
    Simpler just to make people start from square one. Some classes (prot paladin, for example) can solo some raid bosses, so if it's really that important, grab 10-20 guild mates and rip up a bunch of instances on the weekends or something.

Thats what I'm worried about. I don't have a raid guild anymore. I can't just waltz into Blackwing Lair, Vael still requires a real party. And AQ40/Naxx? Still harder than anything up to t5 content.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Those are mostly PvP related though, if I read it right. I already have a vanity title for that. :lol:

I want my Godslayer title!

Feats include old-world player-vs.-player ranks, obtaining rare mounts, special titles, and more.

It's pretty ambiguous, and in relation to tracking old boss kills or whatever, who knows how long they've been keeping track of it and there may be a way they've done it internally since the beginning.

Trust me, I want my C'thun and Kel'Thuzad titles, too.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    True, but alot of kill flags could be deduced from quest completion status, which is tracked.

Such as? In many cases, the quest led to loot, so it might be more effective than searching for loot in banks, but it'd still leave whole swathes of people out that didn't actually get a quest drop (IE: someone that killed Onyxia 100 times but never bothered snagging the head).

Forar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Kara quest to kill Prince comes to mind pretty quickly.

Boss head quests for Mags, Ony, etc. Though that achievement would only apply to whoever looted it and completed the quest, and maybe a more general one for just being there for a kill.

Bigity on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Are they character based or account based? The boss kills, I mean. COMBINED I have killed almost every boss in the game. But I rerolled for BC and whenever we do old-world raids for fun, I bring my druid, not my new warlock, because I don't trust pugs to heal right. And also I get to laugh at the other warlocks who get asked "omg summon the five people we just invited to Naxx" five times a night in places one cannot farm shards.

riz on
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    oh jesus christ, achievements. I love achievements on my 360, they will be insane in WoW. It would kind of suck if they were retroactive since I switched from my priest with all the old world kills to my paladin in TBC. It'd be cool if there were challenges that make going back to the old raids interesting. Like kill C'Thun with X people or whatever.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Seems like all the wotlk announcements generate more questions than answers :)

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, we'll find out.

Given how easy it is to get people interested in Molten Core or Naxx, it won't be impossible to get credit for Nef and C'thun, which I already beat. And hey, I might finally beat Naxx, never done that.

It would just be cool if they could find a way to give credit for past slayings. I'm sure people who beat Naxx pre-BC definitely would like to see the ultimate e-peen title for that.

I want "The Destroyer of Worlds" as a title, though, not just a sword. :P

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, we'll find out.

Given how easy it is to get people interested in Molten Core or Naxx, it won't be impossible to get credit for Nef and C'thun, which I already beat. And hey, I might finally beat Naxx, never done that.

It would just be cool if they could find a way to give credit for past slayings. I'm sure people who beat Naxx pre-BC definitely would like to see the ultimate e-peen title for that.

Also you said you already have a title for your old PvP rank or whatever, but they've said multiple times they want to open those titles up again. So you'll have the achievement to prove you were tr00 Grand Marshal or whatever.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I wonder if people will be as obnoxious with achievements as they are with gear.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, we'll find out.

Also you said you already have a title for your old PvP rank or whatever, but they've said multiple times they want to open those titles up again. So you'll have the achievement to prove you were tr00 Grand Marshal or whatever.

Only Commander. :(

Justicar is actually more impressive, Alliance side, since getting WSG exalted is fucking hard. So I display that one instead.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    People will be as obnoxious with achievements as they are with gear.

This is what I believe.

FF on
    Huh...
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wonder if people will be as obnoxious with achievements as they are with gear.

Silly Seg. The question is not IF they will be obnoxious. The question will be which achievements they will be obnoxious about, and how obnoxious...

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »

Silly Seg. The question is not IF they will be obnoxious. The question will be which achievements they will be obnoxious about, and how obnoxious...

Considering that the loot linking in my guild is getting so bad that I have considered leaving it, which would probably lead to me disabling my account, I am wondering if the achievements will be the straw that breaks my back.

Seg on
This discussion has been closed.