As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hatred, Hope, and Happiness: the trifecta of MMO emotions

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Random edit: PierceNeck are you going to be online Friday at all? Hey tomorrow is Friday. I think. It's Thursday right? brb coffee
    Yeah I think so, I have to go pick up a game card tonight.

PS- Bring me coffee.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Happy: Heroic Shattered Halls is the daily. I've now got 4 quests to do in there (Including my Naaru one) and I've got a group of t6 raiders who will most likely want to run it later.

So so happy.

Tav on
  • Options
    douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    I'm more tolerant of people who cross role lines, as having back up healers/tanks is always good, and backup dps when they play healers/tanks is nice (though they can spec for that, rather than committing to a whole new character), but alt jumping like that can be terribly frustrating.

This is what we generally try to do, although this can cause drama as well. For example: Alt mage picking up T6 gloves.

Oh I'm sorry, you're bitching that you just lost your 4th set of T6 gloves (that you were going to turn in for a second set of feral so you could gem them for cat dps) to a guy with 95% attendence's alt... And you can't see why when we have ridiculous turnover for mages that having another decurser might help us in the future? Oh that's right, you could decurse as a boomkin... We really should start bring what is it, 3? boomkins a raid now?

The problem is, to a selfish player they always predict the future from their point of view in whatever light favors them the best.

No matter who we bring in, we generally get some bitching.

We recently had a flare up with a member bitching about us bringing back a few old people and bringing in a few new. Why do we need, abc, we have dce, etc etc.

The funny thing is, he must live in some sort of miraculous bubble world where every crazy thought he has makes sense. An officer basically listed the 10 or so people, including myself, the entire mage core and a huge portion of the shamans, that he said the same damn thing about this Spring. The same group of players that took down M'uru tonight while he's on some emo hiatus.

Classes have turnover, dipshit. We get a feel for what we think we'll need next and start preparing for it early. And God fucking forbid if we screw up one of our predictions and over/underfill a class for a few weeks.

We have an amazingly talented and benevolent officer core that just puts up with way too much shit. They've recently put me in a few of the officer forums/channels to help them manage things. I think I spend the majority of my time telling them to quit worrying about a few asshats and suggesting they tell them to shut the fuck up if/when they get out of line.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Happy: I don't know, today is just a good day.
    Hope: I have about 500g worth of primals for sale, lets hope I see coin in my mailbox.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: WoW EU login servers stuck at authenticating.

Hate: Being under geared after rerolling on another server with friends who suddenly quit two weeks after rerolling.
    Hate: Being under geared, running sv & arca for kara attunement with dps fully clad in s1 epics moaning at you for not putting out enough threat in your crap blues and greens even though they begged me to tank it for them when they couldn't find a decent geared tank.
    Hate: MMO launches. Never experienced a MMO launch that wasn't an experience in sadomasochistic dark arts.

Happy: Back on old server.
    Happy: Mounts at 30.

Hope: The login server is up. Ah.. you can login but can't connect to the realm. That's hope for you. Cynicism is much less disappointing in the short and long term.

danx on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    EU servers workin' fine here.

Happy: 20 Crawdads in 10 mins! :D

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    EU servers workin' fine here.

Aww now look... I gotta hate you now too. ;)

Looks like it's just vindication... again.

danx on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I can connect to every EU server except for Nagrand.

Now, if I only had any characters on other realms.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    I can connect to every EU server except for Nagrand.

Now, if I only had any characters on other realms.

See, I wasn't going to admit to playing on that realm. It isn't too bad now, but it did have some well deserved nicknames way back when. Still can't shake the Lagrand moniker tho.

danx on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Happy - 2 weeks of work and steady AH play get me 2300g. 2900g left to go!

Hope - Alliance picks up and starts playing winning AVs the next two days.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Jason036Jason036 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hope: Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are as good as their originals
    Hate: That there isn't a better game to play right now on the PC than WoW.
    Happy: My new a/c was installed today.

Jason036 on
    Jason036
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Pfft, Nagrand.... come over to Alonsus (Lolonsus as it's well known by us).

Tav on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Moonglade is where it's at!

Happy: first kill on Akama. On the first try ever. What a joke.

Meh: I wasn't there because I forgot to sign up for the raid in time. :x

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    But that's for RP fags.

Alonsus is for regular fags.

Tav on
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Magtheridon is the best EU server. Nihilum's here, too ! *cough*

Happy: New pants with fucking awesome stats !

Hate : OH GOD MY EYES

quaigy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    <NIHILUM FAN CLUB> R RECTUTIN SO WE KAN STAND OUTSIDE SWP AND /CHEER WHISP ME 4 INV

Tav on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pfft, Nagrand.... come over to Alonsus (Lolonsus as it's well known by us).
    I plan on transfering one of my alliance Paladins somewhere once he hits 70 and has epic flying (using my Horde 70 on Nagrand to help out), find me a home where I can raid and I'll come!

815165 on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: I log on today expecting to do something. So I PvP'ed a bit on some of my toons. Got bored, logged. This always happens. Damn this terribad ADD!

Hope: Someone will feel pity and loan me some gold for my epic flier.

Eh?

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Happy: My only day I'm available to raid this week.

Hate: Oh fuck, it's Hyjal.

Hope: I get wait listed instead. Which may happen because I missed a week's worth of raids & the other locks I compete with are butt-buddies with the GM & the officer core. Which is also a source of hate, because they can't dps/control their aggro worth a damn.

zagi on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: getting stuck in the damned scenery.... Whats worse is that a pally got feared there so he was stuck, then decided it was a good idea to res me so I got stuck too!

Varethius on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Varethius wrote: »
    Hate: getting stuck in the damned scenery.... Whats worse is that a pally got feared there so he was stuck, then decided it was a good idea to res me so I got stuck too!

You imply that this may not have actually been a good idea, when, in fact, it's the best idea.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hate: Pugging. Seriously, fuck it. I need three more damn badges for my epic belt and I have 4 quests in Heroic SH. It shouldn't be so hard to get a damn team going.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    quaigy wrote: »

I started on Magtheridon, actually. Logged in the other day. Yep, still full of level 1 drooling moron fanbys in Orgrimmar.

Nihilum I couldn't care less about. Did some random dungeons with them every now and then.

Echo on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Yeah, this guy will give an excuse for every switch, claiming he was doing what the raid needed, but not once has he ever swapped to a healer alt. And generally when the raid needs a certain class, the solution is to recruit someone of that class, not gear up an alt and then need to recruit a geared member of the previous class.

The sordid tale: Wanted to play DPS warrior in MC, supposedly guild had too many warriors, played warlock. Quit raiding for a few months and/or raided on Alliance paladin on other server. Came back, no room for warlocks, switched to warrior. Rerolled paladin for BC. Learned that no we would not be letting him raid as ret. Quickly leveled warlock to 70 (even though we had way too many warlocks already between none leaving from the 40-man ranks and me rerolling). Raided on warlock until mid tier 5. Got "bored with warlock" and demanded to raid on rogue, which we only had one of at the time, I think. Got four-piece tier 5 and first DST in six months on rogue. Quit WoW for RL concerns. Came back a few months later wanting to raid on warlock again.

We have that guy. Started as a paladin Pre-TBC, switch over to a warrior and then an elemental shaman. He's a nice enough guy but you just want to smack him sometimes and say, "Just pick one."

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    There really should be some casual EU guild or something. I need a community of some sort to keep me interested, and all my friends on my server raid pretty much the entire time I'm online.

:sadface:

Tav on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Yeah, this guy will give an excuse for every switch, claiming he was doing what the raid needed, but not once has he ever swapped to a healer alt. And generally when the raid needs a certain class, the solution is to recruit someone of that class, not gear up an alt and then need to recruit a geared member of the previous class.

The sordid tale: Wanted to play DPS warrior in MC, supposedly guild had too many warriors, played warlock. Quit raiding for a few months and/or raided on Alliance paladin on other server. Came back, no room for warlocks, switched to warrior. Rerolled paladin for BC. Learned that no we would not be letting him raid as ret. Quickly leveled warlock to 70 (even though we had way too many warlocks already between none leaving from the 40-man ranks and me rerolling). Raided on warlock until mid tier 5. Got "bored with warlock" and demanded to raid on rogue, which we only had one of at the time, I think. Got four-piece tier 5 and first DST in six months on rogue. Quit WoW for RL concerns. Came back a few months later wanting to raid on warlock again.

We have that guy. Started as a paladin Pre-TBC, switch over to a warrior and then an elemental shaman. He's a nice enough guy but you just want to smack him sometimes and say, "Just pick one."

Never dealt with one of those in a raid situation, but I've fought a few in pvp. He wasn't horrible, but switching between shaman, warrior, mage, and whatever both prevented him from gearing up well and being well practiced in any class. Back when AV let you gain Darnassus rep for turning in body parts looked from trolls and I was after a kitty mount, I pretty much killed his warrior any time I could. Since I was often down collecting wolf pelts and he was sometimes taming them, I would take advantage of how you have no armor during a tame and watch the Ambush damage reach record levels.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Happy: going to vist a couple of guildies up country tomorrow, awesome folks.

Hope: planning to get all my old, best guildmates into a 10 man wotlk guild for shits and lulz.

Hate: Undead rogues who spam q and e while they unload their openers >.> ah well at least they're getting arthritis earlier.

Beasteh on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: Resto druids

Happiness: Resto druids on my side that heal me

Hope: That resto druid will join my arena team

dojango on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Random edit: PierceNeck are you going to be online Friday at all? Hey tomorrow is Friday. I think. It's Thursday right? brb coffee
    Yeah I think so, I have to go pick up a game card tonight.

PS- Bring me coffee.
    You better tell me why before I go home, otherwise I wont be grabbing a card till tomorrow night/sat.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Happy: going to vist a couple of guildies up country tomorrow, awesome folks.

Hope: planning to get all my old, best guildmates into a 10 man wotlk guild for shits and lulz.

Hate: Undead rogues who spam q and e while they unload their openers >.> ah well at least they're getting arthritis earlier.

Guild trips are :^:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    There really should be some casual EU guild or something.

I really miss the old EU PA crew. :(

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ME WANTY GUILD :*(

Tav on
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »

I started on Magtheridon, actually. Logged in the other day. Yep, still full of level 1 drooling moron fanbys in Orgrimmar.

Nihilum I couldn't care less about. Did some random dungeons with them every now and then.

Burning Legion, then transfered to Mag back in .. Early 2006 maybe ? I'm Alliance, though. Damn friends and their gnome-loving ways.

quaigy on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Burning HATE: Another raid canceled due to a total lack of healers and more than one tank. Last week we had to cancel 2/3 raids due to not enough healers to run anything.

Hope: We raid Saturday and Sunday, but I'm not holding out hope.

Happy: Long time guild mate is a Dad,

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: apparently our 3 week long "vacation" from raiding is now supposedly all summer

Hate: Not geared enough to get into any of the guilds I'd want to.

Happy: At least my shaman on DI can use a mount now

Nobody on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Blarg. Mage still wearing level 40 blues. Wtb good drop rates in instances.
    Seriously. Where can I replace a pair of Dreamweave Gloves and a Satyrmane Sash outside of instances? :|

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Burning Legion, then transfered to Mag back in .. Early 2006 maybe ? I'm Alliance, though. Damn friends and their gnome-loving ways.

Got a 70 human rogue on Burning Legion, actually. Back when the guild asploded in March 2007 I went there for a bit before me and the GM logged back on Moonglade just to chat with old friends who were all "WE MISS YOUUUU" and reformed and had enough people for Karazhan a week later. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Blarg. Mage still wearing level 40 blues. Wtb good drop rates in instances.
    Seriously. Where can I replace a pair of Dreamweave Gloves and a Satyrmane Sash outside of instances? :|

Quests

Brainleech on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Cormac wrote: »
    Burning HATE: Another raid canceled due to a total lack of healers and more than one tank. Last week we had to cancel 2/3 raids due to not enough healers to run anything.

Guess what my Hate of the week is?

(Yeah, same sort of deal here)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Officer-ing can be pretty difficult and thankless, whether you're in a guild that runs heroics or farms Kil'Jaeden. On that note...

Going back to my post 2 pages back; didn't log on till last night as the flat is getting repainted, and stuff needed to be moved to other rooms, so when I did log, not many were on. Log on this morning to the guild forums, and the guy who I spoke to briefly last night has left.

Brilliant. Fantastic. I'm still as much in the dark as I was, and the reasoning of there are arseholes in the guild who put down the nice people doesn't actually help, in my trying to fix things and put them right. The only thing I can conclude, is that I'm one of these arseholes, but I'm at a real loss as to what I 've done.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
This discussion has been closed.