As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rainbow Six Vegas 2: Free DLC!

2»

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    Live isn't fun for me anymore. I got sick of being called a bunch of really racist/homophobic things by neurotic preteens. When I want my fill of public gaming I just go play TF2 instead.

R6V2 would've been fun on Live for a while, but there just aren't enough good console-specific games for me to justify buying a Gold Membership.

That's the internet for you. :P

You're going to get that anywhere, except on the PC you don't necessarily have to hear them talk. Most people will just type you're a gay erotic bear lover, which does ease the irritation somewhat. I still think paying to play multiplayer is a bit much, even if it isn't all that expensive. It would be nice if they'd eventually remove the charge with the other system matching it feature for feature and going beyond, but that won't happen, unfortunately.

Anyways, with the DLC out, send me a game invite if you see me online on your buddy list or through PA Vegas!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    New A.C.E.S.
    A total of 100 A.C.E.S. are available for each category: Marksman, CQB and Assault. Each A.C.E.S. level past 20 will reward you with 5000 XP that applies to your rank. For players who have already reached A.C.E.S. 20 and continued to collect A.C.E.S. points, you will be happy to know that the update will automatically advance you to the level you have earned. For example, if you have enough A.C.E.S. points to reach Marksman 25, you will automatically be at Marksman 25 and earn 25000 (5000 x 5) towards your next Rank.

Oh holy shit, I totally missed this when reading about the update. I can acually reach Elite now!

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If I'm paying for something, I want it to provide servers. Fast servers with good uptime and admins to ban the people calling me assorted names. Live just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

I returned this today, but I might pick it up again once it gets cheaper. It's a great fun game to play with buds.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    Live isn't fun for me anymore. I got sick of being called a bunch of really racist/homophobic things by neurotic preteens.

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but I'm a PS3 owner and I rarely hear these sorts of comments. I think it's because most parents aren't willing to shell out that much money for a console for their kid. That's not to say they aren't out there - I played with one today, and there's normally only a couple total every week, and it's easy to tell them off or mute them it isn't a big deal at all.

The downside to this is that there are far less players on all PS3 games. And oddly enough, the players aren't as good as they are on Live - for example, Live COD4 players are, by and large, much better than PS3 COD4 players.

Black Ice on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I very rarely run into the racism stuff on Live. :shrug:

So my copy of the game just showed up yesterday. I didn't get to play much, and what I did was only SP, but holy crap I'm in love. Everything just seems so much more polished and smooth than RBSV1. The mini-achievements and leveling up system is great. I've been thinking about the game all day and can't wait to get home. I really want to do some SP terrorist hunting before jumping into full on MP, though, to help get me use to the game again.

Any of you still playing online? Do we have a friend of a friend clan style thing set up like we did with Halo 3 tbk? None of my friends like RBS because it is too hard plus they are too busy wanking off to CoD4. I don't know why I'm the only one who thinks CoD4 MP isn't the second coming but it seems I am.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    I very rarely run into the racism stuff on Live. :shrug:

So my copy of the game just showed up yesterday. I didn't get to play much, and what I did was only SP, but holy crap I'm in love. Everything just seems so much more polished and smooth than RBSV1. The mini-achievements and leveling up system is great. I've been thinking about the game all day and can't wait to get home. I really want to do some SP terrorist hunting before jumping into full on MP, though, to help get me use to the game again.

Any of you still playing online? Do we have a friend of a friend clan style thing set up like we did with Halo 3 tbk? None of my friends like RBS because it is too hard plus they are too busy wanking off to CoD4. I don't know why I'm the only one who thinks CoD4 MP isn't the second coming but it seems I am.

I likewise have almost never had an experience with racial slurs on Live, and honestly most of the other bad stuff (homophobic/misogynistic/scatalogical) stuff is centered around the really popular games like Halo 3 or CoD4. The preteens all seem to have a herd mentality, so they've all gravitated to these games and left the lesser-known shooters alone.

Which, incidentally, is the best thing about Vegas 2. There aren't as many people playing it on any given night, but means (a) better signal to noise ratio, where "signal" is people chatting and having fun and "noise" is the flagrant use of the word "gay;" and (b) honestly it's hard enough to find a populated game that if you happen to be in it, most of the people there don't want to do anything to incentivize you playing something else because we need people to play with.

I still play occassionally but it's busy season at work. If anyone wants to get a group together at some point I'll try and work it into my schedule.

SammyF on
  • Options
    SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for starting a new thread. I am reallllly lazy, and I need to update the OP.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=52400
    Inside of the OP is the PAvegas profile for 360. I am still checking it on a somewhat regular basis. Now that the patch is out, I will check on it more. If I am taking too long send a message to my main xbl "smashism"

My Vegas buddy is down and out right now, doing his first RRoD return. Once he is back though I can't wait to fire this up.
    We'll see if they really fixed terr hunt spawning or not. If they haven't this will be like the third time they said it's been fixed in vegas/vegas2 and it hasn't.

Smashism on
  • Options
    nonplussednonplussed Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Terrorist Hunt spawning isn't an issue any more, but it seems like there are still weird glitches. I've only played briefly after this last patch (there have been two total since the DLC, the one with the DLC and one right after) and I've noticed the AI seems markedly more aggressive (which isn't a glitch nor is it bad) but I had a terrorist phase out of one of the storage containers on Vegas Junkyard. Hopefully it's an isolated incident, but I'm not too hopeful.

nonplussed on
    Xbox GT: namplussed
  • Options
    SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    nonplussed wrote: »
    Terrorist Hunt spawning isn't an issue any more, but it seems like there are still weird glitches. I've only played briefly after this last patch (there have been two total since the DLC, the one with the DLC and one right after) and I've noticed the AI seems markedly more aggressive (which isn't a glitch nor is it bad) but I had a terrorist phase out of one of the storage containers on Vegas Junkyard. Hopefully it's an isolated incident, but I'm not too hopeful.

Aggressive AI = awesome
    Magical Spawning AI = WAHT THE HELL FUCK THIS GAME YARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Smashism on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Terrorist hunts are now definitely much more easy, as they all come right to you.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    nonplussednonplussed Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    From every possible direction. So watch your backs.

nonplussed on
    Xbox GT: namplussed
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It depends in part on the map size. Kill House, yeah as soon as the firing pin strikes the primer on the first round, everyone's going to come pouring in to find and shoot you. Convention Center, by contrast, some of them still wait for you to trigger their response.

SammyF on
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SammyF wrote: »
    It depends in part on the map size. Kill House, yeah as soon as the firing pin strikes the primer on the first round, everyone's going to come pouring in to find and shoot you. Convention Center, by contrast, some of them still wait for you to trigger their response.

Kill House is so awesome because sometimes they all just come down the one rope, up the stairs to the right of where you start.

W2 on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2008