As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UK Bargains Thread III: For Fuck's Sake Lewie Use The Right Thread

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    heh

LewieP on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Oh wow.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Oh wow.

That sounds like the best game ever. Anyone done a Let's Play on it yet?

Legba on
  • Dayvan CowboyDayvan Cowboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't know how long this has been going on, or even how good of a deal it is compared to internet prices, but I just picked up a few preowned PS3 games from Game, and they were half price on top of the usual preowned discount.

I snagged Uncharted for 15 pounds, Ratchet and Clank for the same, and Assassin's creed for 13.

Dayvan Cowboy on
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hmm.

In my local GAME they are doing Army of two for £17 (New).

If anyone is close to one might be worth checking out?

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's also £18 on play at the moment. Have been thinking about picking it up, but Rainbow Six is giving me all the co-op I need right now.

Sunday_Assassin on
    edited July 2008
    I don't know how long this has been going on, or even how good of a deal it is compared to internet prices, but I just picked up a few preowned PS3 games from Game, and they were half price on top of the usual preowned discount.

I snagged Uncharted for 15 pounds, Ratchet and Clank for the same, and Assassin's creed for 13.

That sounds like it's pre-empting the Platinum collection. August 1st, £20, and all three of those are on the list (along with MotorStorm, Resistance, Virtua Tennis 3 and Heavenly Sword).

Willeth on
    edited July 2008
    If anyone wants to post any articles/reviews onto SavyGamer, if you could get them to me before Sunday, that'd be ace, that way I can schedule them to go up whilst I am in LA and unable to post much.

LewieP on
  • cheese_boycheese_boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    hey, just wondering if theres any good deals on a 360 kickin about. anythin other than a core is good. also, whats the best place to get cod4 from as well?

cheese_boy on
    I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.
  • troublekingtroubleking Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Generally a lurker, have done a review for SavyGamer before:

Just got a £30 Amazon gift voucher. Looking into the new PA book, but also wondering if anyone has any recommendations of games and stuff. Got all the consoles and stuff so there is no problem there...

troubleking on
    edited July 2008
    Amitai?

Also, I will have a look see what I can find at amazon.

LewieP on
  • troublekingtroubleking Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah. Very much a lurker on forums. Trying to 'up' my posting here though, as it generally is one of the better places :D

troubleking on
    edited July 2008
    Bear with me xbox 360 owners, but I might have discovered a way to get 120gb Xbox 360 hard drives for £27.69 delivered. Brand new.

I suggest getting your credit cards ready and being online at 9.00am

Might turn out to be nothing, but it's possible.

LewieP on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Have you been to sleep yet?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited July 2008
    Couldn't sleep...

LewieP on
    edited July 2008
    Looks like the hotukdeals crowd ruined that then.

The hard drives were £32.99 at woolworths, which they are blatantly never going to honour. So my plan was to get PC world to pricematch, since they will pricematch Woolworths web site.

Now instead a load of people on Hotukdeals ordered multiple drives for themselves and to sell on, and Woolworths has ran out of stock.

Sigh....

LewieP on
  • prawnstar69prawnstar69 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Looks like the hotukdeals crowd ruined that then.

The hard drives were £32.99 at woolworths, which they are blatantly never going to honour. So my plan was to get PC world to pricematch, since they will pricematch Woolworths web site.

Now instead a load of people on Hotukdeals ordered multiple drives for themselves and to sell on, and Woolworths has ran out of stock.

Sigh....

Would PC World have done that?

Do they pricematch off any website (UK based) for anything? Eg. graphics cards?

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
    edited July 2008
    The policy is here

Woolworths is one of the sites that they pricematch, for graphics cards, short of Amazon and play.com, and Maplin and Staples at a stretch, they don't really pricematch anyone good.

LewieP on
  • AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for the heads-up about the game pre-owned sale.

Picked up Drakes fortune and Sega Superstars tennis for ~£30 last night woo !

(now i have to stop buying games or my girlfriend is going to kill me)

Afty on
    edited July 2008
    The policy is here

Woolworths is one of the sites that they pricematch, for graphics cards, short of Amazon and play.com, and Maplin and Staples at a stretch, they don't really pricematch anyone good.

Dabs isn't usually too bad price-wise and are listed. That's good to know for the next time I need something and don't want to wait on delivery...wait...they do this in-store too, right?

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
    edited July 2008
    Yep, although most of the staff don't know the policy in my experience, you could be waiting a while. You might be best off phoning beforehand and arranging collection.

LewieP on
    edited July 2008
    Yep, although most of the staff don't know the policy in my experience, you could be waiting a while. You might be best off phoning beforehand and arranging collection.

Yeah, when I went in for Mass Effect I had to calculate the discount for the guy and show him how to use the system.

Willeth on
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So Lewie, you find any better deals on that Mini SD to SD converter?

Somestickguy on
    edited July 2008
    Sorry, I've had another look and still nothing.

I might actually have a space one lying around, let me have a look.

LewieP on
    edited July 2008
    I think I'll just go with this one, but are you sure it doesn't only work with Mymemory micro SD cards?

Somestickguy on
    edited July 2008
    Alright, for SD cards I'm pretty much settled as far as the Wii goes.

I just swapped my 4gb one for my sister's 512mb.

Somestickguy on
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Some cool stuff on the Ds section of the Gamestation sale

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 £19.98
    Etrian Odyssey £12.98

Ziggymon on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    120GB HDD for the 360.

ONLY £33!

edit- HAHA! I nicked the last one. That was flipping quick.

Big Classy on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BASTARD!

:P

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Seriously? What the hell.

They cancelled my order from this morning, and they have been out of stock all day.

I'm pretty sure they are going to cancel that, if not, I will have to email them (after you have received yours) complaining.

LewieP on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone know of another cheap place for them?

Shoulda got one when they were £80 at Play.com

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    edited July 2008
    ARGH! I forgot I need the money for other more important things. Damned expensive driving lessons :(

Big Classy on
    edited July 2008
    Seriously? What the hell.

They cancelled my order from this morning, and they have been out of stock all day.

I'm pretty sure they are going to cancel that, if not, I will have to email them (after you have received yours) complaining.

You sir, are correct. My brother ordered one this morning and his was cancelled. I'm assuming mine would have been too had I not cancelled it myself. Still, blinder of a deal.

Big Classy on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    A bargain? That's how much they should cost in the first place. With the new dashboard (running games from HD) and all, 20Gb just won't cut it anymore. Will MS be bringing out the 60Gb drive on it's own at a price mere mortals can afford? I'd hope so.

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    edited July 2008
    You're not gonna get me to argue against that. Under the circumstances though, it is a really low price. The next cheapest I think is at around £70

Big Classy on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Was in Zavvi today and they had a load of copies of Scurge: Hive for DS for £8.

It occurs to me that there's a chance Game or Gamestation might offer more than that in trade in for it. I know Game did have a pdf up of all their trade-in prices a while ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

japan on
    edited July 2008
    WHY CAN I NOT SPECIFY AN ALTERNATIVE DELIVERY ADDRESS?

Please note you will not be able to send to an alternative address until 28 days after placing your first order. This is done to protect our customers from the fraudulent use of their payment card.

WHAT

BUT I DON'T LIVE THERE ANYMORE

SCREW YOU MYMEMORY

So yeah, Lewie, looks like I'm gonna need a different offer on that Mini SD to SD converter.

Somestickguy on
    edited July 2008
    japan wrote: »
    Was in Zavvi today and they had a load of copies of Scurge: Hive for DS for £8.

It occurs to me that there's a chance Game or Gamestation might offer more than that in trade in for it. I know Game did have a pdf up of all their trade-in prices a while ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

I was looking for it a couple of weeks ago, never found one. You could try www.cex.co.uk and see how much they give for it...

Ah wait, £4 cash, £5 credit. Maybe not.

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
  • KaligordKaligord Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hello bargains thread

Just a quick one for anyone who has too much time on their hands.

I would like to get my hands on a copy of : -

Viking: Battle for Asgard
    Severance: Blade of Darkness
    Freelancer

I would prefer the second two new if possibe, as Im sure they are on ebay but I thought id check with you lovely people first. Ive seen Viking for £25 on Play I think, anyone know cheaper?

Also I was wasting time in Gamestation earlier today and they had this double pack of Titan Quest (I think thats what I want to say) for I think a shade under 20squids, is that a good price? Because its been nagging at me and I think Ive missed out haha :P

Kaligord on
    And I - am not your enemy - not your destroyer - I am, as before, your right hand. Your sword.
  • CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kaligord wrote: »
    Also I was wasting time in Gamestation earlier today and they had this double pack of Titan Quest (I think thats what I want to say) for I think a shade under 20squids, is that a good price? Because its been nagging at me and I think Ive missed out haha :P

No, it's not a good price. Steam has Titan Quest Gold (The original game and the Immortal Throne expansion pack) for $19.99, so including VAT you're going to be paying £12 max for it.

What's crazy is that they're selling Titan Quest Gold, which is both games, for $20, but the original game on its own is also $20. Doesn't strike me as good pricing, and I feel sorry for anyone who accidentally buys the latter.

Edit: The following is 100% serious: This is a great top of the page post.

Centipeed on