As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Canadian Supertrip 2008

• b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Snoowy wrote: »
    Hey so do pedestrians ride free on the Clipper? Victoria to Seattle?

My friend is trying to get from Victoria annnnnnnnnnd we are having conflicts on meeting up with the ferry...mainly the Anacortes ferry having dumb arrival times and the Clipper being $$$ BUT I read a post about the Clipper being HASSLE free for pedestrians.

Does hassle free mean...MONEY FREE?

The Clipper is not free. I wouldn't say it's cheap either. You can see the costs on the Clipper website. At around $150 round trip per adult, I think the cost almost balances out with using BC Ferries + fuel. I would suggest that she try and find someone in the area who she could perhaps catch a ride with, if the Clipper is too expensive and driving isn't an option.

b0wser on
    edited July 2008
    My girlfriend & I are gonna be on the 11:30 Clipper from Victoria to Seattle on the 28th, and it doesn't look like anyone else is gonna be on that sailing but if anyone else is planning on it, we could maybe do a meet & greet.

Why not take the sailing that has other people riding as well? That's the purpose of the Supertrip in the first place after all, to unite people into solid groups instead of a scatter. If you're looking to schedule otherwise, that's up to you of course.

b0wser on
  • Retardical_SamRetardical_Sam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If it worked with the schedule I'd love to take a sailing with other people, but this is my only vacation for the summer, so I wanted to see a bit of Seattle on the day before PAX - the other sailing wouldn't get in to Seattle until after 7:00 PM. I wasn't gonna post here, but I figure if anyone else is in the same situation and lurking it might just bring some more people that otherwise wouldn't participate out of the woodwork.

Retardical_Sam on
    edited July 2008
    If it worked with the schedule I'd love to take a sailing with other people. I wasn't gonna post here, but I figure if anyone else is in the same situation and lurking it might just bring some more people that otherwise wouldn't participate out of the woodwork.

That's an all-encompassingly understandable situation, so I'll add you to the main post!

b0wser on
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    At random, due to meddling with designs for the Buttons thread, it's easy to take the CST logo and make a button out of it! If we indeed were to make some, someone somewhere would need to order them and then distribute them at some waypoint... The CCST will have a button, though would we want one too?
    cstbuttonpreview.gif

Theros on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I could order some CST buttons, but since I'm taking the bus, someone would have to come get them from me to give to everyone else.

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    Since I'm so cash-strapped as to barely afford my own order of buttons, I'm quite stoked that someone else would be interested in getting some CST buttons made. That being said, I'd figure out a way to come and pick them up!

edit: hurry up, Climate Action Dividend! I need to spend you on things entirely unrelated to the environment!

b0wser on
    edited July 2008
    I ordered some CST buttons with this template:
    903ad7f7.png

Unless you have some reason to come out to Van Jay, I was going to go meet up with Theros in Richmond at some point and pass off the shipment to him after taking some for the bus people. Then he can pass them out to other cars when you guys meet up with each other. If you have a different way to do it, just lemme know.

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    An update for the bus takers. We're taking the 8:15 bus for sure now. If you could update the main post, that'd be cool Jay.

tr0tsky on
  • StoicheioStoicheio Registered User new member
    edited July 2008
    So I know it's a little late, but my buddy and I recently decided to hit up PAX this year. We were thinking of rocking out the Super Trip if there are any vehicles leaving from the Vancouver area with 2 seats still open. Anyone? :D

Stoicheio on
    edited July 2008
    Stoicheio wrote: »
    So I know it's a little late, but my buddy and I recently decided to hit up PAX this year. We were thinking of rocking out the Super Trip if there are any vehicles leaving from the Vancouver area with 2 seats still open. Anyone? :D

More people usually come in as we get closer, so hopefully there's some space in a vehicle that you can occupy. I'll add you and a friend to the main post, looking to fill two spaces.

b0wser on
    edited July 2008
    Thanks!

Stoicheio on
    edited July 2008
    Stoicheio wrote: »
    Thanks!

If nothing else turns out, you're welcome to join me and some others on the Greyhound (leaving 8:15 Thursday morning)

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    Cool cool, that was our original plan. Then I remembered reading about the super trip car pools, so figured we'd check it out. I went with a buddy to the first PAX however many years ago it was now. Either way I'm sure it'll be a wicked time!

Stoicheio on
  • magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My girlfriend & I are gonna be on the 11:30 Clipper from Victoria to Seattle on the 28th, and it doesn't look like anyone else is gonna be on that sailing but if anyone else is planning on it, we could maybe do a meet & greet.

I think my friend and I would be down for that. We will be on that boat as well.

magiic on
  • TrichotomyTrichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just wanted to post and update my situation. I may be moving into rez early and leaving from Vancouver instead of Penticton. I'll update again once I decide, but my guesd would be put be down for looking for a ride from Vancouver.

Trichotomy on
    This is my signature. It is funny.
    edited July 2008
    I re-did the Victoria Clipper section, so that different groups on different sailings might be able to get together a little more easily.

Trichotomy: that's not a problem, you're in the list!

b0wser on
    edited July 2008
    Here is a map of expected and some possible construction between now and September along the I-5 and the I-90!

Current Projects along the I-5

Do note that several of the listed projects are not set to begin for several years, while others are ambiguous about start or end dates.

Theros on
    edited July 2008
    Bad news. the shop that changed my oil and transmission fluid overfilled the latter and it has been damaged. until further notice my vehicle will be a 2000 Intrepid. it seats the same as the explorer but has diminished cargo capacity.

Theros on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ouch that's rough.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • smessmes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Unfortunatley, I have RA training the week of PAX. The weekend is devoted to building prep. I'll have to miss out this year. But next year my crew and I are in it FULL FORCE.

smes on
    edited July 2008
    I was also wondering if the Canadian Supertrip works in reverse or if I would have to fly back. Thank you.

Trichotomy on
    edited July 2008
    So, the local Mr. Lube will be replacing our transmission at their expense, come hell or high water.... Below, evidence of their epic fail.
    fluidcomparison.jpg
    Left: Mercon III, from bottle. Unused. Right: Unknown fluid, possibly Mercon III/V, from vehicle. 129.3 KM on fluid.

Overfilling of the transmission induced overpressure and cavitation of fluid. As a result the fluid itself began burning as the transmission components were not properly lubricated, and overheated while stripping gears and banding.

Theros on
    edited July 2008
    Trichotomy wrote: »
    I was also wondering if the Canadian Supertrip works in reverse or if I would have to fly back. Thank you.

There is no scheduled return pattern, since different people leave at different times and whatnot. If you're getting a ride down with people, it usually just works out that you'll get a ride back with those same people, if that's been worked out with the driver. With either Merritt or Vancouver, you shouldn't have a problem sorting the return trip out.

b0wser on
    edited July 2008
    OK, thanks that's what i was figuring.

Trichotomy on
    edited July 2008
    smes wrote: »
    Unfortunatley, I have RA training the week of PAX. The weekend is devoted to building prep. I'll have to miss out this year. But next year my crew and I are in it FULL FORCE.

That sucks to hear. If you know anyone who's still attending from a route area, can you send them our way?
    Hopefully your RA training goes well!

b0wser on
    edited July 2008
    Healthpack's car died. Stupid Engine. I'm talking with DeadlySherpa about the ride situation.

Sumi on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    PLANS HAVE CHANGED.

I now have four seats available including the bitch seat. I drive a 2000 4DR Blazer.

Email or gtalk me at geecee@gmail.com

Edit: heading down with the supertrip, returning on monday sometime

GeeCee on
    edited July 2008
    CST Buttons have arrived. I'll try and make plans with Theros to get the majority of them to him to pass out on the road. I'll keep a bunch to give to bus people and whoever else wants them.
    HPIM0587.jpg

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    I wouldn't mind a pin even though Im not in any of the vehicles Im just taking the clipper

magiic on
    edited July 2008
    if you find someone who has them to give out, Clipper people are more than welcome to one :D

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    if you find someone who has them to give out, Clipper people are more than welcome to one :D

sweet anyone in particular going to be carrying them
    they look really good btw

magiic on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yay more clipper ppl!!!!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    magiic wrote: »

I think my friend and I would be down for that. We will be on that boat as well.

My group is on the 7pm sailing on Aug 28th arriving in Seattle at like 9:45pm we have 5 of us in our group!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm gonna be driving to PAX from Kelowna. I've got an SUV, and it's just me, so there's three empty seats if anyone needs a lift (I'm finding out what days I come and go later this week, and will post again).

Or better yet.. SmallLady, what days is the hotel booked for? Need to know what days I have to book off. :P

Yuritau on
  • YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I have a bed on thursday night, that means yay for me. I'll be driving down on thursday and heading back home on monday.

I can join the supertrip in merrit or lower mainland, depending on what the other merrit people do this year. (ahh the good times of walking around the Merrit info stop asking people "Are you Captain Spadge?" ... it was worth it just for the funny looks.)

Yuritau on
  • GeneralsGenerals Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I've got a friend of mine to book for me a ticket just last month. I'll pretty much be attending this years PAX with my friends who are driving there first thing friday, provided there aren't any problems with the border.

Whatever the case, this month is going to be pretty interesting as I've got another convention to attend the week before.

Generals on
    jsn: and there was some dude(note that: DUDE) dressed up as Mai from KOF
    Jeff: I see
    jsn: and I was like "I wonder how he goes to the washroom, does he just like...brush his loincloth to the side or what?"
    jsn: friend was like "DUDE he's BEHIND YOU"
    edited August 2008
    Update: We need to find car space for 1-2 more people. I will be contacting people with open spots soon. If I don't contact you and you will be in abby with an open seat, please send me a PM.

Sumi on
  • CimreauCimreau Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Group Leader: Cimreau
    Starting Waypoint: Kamloops
    Vehicle: 1992 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon
    Riders: 3
    Unconfirmed Riders: 0
    Space Available: comfortably 1, potentially 2

Bit of a late addition, I suppose. We're hoping to find a campground near Seattle for Thursday night, staying at a hotel Friday and Saturday, and driving back north right after PAX on Sunday. We can take one more passenger easily if someone needs a ride, or two if they travel fairly light.

Cimreau on
    edited August 2008
    No worries, Cimreau! It's nice to see a group coming together for Kamloops. I've added your group information to the main post.

b0wser on
This discussion has been closed.