As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Character Screenshot Thread 6: Some Men Just Want to Watch the World NSF56k

• Options
    MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tehmarken wrote: »
    Morithain wrote: »

Is that from Illegal Danish?

Yep. 8-)

Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Though I wonder how much of that is merely due to the fact that the people who run these alternatives crank the leveling speed up to 200x or so.
    The alternatives are better managed because their levelling speed is faster? How does that work?

Glal on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    Though I wonder how much of that is merely due to the fact that the people who run these alternatives crank the leveling speed up to 200x or so.
    The alternatives are better managed because their levelling speed is faster? How does that work?

People are happier when they can level up. It's more just the perception that it's run better because players actually accomplish stuff.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I dunno. I've never experimented with these alternatives. But it'd at least be a bigger incentive to the "I want level 99 and I don't want to spent 2 years doing it" crowd (i.e. almost everyone except the Koreans).

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man, I love atlas park. I wish Villains had an equivalent. The starting zone is so boring, no one ever hangs out there like they do in Atlas. I don't think I've ever seen a Villain Costume Contest.

Please tell me there are missions where you go into the instance and it is Atlas Park where you get to go stomp on some "Heroes" holding a Costume contest.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    People are happier when they can level up. It's more just the perception that it's run better because players actually accomplish stuff.
    Yeah, but from what I've heard, Gravity has an atrocious public relations image. I'm skeptical that came from it taking too long to level up.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, but from what I've heard, Gravity has an atrocious public relations image. I'm skeptical that came from it taking too long to level up.

I think the point was that the alternatives appeared better because leveling was easier, not that Gravity was bad because leveling was slow.

However, Gravity did also have atrocious customer support for English speakers. How hard is it to find someone who speaks English well AND Korean? It was rather disappointing. My college roomate from Korea spoke English very well, did gravity just not even try?

Could also be the rampant botting in the official servers because people hated leveling. So in a way, slow leveling may have actually been the crux of the problem.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    But at least it was cute.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It sure was. Now, to get back on topic, my paladin, in his sexy tanking gear:

WoWScrnShot_071408_111006.jpg

tehmarken on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Red Arbalest in a quiet moment. Thought this SS turned out neat, if a bit moody and depressive looking.

screenshot2008071716590fj2.th.jpg

For a minute I thought you were on a rocket powered chair and I was all like "WHAT"

Then I saw the rest of the lamp and I was disappointed.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think the point was that the alternatives appeared better because leveling was easier, not that Gravity was bad because leveling was slow.
    However, Gravity did also have atrocious customer support for English speakers.
    No, the original point was that the alternatives were better run (ie, managed) than the official one. Which has nothing to do with levelling speed, but much to do with customer relations, which you just confirmed was shit on the original servers.

Glal on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

You will need to decide which silly toon to delete for your Death Knight :P

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dis wrote: »

The level 1 warrior named Wiegraf is my placeholder name, had it for about a year now. I just can't pass up such a great reference to FFTactics 8-)

tehmarken on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    However, Gravity did also have atrocious customer support for English speakers.
    No, the original point was that the alternatives were better run (ie, managed) than the official one. Which has nothing to do with levelling speed, but much to do with customer relations, which you just confirmed was shit on the original servers.

They were better run. There was active bot hunting, a leveling and loot modfier of 2-3x that seemed just right, server wide events and the communitys weren't too massive so there was some actual competition in WoE (from what I hear WoE on the real servers came down to a super guild just holding them all).

Scroffus on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    It's... The Mexicow!

mexicow.jpg

mexicelfaq2.jpg

Scroffus on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

The level 1 warrior named Wiegraf is my placeholder name, had it for about a year now. I just can't pass up such a great reference to FFTactics 8-)

There's room for one more right now, though.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It doesn't matter anyways, I'm giving the account to a friend.

In exchange, they're helping me pay for wedding rings. It's a win-win situation really, because then I'll take over my future-wife's account haha.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

In exchange, they're helping me pay for wedding rings. It's a win-win situation really, because then I'll take over my future-wife's account haha.

Just be prepared to have your account(s) banned.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    bowen wrote: »

I don't see anything against the ToS going on here. There's nothing wrong with letting a friend play my account, and there's nothing wrong with a friend helping me out with my marriage. :winky:

tehmarken on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I don't see anything against the ToS going on here. There's nothing wrong with letting a friend play my account, and there's nothing wrong with a friend helping me out with my marriage. :winky:

Maybe he will help you quit WoW by destorying all your Epic :p
    And FRAPS it and plays it for you on your wedding :winky:

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I don't see anything against the ToS going on here. There's nothing wrong with letting a friend play my account

Terms of Use.
    You may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein.
    Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20576&searchQuery=account%20sharing&pageNumber=1

I see lots of people get banned over at the Customer Service forums for this (mostly power leveling services), Kantankeris can vouch for that one. (Looks like he posts over there too).

Just be prepared, not saying it'll happen.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    At any rate, the account will be out of my life in about a week. I don't really care if he liquidates the whole thing, paying for marriage stuff is more important that any game :P

edit:
    touché

tehmarken on
  • Options
    MosatiMosati Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, who are you going to get to help pay for the divorce?

Mosati on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20576&searchQuery=account%20sharing&pageNumber=1

I see lots of people get banned over at the Customer Service forums for this (mostly power leveling services), Kantankeris can vouch for that one. (Looks like he posts over there too).

Just be prepared, not saying it'll happen.

Before BC came out I took control of a a friend's account. I even changed all the contact info to match my own account's. I even went so far as to send an email to blizzard asking "Can I take my friend's characters and transfer them to my account since he doesn't want them anymore?". What did they do? Nothing at all.

But you have your warnings, and you've made your choice. Best of luck!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's... The Mexicow!
    mexicow.jpg

Carne Asada would have been a better name. :P

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    It's... The Mexicow!
    mexicow.jpg

Carne Asada would have been a better name. :P

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of that ;p

tehmarken on
  • Options
    SkeightmachineSkeightmachine Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Almost have to squint.

WoWScrnShot_071508_192446.jpg

Skeightmachine on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Almost have to squint.

WoWScrnShot_071508_192446.jpg

Thats fuckin' next gen.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That is so much bloom I would believe it is a nuclear explosion.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It kinda reminds me of some of my screenshots.

Spoilered for lotsness.
    WoWScrnShot_051008_221103.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_122807_222222.jpg

and not to totally derail, here is my hunter as he's running around LA.
    WoWScrnShot_022108_221427.jpg

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Sapien PrimeSapien Prime Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bloomplosion.

Again with the Sapien Prime (City of Heroes, Virtue server). Spoilered for largeness.
    0005d71exe9.jpg

Sapien Prime on
  • Options
    MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    <--- Still jealous of that rad character design, Sapien ;)

Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I thought id post a few more of my old screens. These are very old and before I upgraded my PC :P

Spoilered for size
    hanginout.jpg

zwtf.jpg

z1.jpg

thisishowwedo.jpg

1lvl60yay.jpg

WoWScrnShot_031305_033524.jpg

WoWScrnShot_031205_090831.jpg

WoWScrnShot_031105_183152.jpg

WoWScrnShot_031105_182131.jpg

WoWScrnShot_031105_183121.jpg

raid4.jpg

raid1.jpg

clanshot.jpg

WoWScrnShot_122604_100906.jpg

WoWScrnShot_122804_025707.jpg

WoWScrnShot_012005_164553.jpg

Skeightmachine on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Underground Knights, eh?

Your character's name sounds familiar as well, but I recognize several of the guild names, especially Underground Knights.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah we were on the Bonechewer server. I joined back when we were all relatively young shortly after launch at level 20 on my priest. Man that was the best time. Before battlegrounds, pvp gear, honor points, server transfers ect. Those were the days.

Heres a Pic of that MC run where we wiped hard. Some of them are UGK members but most of them are from other guilds.
    WoWScrnShot_031105_180342.jpg

Skeightmachine on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    In honour of the reformation of Juggernaut, here's an old one of a flawless victory on Huhuran with no deaths. Due to my peerless healing skillz, of course. As you can see, the previous attempt was not flawless.
    flawless.jpg
    Some of the individuals in the pic haven't hit 70 yet on those characters.

Oh dear, the original version of Scholomance
    pwnt.jpg

high res of this used to be my desktop, a few years back, don't have that version anymore, unfortunately, enjoy shitty low res.
    equestrianjpeg.jpg

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My thugs/dark mastermind and his posse.
    invisiblehand.jpg

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    mexicelfaq2.jpg

You have that thing smogged, ese?

Delzhand on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Heh, I've got Zalbaag as my placeholder for my DK. Found the Wiegraf on my server and it turns out it's an Orc Hunter. I died a bit inside.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
This discussion has been closed.