As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Faking a`mod badge

PantsmonkeyPantsmonkey Registered User regular
I seem to remember from a while back I cannot find the thread though that, creating a fake mod badge was against the rules but since they became centralized it was no longer a problem.

As Im one of the people voted most unlikley to ever achieve any sort of badge I saw no harm in using a fake av for a day or so.

Is it such a crime ?

4ob39
Pantsmonkey on

• Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    I think it's still sort of against the rules - they centralised it so that it was harder to fake it but if someone tries to pass themselves off as a mod they get jailernated pretty quick.

Dunno about making silly mod badges, like one that says 'sod' or something similarly hilarious like that. The main problem was making sure people didn't terrorise newbs by pretending to be mods. The mods like to keep a monopoly on terrorising newbs. Oh, snap.

Of course, you'd have to get an official mod stance on the ruling.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    The only person I can think of with a faux mod badge is brian140, anyway. He's had that since time immemorial, though.

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    How did you get your fake mod badge centered Dely?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    They told me on this side of the forums I shouldn't just blatantly transform anyone's profile into a mockery of my worship, so I'll let that slide.

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    icon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gif

This is not the appropriate place to voice concerns about being banned or jailed, or any other personal gripes about the moderation. For something like that, you should PM or email one of us.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47624

icon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gificon_pm.gif

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    Is it such a crime ?

In and that people--people much like yourself, who're tap-dancing on indescribably thin ice--have been banned for it, yes.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
This discussion has been closed.