As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wii] Core Games AOC - After October Conference - Games? GAMES!! [56k GTFO]

GuekGuek Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Games and Technology
10/15/08 UPDATED

This OP will be updated occasionally

October conference games reel

Games of 2008
Sam & Max Season 01 by Telltale Games - October 14, 2008 *OUT NOW*

sam_max_seasonone_wiiboxart_160w.jpg

Classic hilarious detective action! Anthropomorphism galore!!
sam-max-season-one--20080715010829004_640w.jpg

Harvest Moon: Tee of Tranquility by Natsume - *OUT NOW*

Harvest-Moon_Tree-of-Tranq_USboxart_160w.jpg

Wait Guek, I thought you were talking about hardcore games?! Well here's news for you, aint nothin more hardcore than makin some cash and roundin up bitches to marry. Seriously though, the Harvest Moon series has had its share of gems in the past. This game looks to be shaping up to be pretty good, but if it's too "omg too cute!" for you, then maybe Rune Factory in all its beast taming glory might be better suited for you.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All-Play by Tiburon and EA - *OUT NOW*

If you're anything like me and you were expecting some bitchin motion control golf action back when the wii launch, you were likely sorely disappointed with what Tiger Woods 07 had to offer. Thankfully, this new version looks to deliver on a lot of our golfing hopes. With much better controls, tuned up visuals, online play, new modes (annoying ball battle action, HOOOO!), this iteration might end up satisfying those of us looking for the perfect drive.

IGN score=8.3

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed by Krome Studios and LucasArts - *OUT NOW

SWTFU-WIIboxart_160w.jpg

No HD, no problem (well...i guess that depends on who you ask). Even if it is missing most of the shinier effects found in its HD brethren, the Wii version still has much to offer. With engaging (see:functional) motion controls, an exclusive dual mode, and exclusive levels not found on the 360/PS3 version, there are plenty of reasons to want to pick this up. And even if it isn't the prettiest game around, I'd say it's far from ugly.
Update: Scratch that. Apparently this game isn't all that. But it's not terrible.
e3-2008-star-wars-the-force-unleashed-pics-20080715014332588.jpg

e3-2008-star-wars-the-force-unleashed-pics-20080715014334151.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702023234941_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024818582_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024824160_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024826847_640w.jpg

De Blob by THQ - *OUT NOW*

deblobfinalwiiboxart_160w.jpg

IGN score=8.4

Ever want to be a paint sponge? Well do I have the game for you! In all seriousness though, this game looks to be pretty sweet. If you don't know anything about this game yet, give it a chance and check it out. It's been in development for awhile now and it's shaped up quite nicely.

Really, the game's gotten quite a bit of praise. Support the arts! Buy the game :P

Deadly Creatures by THQ - December 22, 2008
- though this might have been pushed back to early 2009

Like spiders and scorpions? Terrified by them? Either way, you might be interested in this game where you take out rattlesnakes as an arachnid. This is one of the better upcoming 3rd party games for the wii.

Guitar Hero: World Tour by Vicarious Visions and Activison - October 26, 2008

It's guitar hero...what more is there to say? This year, the wii version is touting all of the bells and whistles that its HD counterparts have kept to themselves for far too long. Confirmed DLC, a bitchin music creation studio, character creation, and hopefully no cut corners. Need convincing? Check out some of the videos over at gametrailers. I'd post some here but there are too many depending on where your interests lie.

Guitar Hero World Tour update: You can use miis in what looks like a far better take on wii music. Article here.

Screens and Videos:
off-screen video
guitar-hero-world-tour-20080819115446835.jpg
guitar-hero-world-tour-20080819115448617.jpg

Monster Lab by Backbone Entertainment - November 4, 2008

It's kinda like custom robo...but with monsters! You're a mad scientist bent on creating the perfect tool for destruction. While I don't know much about this game, I do think it looks promising. You build monsters to fight other monsters. Sounds fun, right?

Call of Duty: World at War by Treyarch and Activison - November 11, 2008

Yes, it's by Treyarch. No, that does not mean it's inherently worthless. The developers on this title have been adamant about their level of ambition, not only with the project as a whole but specifically with the wii version as well. They've got the CoD4 engine running on the wii, that counts for somethin, right? While they do not have a history of creating games as well crafted as their counterparts, this entry in the series still has the potential to be an enjoyable affair. So get the WWII groan out of you early, we've got nazis to kill.

Mushroom Men: Spore Wars by Red Fly Studios and Gamecock - November 11, 2008

I don't know much about this game so I'll just post the IGN blurb:
After a comet had passed the earth, all the planet's researchers concluded its strange green dust had no effect on the world. None noticed that tiny plants and fungi were acting strangely. Mushrooms, cacti, kudzu and other formerly-normal plants had awoken to full consciousness. Tribes quickly formed among the various mushroom species: the primitive Boletes, the aggressive Amanitas, and the inventive Morels. With nations formed, war inevitably followed.

Mushroom Men shows gamers the mundane world from the surreal perspective of a three-inch-high Mushroom Man. Unnoticed by humans, a war rages between the spore factions. As a brave Bolete Mushroom Man, players are given the opportunity to wreak havoc by transforming common household trinkets and trash into weapons and tools.

Apparently this game is shaping up REALLY nicely. I would keep an eye on it.

Star Wars: Lightsaber Duels by Krome Studios and LucasArts - November 11, 2008

Wii lightsaber action! This is another iffy title. On one hand, it's got lightsabers...on the other, it's a movie tie in. Still, it looks pretty solid visually, and if you can accept ridiculous saber trails and lightbats then this might be something to look out for.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World by Namco Bandai - November 11, 2008

talessymphonianew_box.jpg

If you were a fan of the first ToS for the cube then you're probably already aware of this anticipated sequel. The platform is starved for some good RPGs...hopefully this will help!

Skate It by EA - November 17, 2008

From the creators of the acclaimed skateboarding game, Skate, comes...Skate It. A game about...skateboarding. Oh, and balance board support! Some people have been down on this game for subpar visuals but I personally think it looks absolutely fine. The balance board tricks look to be a lot of fun as well. I played this one at PAX. It's not the prettiest game in the world, but it actually controlled really well.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse by Grasshopper Manufacture - TBA 2008

Be prepared to get the living shit scared out of you. If you like feeling of cold terror running down your spine, this is the game for you. And hey! It's got the No More Heroes guy working on it too! When it's coming out is unknown, but let's remain hopeful.

Little King Story by XEED - TBA 2008

Made by a collection of dream team developers, this title formerly known as Project O has a lot of charm and a lot of promise. Think pikmin but with people instead of plants :)

World of Goo by 2D Boy - *OUT NOW

world-of-goo-20080415014551176_640w.jpg

It's good. Really good. Buy it. NOW.

SNK Arcade Classics by SNK - *OUT NOW*

SNK-Arcade-Classics-v1_Wii_temp_coverboxart_160w.jpg

The title says it all. Games include:
* ART OF FIGHTING - The first game in SNK's second fighting-game franchise, set in the same universe as Fatal Fury.
* BASEBALL STARS 2 - The sequel to SNK's popular baseball arcade game.
* BURNING FIGHT - New York detectives battle organized crime in this fighter.
* FATAL FURY - First released in 1991, Fatal Fury introduced the two-plane fighting system.
* KING OF FIGHTERS '94 - The first game in the popular King of Fighters series.
* KING OF THE MONSTERS - In King of the Monsters, giant monsters fight for power in epic battles.
* LAST RESORT - A challenging futuristic shooter.
* MAGICIAN LORD - Players help the wizard Elta save his homeworld in this platformer.
* METAL SLUG - Known for its humor and fast- moving gameplay, this run-and-gun side-scroller was the first in the popular series.
* NEO TURF MASTERS - A golf game which debuted on the Neo Geo Pocket Color in 1999.
* SAMURAI SHODOWN - Set in the 18th century, Samurai Shodown features bladed-weapon combat and an international cast of characters.
* SENGOKU - In Sengoku, players face off against undead feudal Japanese armies.
* SHOCK TROOPERS - In this run-and-gun adventure, players save a scientist and his granddaughter from the Bloody Scorpions.
* SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - A soccer game featuring teams from all over the world.
* TOP HUNTER - Bounty hunters protect colonists from space pirates in this futuristic action game.
* WORLD HEROES - This classic fighter pits players against historical figures in a tournament enabled by time travel.

Sonic Unleashed by SEGA - November 18, 2008

SonicUnleashedWiiBoxboxart_160w.jpg

New Sonic Unleashed screen found here

Quite likely just a ps2 port with waggle, this game is kind of up in the air in terms of quality. Still, if you're a fan of the blue blur, this might be something you'll want to keep tabs on. Just be aware: werehogs are involved! New gameplay footage looks solid, but Sonic and the black knight looks better...

Gradius Rebirth by Konami - TBA 2008

GradiusRebirthLogo_1216284686_640w.jpg

Another promising wiiware game that has a dubious release date. We wait with baited breath for nintendo to get off their asses and release some of these more high profile wiiware titles. Gradius Rebirth is everything you loved about Gradius, just...uh...reborn. You get the idea.

e3-2008-gradius-rebirth-announced-20080717083109168_640w.jpg

Pro Evo Soccer 09 by Konami - TBA 2008/2009

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-1.jpg

Yes, that is the box art for PES 2008, not 09, but that's all that's available. Not much is known about PES 09 aside from that it's coming to wii and that it will build on the excellent system they had in 08. PES 08 has sold incredibly well and for good reason. It is perhaps the most compelling soccer game on the market today.

Space Invaders RTS by Atari (?) - TBA

sige1lu2.jpg

This game made a sizable splash awhile back but has since disappeared into whatever void it is that sucks up wii games. As far as well know, it's still in development and still looks awesome.
c20080617_09_geteven_06_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20080617_09_geteven_04_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20080617_09_geteven_09_cs1w1_640x512.jpg

c20080617_09_geteven_13_cs1w1_640x512.jpg

Dokapon Kingdom by Atlus - *OUT NOW*

dokapon_boxart_wiiboxart_160w.jpg

A mario party clone....NOT. Though this game does employ the boardgame, party aesthetic, it's a completely unique approach to the genre. Imagine Mario Party, minus the mini-games, plus RPG elements. This game sound fantastic, according to the ign preview, and I will beat you with a stick if you don't at least give it a chance. Trust me, just give the preview a read and see if you're convinced.

Screens and trailer:

2009 Wii Games

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41032.html

Believe it.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers by SquareEnix - Action/RPG

final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-crystal-bearers-20070525083526350_640w.jpg

Fragile by Bandai Namco - RPG

fragile-wii-logo-shot-short.jpg

Mad World by Platinum Games - Action

madworld.jpg

Rune Factory Frontier by Marvelous Interactive - Simulation

first-look-rune-factory-frontier-20080606054945585_640w.jpg
rune-factory-frontier-20080715011407450_640w.jpg

rune-factory-frontier-20080715011411060_640w.jpg

first-look-rune-factory-frontier-20080606054939523_640w.jpg

The Conduit by High Voltage Software - First Person Shooter

Sonic and the Black Knight by SEGA - Genre Unknown

Dead Rising: Chop Till you Drop by Capcom - Action

DeadRising1.jpg
Overlord: Dark Legend - TBA 2009
IGN blurb:
Set in a time before the original game, players take the role of a new young Overlord. As he revels in command of the Minions, our trainee tyrant will be able to take his growing pains out on the local fairy tale inhabitants as he protects his castle and lands. Connecting players to the game world in three dimensions, the use of the Wii Remote gives unprecedented control over the minions. For example, individual Minions can be plucked from the horde, held by the neck and then, by vigorously shaking the Wii Remote, throttled to imbue him with some Overlordly power and turn him into a manic minion missile. With a now-explosive body, the insane little critter can be guided into enemies with hilarious, if rather fatal, consequences.

overlord-dark-legend-20080813041311965_640w.jpg
overlord-dark-legend-20080813041314793_640w.jpg
overlord-dark-legend-20080813041329246_640w.jpg

House of the Dead: Overkill - Q1 2009

Here's the fantastic trailer for those of you that missed it, along with a couple of screens.

Kore - TBA

Originally slated for the original Xbox, this resurrected game features a colorful platforming world. You're in a robot suit and you smash stuff. *shrugs* Likes alright, but it really is too early to call.

random stuff:
Another Code
__bigimage_48e486d971256.jpg

081002_anothercode_s1.jpg

081002_anothercode_s3.jpg

Sin & Punishment 2

Dynamic Slash
081002_zan_02.jpg

081002_zan_03.jpg

Endless Ocean 2
73901520081002_131623_0_big.jpg

73901520081002_131623_1_big.jpg

73901520081002_131623_2_big.jpg

Cosmic Walker
__bigimage_48e4a0f2be6c4.jpg

081002_cosmic_02.jpg

081002_cosmic_03.jpg

Spawn Smasher
wii2009_02.jpg

081002_span_01.jpg

Tact of Magic
081002_tact_01.jpg

081002_tact_02.jpg

Punch Out

Line Attack
lineatack1gv1.jpg

lineatack2bn1.jpg

lineatack3ha9.jpg

Maramusa: The Demon Blade

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Monster Hunter 3:

Tenchu IV

Guek on

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fatal Frame looks good to me. And...

D:

Hey, we also got a psuedo Pikmin 3 announcement. I'm not selling this little thing yet.

Darlan on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I know we seem to be hating on Nintendo currently, but the new Wario Land looks awesome.

Peewi on
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Not listed:
    Fragile
    CC: Crystal Bearers
    Space Invaders RTS
    Sonic Unleashed
    World of Goo
    Shiren 3
    Mad World
    Wario Land: Shake
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Sadness
    Captain Rainbow
    Dead Rising

Little King Story, Fatal Frame, Tales of Symphonia and Deadly Creatures all look like my kind of thing

Xagarath on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sam and Max comes out that soon?

Time to finally play this series.

UnbreakableVow on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702023234941_640w.jpg

14b289d3817b91e82f2e68c0dfd65d5f.gif

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Not listed:
    Fragile
    Space Invaders RTS
    Sonic Unleashed
    World of Goo
    Shiren 3
    Mad World
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Sadness
    Captain Rainbow
    Dead Rising

Little King Story, Fatal Frame, Tales of Symphonia and Deadly Creatures all look like my kind of thing

i wanted to make a list of 2008 games only...but yeah, some of those are this year. I'll add em to the OP when I get back from dark knight :)

Guek on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Here are some more games that were mentioned as 2008 as of the last time we heard of them, and all of these are third party:

Sonic Unleashed
    Gradius Rebirth
    Star Wars Clone Wars
    SNK Arcade Classics V1
    Pro Evo Soccer 09
    King of Fighters Orochi Saga
    FaceBreaker
    maybe Brothers in Arms Double Time
    there's also Rygar, but, we haven't heard much about it..

I don't much keep up with online DLC stuff very well, it's harder to keep track of, but Gradius Rebirth I'm highly anticipating.

slash000 on
  • SolidhavocSolidhavoc Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Some of these look good, but the big thing to me is- how many of these are Wii-exclusive?

Solidhavoc on
    edited July 2008
    Solidhavoc wrote: »
    Some of these look good, but the big thing to me is- how many of these are Wii-exclusive?

For me, it's less a question of what is exclusive to the Wii, and more of a question of which would I rather play on the Wii. Stuff like Tiger Woods I could not care less on other platforms, but I love me some remote-swinging golf. And the FPSs? I thought COD3 really, truly benefitted from the Wii controls treatment to the point where I can honestly say that I'm mildly looking forward to World at War. Skate It sounds like an absolute blast based on hands-on (and feet-on) previews of the game, especially if you consider Balance Board support. Force Unleashed could go either way, for better or for worse. GHWT looks to be about as good on the Wii compared to its brethren as GH3 was its its; meaning, the important differences are so negligible (to me) that I'll happily get a Wii version just as soon as any other version. Sam & Max is coming to Wii and PC, but at this point, I'll take anything I can play on my couch over something that I'd otherwise have to hunch over the computer keyboard to play. The rest of the OP's mentioned games are exclusives, I think, so should I choose to want to play them, I'd be getting them on the Wii one way or the other.

The games I listed, some are exclusive to Wii, others are either unchanged from other versions (the SNK games), while others like FaceBreaker and Pro Evo can really benefit from the Wii if treated properly; especially Pro Evo, which many consider Wii Pro Evo 08 to be the best one out there right now, thanks to its controls and interface, which are impossible to replicate on the other platforms. I'm thinking possibly Bros in Arms and Rygar are the most questionable ones as far as expectations go, so they could come out well or come out poorly.

But ultimately, there's a good reason to have many of these games on the Wii platform despite the multiplatform nature of some of them, and that's what is important to me.

slash000 on
  • RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    de Blob looks like fantastic fun. Anybody with a Wii seriously needs to hit Gametrailers and take that one in for a while.

It strikes me as a more arcadey, more relaxing spin on Jet Grind Radio. Which would be so awesome.

I doubt Fatal Frame 4 makes 2008, but I'll keep an eye on it, if only because Suda 51 is the man.

This thread is a good idea, Guek.

Raughn on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Madden 09 is being made by the team that did the amazing '07 edition, and IGN keeps talking about how amazing Tiger Woods is coming along.

Also I think LKS is early 2009 just like Rune Factory Frontier.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    what's a core gamer? what does that mean?

DouglasDanger on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Guek wrote: »
    De Blob by THQ - September 22, 2008

deblobfinalwiiboxart_160w.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36900.html

I.... have no fucking idea what's going on here.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    what's a core gamer? what does that mean?

Gamers from
    THE CENTER OF
    THE EARTH

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I played de Blob when it was released as the college student project for free online.

What's changed for the console release that makes it an actual game worth money, rather than a quick time-waster you get bored of in about 15 minutes?

DarkPrimus on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I need to know if O3 are ever going to bring Radio Allergy to the Wii like they promised.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    51pzJY7AvEL._SS400_.jpg

Please tell me that's what I think it is.

I do believe it is!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • NativityInBlackNativityInBlack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Core gamers are let's say 20-40 years old dudes that play Halo 3 CoD 4 online and stuff like metal gear solid I guess, games that are not Wii'able mostly.

No more heroes and Mario Kart Wii and Brawl should suffice for anyone imho. 8-)

NativityInBlack on
    edited July 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I do believe it is!

Yep: Chaos Field, Radio Allergy, and Karous. All in one tidy package.

slash000 on
    edited July 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I do believe it is!

Yep: Chaos Field, Radio Allergy, and Karous. All in one tidy package.

Rapidly defining Wii as the shmup console.

Radio Allergy with two free games sounds good to me.
    (re: I know nothing about the other two besides Chaos Field's supposed mediocrity)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, I wouldnt quite go that far. 360 has Otomedius and is getting some of the Cave shooters. It also has Shiki 3 in Japan.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sam and Max ? Jesus I was all set to get it for PC too. Saves me the trouble I guess.

Dangerous Animals looks sweet as well.

Also I would like to put the following on the table:

If any of you buy that damn Force unleashed PS2 port with waggle and further the connection that people with wiis will buy that garbage I will find and punch you.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Guys, guys.... you're forgetting one very important fact.

Nintendo is doomed.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Conduit should also be mentioned, right?

Renzo on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Conduit isn't due until early next year. Otherwise, yeah.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    De Blob is (seemingly quite loosely) based on this freeware game, made by a bunch of German students.

It looks like they have changed a lot for the Wii game, in fact, it looks like a completely different game, but you can get a bit of an idea what it will play like from this.

LewieP on
  • stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ok now wait a sec, I haven't heard jack about the crystal bearers game for like ages. I heard rumblings that it had gone the way of the Dodo....

Is there new word on it that I might have missed? Please keep the dream alive for me.

I do need to say, though that there looks to be some real gems coming. I think Mushroom Men looks like its going to be alot of fun. I sort of get a Psychonauts feel from the visuals. Which is wonderful of course.

deBlob looks great, and I'll be picking up The Conduit unless I hear absolutely terrible things about it. Generic does not mean unenjoyable.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's coming along.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Not listed:
    Fragile
    Space Invaders RTS
    Sonic Unleashed
    World of Goo
    Shiren 3
    Mad World
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Sadness
    Captain Rainbow
    Dead Rising

Come again?

Cyrixd on
    Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
    SteamID: FronWewq
    Battle.net: Orange#1845
    3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm looking forward to; Sam and Max, De Blob (Probably the most), Deadly Creatures, CoD, and Tales of...

And of course Conduit, Mad World, FFCC, Dead Rising, etc...

Trus on
    qFN53.png
    edited July 2008
    Glad to see it's not just me looking forwards to De Blob.
    Cyrixd wrote: »
    Space Invaders RTS

Come again?

sige1lu2.jpg

sige2ya7.jpg

More here

LewieP on
  • SulSul Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ^^^
    That looks...

awesome.

Sul on
    Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
    edited July 2008
    Renzo wrote: »
    The Conduit should also be mentioned, right?

I think that's Spring 09 at the earliest.

The OP is about third party games 2008

slash000 on
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Not listed:
    Fragile
    Space Invaders RTS
    Sonic Unleashed
    World of Goo
    Shiren 3
    Mad World
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Sadness
    Captain Rainbow
    Dead Rising

Come again?

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Not listed:
    Fragile
    Space Invaders RTS
    Sonic Unleashed
    World of Goo
    Shiren 3
    Mad World
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Sadness
    Captain Rainbow
    Dead Rising

Come again?

Ahahahahaha!
    Bwahahaha!
    I would love to play a game with the same atmosphere as the drawn/rendered picture which were presented to the press - oh well. I think they still need to hire programmers which create the game these guys have envisioned. Games do not come from concept art alone.

Dratatoo on
    edited July 2008
    Nibris have licensed the gamebryo engine, for what it's worth.

LewieP on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MadWorld is coming out in 2009. 2009 is going to be awesome.

Couscous on
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have to admit, I don't see anything that I'm really excited for coming to the Wii later this year. I see several games that have potential and might end up as being really cool (I'm curious to see how de Blog turns out), but I'm not seeing anything that I'd consider preordering. Well, maybe that shmup collection. :)

On the other hand, I'm not disappointed in the Wii. It's primarily my wife's & daughter's system (where I do most of my gaming on the 360 & PC), but it's nice to have around for the occasional cool exclusive.

RainbowDespair on
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Nibris have licensed the gamebryo engine, for what it's worth.

Hence the only reason I list it.

Xagarath on