As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Since the only things I get are Mighty Muggs, figured I'd post my newest find. Preordered these puppies off of BBTS.

HAS15677.jpg
    I'm in love with Thanos

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    hey have you guys seen the new showcase line of dc figures? i saw them at the store this week and they're fucking awesome.

wizarduniverse_2008_8889110

jonah hex! batgirl with a purse!

easily the best one is superman though. he comes with four extra "red kryptonite" heads and hands, like the one where he's a lion, the one where he turns into an ant-headed superman, and the "superman of the future" where he has a giant brain. i'm seriously buying at least the superman one and maybe the jonah hex one once i have some more cash.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So now there's a Black Canary Barbie:

y1pgShsIn0WqitmkjyLjeQli6qZ1h-WUbSA7twWe32_JbPLDpVu7ehafAg08qGAByfDp9pn4XhjkiQ

Apparently some people disapprove of the outfit.

JoeUser on
    edited July 2008
    JoeUser on
  • Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That's awesome. I was hoping they would do something like that for customs. Now to figure out what ones I want to do. :) I'm thinking maybe a Deadpool to start.

Worsel96 on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »
    So now there's a Black Canary Barbie:

y1pgShsIn0WqitmkjyLjeQli6qZ1h-WUbSA7twWe32_JbPLDpVu7ehafAg08qGAByfDp9pn4XhjkiQ

Apparently some people disapprove of the outfit.

Well, Black Canary's costume is one of the most tasteless super-heroine costumes out there. I mean, if you don't like it, don't buy it and all that, but I'm not surprised that certain people don't approve and are complaining.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tasteless? Because she's wearing fishnets?

Robos A Go Go on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tasteless becuase she dresses like a sin city character

DouglasDanger on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yet she's still more covered than fifty percent of female comic characters.

Mr Pink on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Yet she's still more covered than fifty percent of female comic characters.

True. And I also consider most of their costumes tasteless. Especially Starfire and Supergirl. I mean, come on.

Not that I don't like to look, but, seriously, how long had it been for the guys who designed those costumes?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    I guess I'm just surprised that they're making a Barbie version.

JoeUser on
    edited July 2008
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tasteless? Because she's wearing fishnets?

Well, if you're not looking at it as a comics angle, it looks like Barbie with more makeup, leather, fishnets and boots. I can't blame them for being taken aback, it's a pretty drastic change from the normal looking barbie.

Lux on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It cracks me up they are calling it the "S&M" Barbie.

smokmnky on
    edited July 2008
    Masochist my ass. Black Canary doesn't take shit from anyone.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Has anyone else seen the redesign of Titanium Man for the Iron Man movie figures? It looks awesome.

Mai-Kero on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2008
    I want that barbie so much

Garlic Bread on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What is up with the Mighty Muggs? I first saw them at the NYCC this year. They can only move their hands/head and don't have accessories, right? I saw a Venom one at CC and was so close to getting it. I am tempted to get the Indiana Jones idol, but am hesitant because it has arms. I might just buy a different one. Is this Iron Man supposed to be shiny? If so, that is boughted.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Reigner wrote: »
    Since the only things I get are Mighty Muggs, figured I'd post my newest find. Preordered these puppies off of BBTS.

HAS15677.jpg
    I'm in love with Thanos

Oh fuck yes! Doesn't look like Thanos has his Infinity Gauntlet on though... that would have been a nice touch.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Am I the only one that thinks these "Mighty Muggs" are pretty stupid looking?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think they are cool-looking. I like the style, but I can't afford any "fun" stuff right now.

DouglasDanger on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »

Yes. They are cheap, nice looking urban-styled versions of comic book characters and I love them for it.

Vann Diras on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ah yes, urban-styled

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm not a huge fan either. They're neat and all, but I wouldn't purchase them.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ah yes, urban-styled

Yes. Those are the particular words I used to describe the figures.

Vann Diras on
  • JengoJengo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

No, you are not. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of things people rave about in this thread. I just always figured it'd be kind of rude to rain on their parade and it'd be better to just let people enjoy what they like.

Jengo on
    3DS FC: 1977-1274-3558 Pokemon X ingame name: S3xy Vexy
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I've bought

moviemastersscarecrow.jpg

and
    the_dark_knight_movie_masters_joker.jpg

and the Batman Begins Batman

all 6 inch, but the Joker figure isn't yet in my possession, it's being shipped now. Scalpers hit those pretttty hard. I actually got one for a pretty good price, especially now since the prices have started to get higher now that everyone is seeing the movie and looking for the figures.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh man I need to get me some Joker figures or one of those expensive dolls. If I see one at San Diego Comic-Con it is sooooo bought.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I heard somewhere that those 'Movie Masters' figures (batman, Joker, and Clown Thug) got pulled from shelves for some reason, thus making them harder to get.

Mr Pink on
    edited July 2008
    Yep, that also happened. (for Wave 1 at least, which is TDK Batman, Joker, Joker Thug) There was never a clear explanation why. Everything from lead paint to, they're too scary has been rumored.

But now there's a Toys R Us exclusive two pack of TDK Batman and Joker that's slowly hitting stores now.

But there seems to be two different paint aps for the joker. One with smeared lipstick and an angrier eyes, and then one with cleaner lipstick and wide eyes, and he doesn't really look menacing. I'd like to get one and keep it as is, and then I'd also like to find an extra and see what I can do customizing. I'm fairly good at small paint jobs, but I wouldn't attempt it on a figure so hard to come by, unless I had two.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6039&extra=page%3D1

Fuck. I cannot wait to get mine. My boner for this toy knows no bounds. NONE.

Bobo on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2008
    fuuuck that is awesome

it's like $70 isn't it

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2008
    More like $170. At least mine was.

Bobo on
    edited July 2008
    daaaaamn

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2008
    If I win the lottery, I'll buy you one Keith, to serve as a constant reminder that dreams do come true and that benevolence is easy when you're stinking rich (like Batman).

Robos A Go Go on
    edited July 2008
    That one's face always looked a little too much like The Crow.

I'm not denying that it's awesome, because it is. It just looks a lot like The Crow.

I've also seen this posted, but the coat fabric is way too thick for the scale and just makes him look bulky and wrong

medicomjoker.jpg

Everything on the other one is perfect. I think it's the eyes that's making me think of The Crow though.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited July 2008
    That's Medicom's offering. I'm scared to do it to mine, but I think a little black around the eyes and a bolder red around his lips will make all the difference on the Hot Toys figure.

Bobo on
    edited July 2008
    Who makes the one you posted? Is that DC Directs?

I just managed to get the best 6inch Ledger Joker figure I think there was, and that was Mattel's Movie Masters. I was really hoping DC Direct would make a 6.75 inch Movie Joker though.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    keith, where's your new av and sig from?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dustin Nguyen does those little chibi watercolors. There's a few floating around.

Like so.

Munch on
This discussion has been closed.