As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disappearing quote lines

DynagripDynagrip Break me a million heartsHoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
I've seen this in a few instances. The BBcode looks correct, but for some reason only the word "Quote" shows up in normal text and there are no lines or spaces to separate the quote from the rest of the post.

Here's an example.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3447582#3447582

Dynagrip on

• Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    Yeah, that's the exact same one The Cat posted. Well done, Inspector bone daddy.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    My link is shorter.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2004
    I've seen the bug before but can't remember what causes it. I'm sure alpha will know.

denihilist on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2004
    Alpha and I were discussing some code changes relating to quotes and the destruction of page views. Some changes were made; perhaps this is related to those changes. I'll have to look at the underlying HTML to see if I can see what's wrong.

*edit*
    Figured it out. It looks like the blank quote tags aren't being parsed properly. Should be a simple fix, but we'll have to wait for Alpha to get on to fix it.

Good:
    The cow wrote:
    moo!
    [quote="The cow"]moo![/quote]

Bad:
    moo!
    [quote]moo![/quote]

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    Yeah, thats my fault. Sorry guys. We were fixing several bugs last night\this morning. I'll go fix it.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    redxranger wrote:
    interspace tøøthbrush

haaa you lying commies and your commie lies about non existant technology. Don't make me break out my quantum dental floss.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Annnnnnnnnd fixed. Hooray. Go alpha! Go alpha! It's your birthday!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Yeah, thats my fault. Sorry guys. We were fixing several bugs last night\this morning. I'll go fix it.

Bah. This one is my fault, not yours. I didn't submit a fix properly.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    I am so not taking credit for this fix. SeñorAmor was the brains behind the operation, I was just a monkey typing at a keyboard... an alphamonkey....

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    I am so not taking credit for this fix. SeñorAmor was the brains behind the operation, I was just a monkey typing at a keyboard... an alphamonkey....
    When are beta signups?[/badjoke]

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    JAEF wrote:

You're lucky alpha didn't make me a mod during his code changes or I'd have to threaten you with jailing.

I wouldn't actually do it, but, by God, how I would threaten you.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    So does someone have a picture of what this looked like, since the quotes in the links are back to normal?

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Blank quotes (ie, quotes w/out a username) just displayed "Quote" and the quote text.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    JAEF wrote:
    Beta signups are over. hehehe

I missed this error. Is it the blank quote thing Mr. Suave had in his sig for a while? Isn't that old?

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    JAEF wrote:
    Beta signups are over. hehehe

I missed this error. Is it the blank quote thing Mr. Suave had in his sig for a while? Isn't that old?
    Nope. The thin lines that are above and below quoted text weren't appearing for non-specified quotes (just
    quote tags)and didn't make the quoted text small. It's fixed now.

JAEF on