As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Regions Bank Pre-Employment Assessment: What to wear?

InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Short story: recent college graduate, trying to find a job (any job until I get one in my field) and I've put in an application to be a teller at Regions bank. There's a pre-employment assessment I have to go tomorrow. Regions's site has told me next to nothing about it other than where it is, but I've gleamed from the intertubes that it's basically some videos and a test I have to pass in order to be considered for an interview.

My question is what do I wear? It's in the main Regions building in my state and in the HR department, but it's not an official interview. I was thinking suit, but I asked my mom and she said I should probably go a little more casual with just khakis and a shirt and tie since it's not an actual interview. So H&A what should I wear? Has anyone else gone to one before? What did you wear?

Invisible on

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just texted a friend who works for Regions and he said he wore slacks and a shirt with a nice tie and shoes.

Shogun on
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When in doubt, dress up. Slacks, dress shirt and shoes, tie. You don't have to wear a suit coat but I personally can't think of a circumstance where dressing up nice (especially for a bank job) would be considered a bad thing.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Step 1: Go into Bank
    Step 2: Look at bank workers
    Step 3: Look at self

Does your outfit look similar to the workers?

If Yes: Smile, go to assessment
    If No: Go change and start at Step 1

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JebusUD wrote: »

Not necessarily true. It's almost always better to wear a tie to an interview even if you wouldn't have to wear one to the job every day. Like, I would suggest wearing a tie if you're applying to be a McDonald's fry cook. And what if you go into the bank on Hawaiian Shirt Day and see everyone wearing Hawaiian shirts? You certainly shouldn't show up to an interview or even a pre-interview wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • JNighthawkJNighthawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »

Not necessarily true. It's almost always better to wear a tie to an interview even if you wouldn't have to wear one to the job every day. Like, I would suggest wearing a tie if you're applying to be a McDonald's fry cook. And what if you go into the bank on Hawaiian Shirt Day and see everyone wearing Hawaiian shirts? You certainly shouldn't show up to an interview or even a pre-interview wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

One of the parting quotes from someone at the company I work for, when talking about someone else, said "He's the only person I know of that came into the interview wearing a tie and still got the job!"

It really, really depends on where you're interviewing at. A bank, though? That's tie material.

JNighthawk on
    Game programmer
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Regions staff generally wears business attire, jackets optional.

At least, that's what it's like whenever I go in.

Either really nice well fitting khakis or dress pants, and a dress shirt

Jasconius on
  • wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    White dress shirt with a tasteful tie, black slacks, black belt, black shoes. No jacket at all. An understated wrist watch (and a wedding band, if applicable) would be fine, otherwise avoid jewelry -- no tie clips, cuff links, rings, earrings, nothing like that. Get a haircut two days prior if possible, you'll want to be flawlessly groomed. Be polite, friendly, and amiable, but be on your toes -- regardless of what they're calling it, this is part of your interview. Think of it more as an audition than an assessment.

wasted pixels on
  • ahmassey1936@icloud.comahmassey1936@icloud.com Registered User new member
    I would wear a suit, nice shoes and look very professional.

• ahmassey1936@icloud.comahmassey1936@icloud.com Registered User new member
    I would dress very professional. I would wear a skirt, blouse, nice shoes and hair groomed I would have a smile on my face and speak very professional.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Something that can't be stressed is to make sure to iron your outfits.

Seen so many wrinkled dress shirts.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    This is from 2008, he's probably manager of the bank by now.

This discussion has been closed.