As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for October 2008

124»

• mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Rape rape rape
    Rape

Why?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's pretty useless just to say it's rape without explaining why.

mattharvest on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh I don't actually have anything to contribute to the discussion, I was just being a bastard

Sorry!

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There is nothing good about this discussion that makes your comment any less substantive.

Crimsondude on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Okay, Purple Man never physically touched Jessica Jones, but did make her want him to fuck her, especially while he fucked other women. He didn't rape her in the physical sense, but you could make an extremely convincing argument that he mentally raped her.

The whole Ms. Marvel thing is just hugely fucked up.

Fencingsax on
    edited July 2008
    Hopefully this look back will remind people that Carol had a stupendous pre-superhero career that makes her more recent status as a whiny cunt really annoying--rape and alcoholism aside.

Crimsondude on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    man what, she hasn't been a whiny cunt at all

unless you are talking before her solo series

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    Ms Marvel has been getting more facetime and more attention than ever before.

Bogart on
    edited July 2008
    I wasn't exactly thrilled with her solo series. In terms of dragging her up from wherever she was before Civil War it's had its moments. But I guess it's just a matter of this redemption or whatever taking forever until the SI tie-in when she pulled her shit together and kicked Skrull ass.

Crimsondude on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    'Killing' Puppet Master was pretty shocking too, I thought.

Wildcat on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Carol Danvers really should be Marvel's WW equivalent, but the only writers prior to HoM to get that were Shooter and Busiek.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    For a character whose backstory included pulling covert ops with Logan? Hardly.
    Carol Danvers really should be Marvel's WW equivalent, but the only writers prior to HoM to get that were Shooter and Busiek.

And Claremont.

Crimsondude on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Am I remembering wrong, or isn't Claremont responsible for the Danvers "My own child raped me to ensure his birth" rape storyline?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Am I remembering wrong, or isn't Claremont responsible for the Danvers "My own child raped me to ensure his birth" rape storyline?

You are remembering wrong, Claremont is the one who tried to clean up that mess.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    No. He was the one who had her dress down the other Avengers for thinking it was good for her.

JINX!

Crimsondude on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    For a character whose backstory included pulling covert ops with Logan? Hardly.

True, though given that she was shooting to be the 'best hero she could be' I thought it was a nice subversion of how er normally consider such 'paragons' to act.

Wildcat on
    edited July 2008
    with the exception of that one story with her dimension hopping villain from House of M, I have really really enjoyed the Ms. Marvel solo book

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    Well, I'm a big fan of killing villains.

I really wanted to like her book. I just couldn't. Maybe I was just expecting too much, or something else.

Crimsondude on