As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Google Ad Mishap

Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insaneDenver CORegistered User regular
Well, figured I'd put up a new topic to see if anyone has the problem.

Occasionally when I visit threads, the Google Ad up top will jump down and into the thread itself.

A screenshot looks like this. It is usually fixed hitting refresh, but just wondering if this happens for other people, too? Not sure why it happens, just seems weird.

I'm using Firefox 0.8.

Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
Dyrwen66 on

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    IE 6 SP2.. never seen that happen. Weird.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    That's happened once or twice while I was using Opera.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    ptlisptlis Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    I'm not sure if this's fix the problem but i'd seriously advocate updating to Firefox 0.10.1; there was a nasty bug found recently that nukes your default download directory (firefox's default on installation being your Desktop in windows, not cool). Also i've never had this problem in 0.9.3 , 0.10.0 or 0.10.1 afaik but i've also got adblock installed with a good custom filter so all google adsense iframes are blocked anyway now (I know it's the way some sites get revenue to stay running but adverts everywhere piss me off, gimmie a paypal icon and i'll donate a £5, more than you'd ever get from me for ad impressions anyway).

ptlis on
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.