As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UK Bargains Thread III: For Fuck's Sake Lewie Use The Right Thread

• HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This seems a good price.

Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) £10.99

http://www.gamingextreme.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=Unreal+Tournament+III+PC

Same place as Lewie's Lost Odyssey bargain.

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • prawnstar69prawnstar69 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just want to say, I hope you all have fun at Omega Sektor. I wish I could come, alas I am poor and working that day.

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm unsure if I'm able to make it yet (work commitments), however I shall be trying my hardest. I'll be up at Omega tomorrow so I'll scope out and double check the prices for you all, too.

Here's one for the memories of the days when the UK belonged to Sega;
    Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog DVD Box Set, £12.99 (Usually RRPs for over 20 quid, 8 discs, every episode)
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=652864

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ziggymon wrote: »
    You got a Gamecube? Just that version of Killer 7 is so much better than the PS2 one with the load times and all. The price is a little more, but if you can afford it go for it.

Yeah I wanted the gamecube version, I just can't find it anywhere. This PS2 version was actually the last one I could find :/
    Willeth wrote:
    Good shit, those pictures are massive. Turn them into links, not images, people get infracted for that 'round these parts.

Yeah, too late. I didn't know pictures in spoilers loaded anyways, so I figured it was okay.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There are almost always copies of Killer 7 for the Gamecube on eBay. I got one just the other week for about £17.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • oddmentoddment Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Since we're discussing Gamecube games... I'm getting a Gamecube for my birthday. I used to have one, but traded it in when the Wii came out.. however I subsequently had to get rid of the Wii. I still have a few GC games (all the RE games, plus PN03) and am going to be picking up Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again. So, what GC games should I check out, and what kind of prices would I be paying for them?

oddment on
    PSN Sig Hidden Within!*
    oddment84.png
    *Thanks Thanatos!
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    oddment wrote: »
    Since we're discussing Gamecube games... I'm getting a Gamecube for my birthday. I used to have one, but traded it in when the Wii came out.. however I subsequently had to get rid of the Wii. I still have a few GC games (all the RE games, plus PN03) and am going to be picking up Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again. So, what GC games should I check out, and what kind of prices would I be paying for them?

Check CEX (there 2 stores in manchester) these give the general prices the games go for around. If like everyone here is looking for bargains, check the gamestation seem to have a lot of overstock of some gamecube games at really, good prices.

look out for

Fire Emblem £18-20
    Beyond good and evil £15
    baten kaitos £18
    gotcha force £5

*edit* website check out prices http://www.cex.co.uk

Ziggymon on
  • HedwirezHedwirez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone know where I can find a cheap PS2? My old one died and I never did finish Shadow of the Colossus.

Not fussed if it is slimline or not but really do want one which is PS1 backwards compatible and I have no idea if the slimlines are.

Also what kind of bargains are we getting for PS3's now and are the PS1 or 2 compatible at all?

Edit: Also, where can I pick up a cheap copy of the game, never owned my own either.

Hedwirez on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hedwirez wrote: »
    really do want one which is PS1 backwards compatible and I have no idea if the slimlines are.

They are.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gamestation do PS2s for £40 (and they DID have a sign in the window for PS2s for £30).

As for SOTC, Lewiep usually posts a link to a cheap deal for it at least once a month :) THe newest deal has expired but keep your eye out.

PS3s in this country aren't PS2 compatible (but are PS1 compatible) unless you can find an old second hand 60gb model (I think)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • HedwirezHedwirez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Any chance PS3's will be backwards compatible in the future? I can quite happily postpone shelling out 3 or 4 hundred pounds on Metal Gear.

Hedwirez on
    edited July 2008
    Hedwirez wrote: »
    Any chance PS3's will be backwards compatible in the future? I can quite happily postpone shelling out 3 or 4 hundred pounds on Metal Gear.

I'm holding out hope that they will at some point, but it doesn't look promising. If money is no object, try tracking down a 60GB.

Willeth on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wonder what the cheapest you can find a 360 120gb HDD is?

I've realised my measly 20gb is just not enough space and I absolutely refuse to pay RRP for their larger version.

The_Scarab on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »

I've realised my measly 20gb is just not enough space and I absolutely refuse to pay RRP for their larger version.

I am in the exact same position.

Play had them a while back for £80, but alas, everywhere is £100+ now.

I'm going to hold out to see what happens when this rumoured 60Gig unit hits.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    May I ask what the cheapest deal for brawl at the moment might be?

SilkyNumNuts on
    edited July 2008
    Why oh why is Twilight Princess for the Gamecube so expensive? I really want it, but the cheapest I've seen it go for on ebay is £40, which is how much CEX sells it for. I don't suppose anyone knows anywhere else that has this, that is less than £40? I'm gonna assume that wishful thinking on my part though.

oddment on
    PSN Sig Hidden Within!*
    oddment84.png
    *Thanks Thanatos!
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »

I am in the exact same position.

Play had them a while back for £80, but alas, everywhere is £100+ now.

I'm going to hold out to see what happens when this rumoured 60Gig unit hits.

Yeah. Fuck £100+ for 120gigs when I could get a terabyte for less.

The_Scarab on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Why oh why is Twilight Princess for the Gamecube so expensive? I really want it, but the cheapest I've seen it go for on ebay is £40, which is how much CEX sells it for.
    People are hoarding it (myself included) because it got such a limited printing compared to the Wii version. I'd expect prices for it to only go up, second-hand-wise.

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    edited July 2008
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Why oh why is Twilight Princess for the Gamecube so expensive? I really want it, but the cheapest I've seen it go for on ebay is £40, which is how much CEX sells it for.
    People are hoarding it (myself included) because it got such a limited printing compared to the Wii version. I'd expect prices for it to only go up, second-hand-wise.

Honestly Ive seen hundreds of copies in shops and online. It has a smaller print run compared to the Wii version yes, but there was still loads around. The value of it is high because its the last Gamecube official release in PAL. And regarded in some peoples opinion better than the Wii version because of the controller etc.

Ziggymon on
  • Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    EDIT: Nvm

Muramasa18 on
  • major_tommajor_tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Honestly Ive seen hundreds of copies in shops and online. It has a smaller print run compared to the Wii version yes, but there was still loads around. The value of it is high because its the last Gamecube official release in PAL. And regarded in some peoples opinion better than the Wii version because of the controller etc.

Which is something i've never understood, since the Wii version has 480p and proper widescreen support. The controller argument I can kind of understand, but the game's so damn easy you could probably operate the controls with your feet and still make it to the end.
    guess who's bitter he sold his copy as soon as he got a wii

I'll echo the request for any decent brawl deals, if they're going.

Also, GAME seem to be selling the new Sega Rally for PS3 (maybe 360 too...) for about nine quid. Very worth it at that price, in my opinion.

major_tom on
    This is what i get for caring about gamercards...
    edited July 2008
    also lefthanded link fanboy whoooooo

Willeth on
    edited July 2008
    Game have both 360 and PS3 versions of Burnout Paradise and Army of Two for £14.99 preowned. some sort of Summer sale thing well worth a look.

Ziggymon on
    edited July 2008
    Game have both 360 and PS3 versions of Burnout Paradise and Army of Two for £14.99 preowned. some sort of Summer sale thing well worth a look.

Burnout Paradise is a steal at that price, especially since they just patched the game and added new cars and online modes for free. Seriously, this game is the tits.

Willeth on
    edited July 2008
    Well I do advise people to check the GAME sale on the pre-owned there are some good steals as such think the best are besides the Burnout and Army of Two.

Wii Trauma center :2nd opinion £12.99
    Wii Super Paper Mario £12.99

360 Condemned 2 £14.99

PS3 Dark Sector £14.99

all preowned.

And Check the new PS2 stock

Found

Ace combat zero at £7.99 new and The Red Star at £1.98

Ziggymon on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well I do advise people to check the GAME sale on the pre-owned there are some good steals as such think the best are besides the Burnout and Army of Two.

Wii Trauma center :2nd opinion £12.99
    Wii Super Paper Mario £12.99

360 Condemned 2 £14.99

PS3 Dark Sector £14.99

all preowned.

And Check the new PS2 stock

Found

Ace combat zero at £7.99 new and The Red Star at £1.98

Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Super Paper Mario are both great games, this is a fantastic deal for those who haven't gotten these games yet.

Also, I've got two 5 US$ discount coupons from Play-Asia, and I've got another coming in the mail, but nowhere soon will I have the money to order something from them again, so PM me if you want one.

Note: They expire beginning of September, and you have to spend at least 50 US$ to use it.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ghost Squad, Wii - £11.83 delivered
    Tomb Raider: Anniversary, PC - £4.99 delivered
    Eternal Sonata, Xbox 360 - £9.99 delivered
    Devil May Cry 4 Limited Edition, PS3 - £24.99 delivered
    Alone in the Dark - Collectors Edition, Xbox 360 - £29.99 delivered
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii - £24.99 delivered

Edit: Also, I am back!

LewieP on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP on
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Eternal Sonata, Xbox 360 - £8.99 delivered

Dammit, just bought that for £15 in the Play sale! Well worth it for that price.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Incidentally, I popped in CEX again, I thought it'd closed down actually, and there's some nice prices in there. I think it's all preowned, but AC for £12 on 360, DMC4 on 360 for £15 and Ps3 for £20.

Among other things. Worth a look if there's a branch near you.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Eternal Sonata, Xbox 360 - £8.99 delivered

Dammit, just bought that for £15 in the Play sale! Well worth it for that price.

And thats another RPG I just bought. I love all these cheap deals. Cheers man!

So this month I've got/getting:

Lost Odyssey
    Eternal Sonata
    Dead rising
    Soul Calibur 4

I'm so glad its the Uni hols :D

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Today I was in GAME and managed to pick up a Silver Gamecube with four controllers for £4.98.

:D

I also got a PSOne (the smaller model) with two controllers and a memory card for the same price. Very pleased with these purchases. I went in looking for more Cube controllers for Smash, and came out with 4 and two consoles for less than ONE of GAME's own brand controllers.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Today I was in GAME and managed to pick up a Silver Gamecube with four controllers for £4.98.

I also got a PSOne (the smaller model) with two controllers and a memory card for the same price. Very pleased with these purchases. I went in looking for more Cube controllers for Smash, and came out with 4 and two consoles for less than ONE of GAME's own brand controllers.

What?
    I'm buying a cube just for the controllers if my Game does that.

Xagarath on
    edited July 2008
    Anyone know the best deal for Soul Calibur 4?

It looks great and I'll get it for launch, just need the best price or included freebie.

I see Play.com has a free faceplate, so I'll prolly get it there, but I never end up using faceplates anyway so...

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »

What?
    I'm buying a cube just for the controllers if my Game does that.

QFT. I only have 1 working controller, and they work on the Wii too. I'll head out to GAME tomorrow and have a look.

Legba on
    edited July 2008
    I managed to get Twilight Princess at a decent price for Gamecube. Quite chuffed! £33 from eBay... when it usually sells for £40 and up. Have also got myself Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and also Luigis Mansion for the fun of it. Am looking to get myself Geist next, and probably SSB: Melee... though that also appears to be expensive.

Are there any other good multiplayer games on the GC? Is the GC Wario Ware game any good? Any other GC game suggestions, or places that still sell GC games at good prices?

oddment on
    PSN Sig Hidden Within!*
    oddment84.png
    *Thanks Thanatos!
  • OpiumOpium regular
    edited July 2008
    Are there any other good multiplayer games on the GC?
    Four Swords Adventures
    Donkey Konga
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Pikmin 2
    Soul Calibur II

Opium on
  • carbon13carbon13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I picked up SB:M from CEX- only £19.99 used. Didn't think it was overly expensive. They sell Twilight Princes for £40 though... Used.

carbon13 on
    First rule of Teacher Club: You don't touch the kids.
    Second rule of Teacher Club: You DO NOT touch the kids.
    edited July 2008
    Wouldn't I need 4 GBA's to play Four Swords multiplayer?

£19.99 isn't too bad I guess, but after spending £33 on Twilight Princess, I don't want to be spending a ton on other GC games.

Has anyone played Chibi Robo? Is that good? Is it easy to find still?

oddment on
    PSN Sig Hidden Within!*
    oddment84.png
    *Thanks Thanatos!
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Chibi Robo's insanely hard to find for under £30. I've been trying for a while

Xagarath on