As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FRUIT ON] Pineapple Fortress 2: Now with more magets

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My job as a spy went from hard to retardedly hard while the Medic and Pyro got easy with the Pyro becoming almost an "ez-mode" in big games.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    NERF PYROS

I'm sick of my profession being referred to as EZ

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It is fucking easy.

You can kill people up-close as fast as a heavy, have great mobility, and still have more health as a soldier.

Go fuck yourself.

Oh and if you get behind a team you get to do my job without worrying about dying because your melee only really does damage from behind and a pistol that I MAY kill one of the four people with.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't give a shit what people say Pyro is the most fun so that's what I play

^__________^

Lemming on
  • Options
    BrokenTripodBrokenTripod Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Apparently the entity that makes fire doesn't work in TF2. Why? I don't know. x.x

I CAN ignite people, but that does a certain amount of damage before it goes away, and it's not enough to take down...anything? Maybe a scout, but that's about it.

The fire from being ignited doesn't act like normal fire, either...

Zetx actually had the same idea, set the player on fire, drop them from a high spot. Medics do circumvent this. Blarg, this would be so much easier on TFC.

BrokenTripod on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't get what about the pyro changes made them any better against spies. It was always a pretty one sided affair.

And now that I think about it, the medic too. I think you're just whining.

theantipop on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It is fucking easy.

You can kill people up-close as fast as a heavy, have great mobility, and still have more health as a soldier.

Go fuck yourself.

Oh and if you get behind a team you get to do my job without worrying about dying because your melee only really does damage from behind and a pistol that I MAY kill one of the four people with.
    The whole point of the pyro is to close on people fast, kill them, and retreat.

Have you not noticed the pyro has no ranged power?

tofu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Have you noticed that the spy also has no ranged power?

And you seem to be forgetting about that stupid ass leafblower in countering ranged attacks from explosives, leaving only shotguns, sniper rounds, and a heavy minigun to worry about.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Have you noticed that the spy also has no ranged power?

And you seem to be forgetting about that stupid ass leafblower in countering ranged attacks from explosives, leaving only shotguns, sniper rounds, and a heavy minigun to worry about.

Umm... the revolver?

And airblasting takes good timing, eats up ammo, and means that the pyro doesn't have more health than a soldier.

I miss Tuftoo. :(

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I swear to God the next person who mentions the revolver to me as a reliable weapon to me is going to get smacked.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I swear to God the next person who mentions the revolver to me as a reliable weapon to me is going to get smacked.
    Smacked with what, Mr. I Ain't Got No Weapons?

Bama on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    the revolver is an awesome AND RELIABLE weapon when combined with a kritzkrieg

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    My sapper.

I'm not saying the spy doesn't have strong points, but an equal pyro player to a spy player will be far more disruptive and, generally, more useful.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Maybe you should learn how to play the pyro then.

The revolver is fine you must suck at it.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    pyro sux

revolver sux

antipop rox

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    more like antipoop

what do you have against poop?

tofu on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    zen just informed me that he is a huge wuss. i have quotes to prove it.

Angry on
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Stop playing the class. The revolver is more reliable than the knife dreams of being.

DualEdge on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I do but then people whine about no spies sapping the sentries.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    DualEdge wrote: »

Stop playing the class. The revolver is more reliable than the knife dreams of being.

zen is a good spy, though. probably better than you!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    speaking of spies, please never play spy again jakorian or i will be forced to gag you forever.

Angry on
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised since my I tend to consider myself to be a horrid spy. I don't think I ever seen him play the class.

DualEdge on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hey Angry.

I switched to your team when it was full of sandy vaginas.

@Edge: Then you've never played with me before in-game.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Apparently the entity that makes fire doesn't work in TF2. Why? I don't know. x.x

I CAN ignite people, but that does a certain amount of damage before it goes away, and it's not enough to take down...anything? Maybe a scout, but that's about it.

The fire from being ignited doesn't act like normal fire, either...

Zetx actually had the same idea, set the player on fire, drop them from a high spot. Medics do circumvent this. Blarg, this would be so much easier on TFC.

Can't you just make the class limit on anything but the Pyro 0?

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I wouldn't be surprised since my I tend to consider myself to be a horrid spy. I don't think I ever seen him play the class.

a horrible spy then probably has no place telling someone about how more reliable the revolver is than the knife, then

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm so glad they got rid of that shit of having that glowing ring when you teleport with a disguise, though.

Makes getting to the front line so much faster.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Lemming wrote: »

That's server-side, and while I might be able to figure out how to run commands through the map that go to the server, it might keep the class limits when the map changes.

Basically, we'd have to have a 100% pyro server, or an admin on to change the classlimits back at the end of the map.

Uh, so, yes, theoretically, but the server admin would have to do it. Or they'd have to help me a bit (I don't know what commands they do for changing class limits) and even if I found out the commands, there's a chance it won't work when the map runs the commands.

Right now I'm trying to make blocks that are breakable with fire. And then...Have those blocks respawn really fast.

I don't even know what I'm trying to do anymore. X.x

BrokenTripod on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

That's server-side, and while I might be able to figure out how to run commands through the map that go to the server, it might keep the class limits when the map changes.

Basically, we'd have to have a 100% pyro server, or an admin on to change the classlimits back at the end of the map.

Uh, so, yes, theoretically, but the server admin would have to do it. Or they'd have to help me a bit (I don't know what commands they do for changing class limits) and even if I found out the commands, there's a chance it won't work when the map runs the commands.

Right now I'm trying to make blocks that are breakable with fire. And then...Have those blocks respawn really fast.

I don't even know what I'm trying to do anymore. X.x

I do believe you can use filter entities to filter for class, so you could make an invisible wall on the spawn exits that only pyros can pass through.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Before the updates started, with 7 hours as a Spy, I found it essentially impossible to play. Getting double digits in points during an entire map was an accomplishment.

After the updates, with 10 hours as a Spy, I can hit middle of the scoreboard pretty easily.

Coincidence?

Mars on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I love LittleBoots I always hope he's on my team

Lemming on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Smacked with what, Mr. I Ain't Got No Weapons?
    hahahahaha

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I love LittleBoots I always hope he's on my team
    I hate LittleBoots they never fit on my feet quite right

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Mars wrote: »
    Before the updates started, with 7 hours as a Spy, I found it essentially impossible to play. Getting double digits in points during an entire map was an accomplishment.

After the updates, with 10 hours as a Spy, I can hit middle of the scoreboard pretty easily.

Coincidence?

We don't like your kind 'round here.

I think the fact that people think the pyro is overpowered now is a function of the increased number of pyros on the servers, rather than any ability or weapon Valve gave them.

tofu on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tofu wrote: »

Coincidence?

I think the fact that people think the pyro is overpowered now is a function of the increased number of pyros on the servers, rather than any ability or weapon Valve gave them.

So why are so many people playing pyro? I think people are seeing greater utility in the class so they're playing it more.

The puffer is extremely useful in a limited number of situations, but only if you're good with it. The 100% crits takes quite a bit less skill to utilize, and let's face it, you can be afk and still use the extra 50 health. They improved the class in a way that, when you're fighting someone of equal skill who doesn't have the weapon, you'll win every time. Is that not a buff?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I once...just once! killed a guy with the backburner by using the air blast and the shotgun and didn't take any damage.

It helped that he had a higher ping than me, didn't see me when I blew him away the first time, and...I'm sure the fact that it was my map helped.

Also, I need someone to help me test my map out, I'm not sure if this will work. I added quotation marks around something. Now I just need a server to try it out on. =D

Anyone know how to start their own listen server/know someone who has a server? (My router makes my servers odd...Sometimes people can get in, but 90% of the time no one can get in x.x)

BrokenTripod on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    a horrible spy then probably has no place telling someone about how more reliable the revolver is than the knife, then
    agreed. I remember way back when demomen's grenades would explode off bouncing, zen was raping faces as spy. Literally.

Nov-Jan straight nothing else, zen and I practiced spy nonstop together for a loonngg time. It was the only class i actually played at the time.

Saying that, only time I ever got any praise was annoying the fuck out of people with my knife backstabs, not the revolver.

Granted you can pull off some weird sniping abilities with the revolver sometimes, but when it comes down to it, it's only useful against fending pyros or finishing the job your backstab just missed and swiped him instead.

I love spy and will always adore it, I need to get back to my annoying roots.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »

Coincidence?

So why are so many people playing pyro? I think people are seeing greater utility in the class so they're playing it more.

The puffer is extremely useful in a limited number of situations, but only if you're good with it. The 100% crits takes quite a bit less skill to utilize, and let's face it, you can be afk and still use the extra 50 health. They improved the class in a way that, when you're fighting someone of equal skill who doesn't have the weapon, you'll win every time. Is that not a buff?

The airblast is extremely useful in almost every situation, but yes, only if you're good with it. Most people just play Pyro to suicide rush with the noobburner and that's okay, just so long as they don't start preaching about how the airblast isn't any good because they can't figure out how to use it :P

And yes, the BB is better for Pyro vs. Pyro, but flamethrower duels are dangerous anyway and better to avoid(which is easy with the airblast).

Zek on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    welp it's that time again!

shoot him first! vs. legion of BOOM

Tonight could be our last chance to stay in the www.cevo.com TF2 tournament, plus I'll be playing something besides medic so I won't have any excuses for getting owned. You guys prob don't wana miss this.

The match will be home field tonight, located at tiny's chowda server. Feel free to watch the fragging on our Source TV server, any support is greatly appreciated.

IP: 8.9.3.248:27020
    PW: pascrim08

The map will be cp_junction, quite possibly the worst idea ever. You guys WILL have to download the new version if you wish to watch, so I included a link fo yo ass.

Message me if you guys need any details/questions. Thanks again D:

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    agreed. I remember way back when demomen's grenades would explode off bouncing, zen was raping faces as spy. Literally.

Nov-Jan straight nothing else, zen and I practiced spy nonstop together for a loonngg time. It was the only class i actually played at the time.

Saying that, only time I ever got any praise was annoying the fuck out of people with my knife backstabs, not the revolver.

Granted you can pull off some weird sniping abilities with the revolver sometimes, but when it comes down to it, it's only useful against fending pyros or finishing the job your backstab just missed and swiped him instead.

I love spy and will always adore it, I need to get back to my annoying roots.

I miss being excellent at Spy. I use to top the charts, and I can occasionally now, but fuck if it isn't difficult with these pyros.

Sueve on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sueve wrote: »
    I miss being excellent at Spy. I use to top the charts, and I can occasionally now, but fuck if it isn't difficult with these pyros.
    I remember you as spy, quite skilled too, pissed me off more than a few times I know that.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png