As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[phalla]-PHaLLa Frontier 2- FINAL-Eggs are delicious

• ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm with you on the reveal, B:L

which is strange, because I never agree with you about stuff

which must mean you're the shady one.

Obbi on
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well as long as you guys aren't the guardian/seer I'm okay with you not trusting me :P

iamtheaznman on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Obbi wrote: »

*kicks Obbi*

Quiet you.

The thing is, Gustave's army uses steel, which is highly resistant to anima magic. That means both armor...and swords.

FWD said that he uses poison, primarily. That doesn't sound very anima'ish at all. By all rights, you should've been poisoned to death, aznman.

Any ideas as to what happened?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited July 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »

*kicks Obbi*

Quiet you.

The thing is, Gustave's army uses steel, which is highly resistant to anima magic. That means both armor...and swords.

FWD said that he uses poison, primarily. That doesn't sound very anima'ish at all. By all rights, you should've been poisoned to death, aznman.

Any ideas as to what happened?

From Frosteey's not so clear post and from the narration, it says he was killed before he reached his target (me). I assume non kills go first, then the assassins, then vote/mafia/vig.

iamtheaznman on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Don't take narration as meaning anything unless I specifically state otherwise.

Frosteey on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This game definitely lives up to SF2's tradition as being quite confusing.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What's there to understand. I'm still alive therefore I'm winning

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OK, if B:L and Obbi agree that it means we're all doomed.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    In that there aren't many leads to follow. Or maybe I'm just not searching well enough.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'd be inclined to agree with Azn here and think someone else saved him by killing FWD. I mean, steel armor? Anima? I'd be impressed if he came up with something that cohesive on Day 1.

Seriously, does anyone besides Frosteey have more than a vague notion of what this is about? I've seen the game played, but that's about it.

Sheep Have Wool on
    edited July 2008
    If this is anything like the source material, don't expect anything to make a lot of sense.

The game goes through a few decades in a few hours.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    But this game goes through a few hours over several decades.

Frosteey on
    edited July 2008
    I'd be inclined to agree with Azn here and think someone else saved him by killing FWD. I mean, steel armor? Anima? I'd be impressed if he came up with something that cohesive on Day 1.

Seriously, does anyone besides Frosteey have more than a vague notion of what this is about? I've seen the game played, but that's about it.

The Scorpion Organization are a group of assassins. They're the ones who kicked Ardor.

Johan (FWD) is a former assassin of that organization, who left it to join Gustave. From what I could tell, it was not a nice leaving.

The thing that throws me off is that FWD was killed by an assassin. Now, why would there be a separate assassin kill from the assassin organization Scorpion?

My best guess is that FWD got BUS DRIVER'd into kicking himself off. A DA-calibur feat.

• cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I really doubt aznman could have been saved by merit of FWD dying before he could get his kill off. Mechanics preventing kills from going off due to their perpetrators dying the same turn are silly, and Frosteey isn't silly. Or at least, not in that respect.

I believe that either aznman was guarded or that he was immune to FWD's attack. Bus drivering, I suppose, is also an option, but I'm less inclined to think that happened due to the massive coincidence it would require.

cheez on
  • Institutional PederastyInstitutional Pederasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    so is aznman's reveal real or fake?

Institutional Pederasty on
    edited July 2008
    Real.

iamtheaznman on
    edited July 2008
    Good thing someone confirmed that

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Institutional PederastyInstitutional Pederasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just what I was thinking Monkey.

Institutional Pederasty on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there anyway to prove yourself azn? I figure you will get seered but how do we trust you if you are seered, you could make it up as well.

I'm not trying to throw doubt in this but if your only power is to be extra hard to kill then that doesn't really help us out here in proving yourself because once seered the seer can't just be all "Hey guys he's cool!" 8-)

I'm sure if you are seered as evil they would say something but it does give you an extra day of survival is all.

M.D. on
    edited July 2008
    Is there anyway to prove yourself azn? I figure you will get seered but how do we trust you if you are seered, you could make it up as well.

I'm not trying to throw doubt in this but if your only power is to be extra hard to kill then that doesn't really help us out here in proving yourself because once seered the seer can't just be all "Hey guys he's cool!" 8-)

I'm sure if you are seered as evil they would say something but it does give you an extra day of survival is all.

No there isn't a way to prove myself. It's better that I'm outted then a guardian or a seer or something useful. I should be resistant to kills even if a gaurdian messes up (but its resistant not immune, so I'd appreciate one). I guess you will just have to take my word. There also happens to be another Steely Character who has contacted me, and if he would like to reveal after vote close to confirm, then that's his perogative.

iamtheaznman on
    edited July 2008
    I was just saying it is going to be hard for most folks to trust you.

M.D. on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I vote !Mr. D. His arguing against trusting someone who has outed themselves has merits, but it is exactly the argument a bad guy would make.

Thetheroo on
    edited July 2008
    I do trust aznman as I have worked with him before.

I was in a similar situation in the viral phalla and people were iffy on trusting me as well, so I pointed it out.

M.D. on
    edited July 2008

No there isn't a way to prove myself. It's better that I'm outted then a guardian or a seer or something useful. I should be resistant to kills even if a gaurdian messes up (but its resistant not immune, so I'd appreciate one). I guess you will just have to take my word. There also happens to be another Steely Character who has contacted me, and if he would like to reveal after vote close to confirm, then that's his perogative.

I don't remember any Steely characters in SaGa...

Anywho, let's !Kick Thetheroo. A baddie wouldn't be so obvious as to publically go against an outed "special", whether legit or not.

Thetheroo's vote is exactly the argument a bad guy would make.

edited July 2008
    All I know about this game is that people on my team are being voted for and I don't think I want that so

!B:L

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited July 2008
    !Monkeyfeet, because that seems like it would be a fine "I'll go along with my baddie superiors" reason.

Sheep Have Wool on
    edited July 2008
    Aww snap

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Tentative vote for !kuhlmeye, since he's the Frosty Mug leader of sorts.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    For now, I'm going to say !Monkeyfeet too.

Wildcat on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm saying some thing is wrong with Wildcat for trying to start a wagon.

Toxic Toys on
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I second the Wildcat vote too, its posts like that which start bandwagons and bad guys like those

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
    edited July 2008
    If Wildcat dies to the vote and is good, I suggest we take a long look at Toxic/Mole/Monkeyfeet.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That might be a good idea.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    !vote CJ Iwakura for death.

Obbi on
    edited July 2008
    Obbi, I see why people always kill you day one. That's scary.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • NionNion Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    !Monkeyfeet, 'cause making the village go to war against itself is probably the most effective bad guy strategy there is.

Nion on
    edited July 2008
    If Wildcat dies to the vote and is good, I suggest we take a long look at Toxic/Mole/Monkeyfeet.

I didn't even vote for the guy. You were the one starting a vote on me.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited July 2008
    You can look at me all you want, all you'll see is a frosty mug.

Toxic Toys on
    edited July 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    I didn't even vote for the guy. You were the one starting a vote on me.

Yes, and Toxic and Moleface came to your rescue soon after by voting Wildcat. If he dies a villager, you'll all be suspect. And unless you know something we don't, there's no reason for there to be fighting between the village "teams."

Sheep Have Wool on
    edited July 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    You can look at me all you want, all you'll see is a frosty mug.

Are you filled with delicious, delicious beer?

Sheep Have Wool on