As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Like a thing unto iron!

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Didn't they mention Wu last issue, when Danny realized that 33 was a Significant Number?

Fencingsax on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I mean really
    We're arguing over whether or not they told us something
    And they did
    They told us that Orson is the only one to make it longer than 33
    So why we're entertaining the idea that someone else did, too, after he checked the book and was like "Fuck", I don't know

Me Too! on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wiggin

I am agreeing with you

why am I agreeing with you

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Because I'm right about Iron Fist
    See: "Guys I'm telling you, when he turns 33..."

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    yeah but

you are wiggin

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2008
    These are the things I know:
    Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, and Power Rangers
    When I say something about those things, accept it
    I'm gonna be right

Me Too! on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That is not a list to be proud of.

Power Rangers.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Man I grew up in the 90s OK
    I didn't stand a chance

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Are you also an expert on the 90s animated X-Men? Can you tell us about Gambit? Or Morph?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Nope
    90s Spider-Man, I can tell you about
    Also the Iron Man and Fantastic Four cartoons, both versions of each, though not quite as well as Spidey

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Spidey was pretty bad though

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited July 2008
    It had a clone saga even worse then the original Clone Saga.

Dareth Ram on
    edited July 2008
    I liked 90s Spidey
    It was dumb
    But entertaining

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    it had some good moments

but not many

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I watched alot of the 90's Spider-Man and enjoyed it but spent most of my time watching for errors or differences from the comic.

X-men rocked out with it's cock out. And that is a fact.

Caveman Paws on
    edited July 2008
    I mean I wasn't reading comics at the time, I was maybe 9 years old
    And it was my first introduction to Spidey
    So yeah I enjoyed the hell out of it

Me Too! on
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    The only thing bugging me is the whole dying at 33 thing since Wu Ao Shi didn't seem to die, and we know for a fact Bei Bang Wen didn't die, so that means -3- and not 1 have escaped this so called "fate"......that we know of so far.
    And yet people have been saying his Cable is so decompressed it could give you the bends.
    Cable is -painful- and I fear that Deadpool will suffer the same fate without Fabian behind the wheel

But they didn't say they were thirty-three when those stories happened
    Hell, Wu could have had kids when she was 21, so don't try using the kids as proof of age
    So no, Orson is the only one that has escaped

Wrong. Bei Bang Wen lived past 33, he may have got around it by people believing he's dead after the battle, but the thing responsible for killing him should have been able to track his Chi from the dragon until he gave it back. Fact is it never came for him. So even if Wu is debatable, Ben beat the system.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2008
    ogre.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Show me the page where it says he made it to 34 and I'll concede defeat
    But seriously this is retarded
    Danny says one guy made it. One. Now, we know that Orson fought in WWII
    Pretty sure he's the one guy
    Pretty sure the Book of the Iron Fist isn't lying to Danny

Me Too! on
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited July 2008
    I believe for all intents and purposes, Bei Bang Wen is considered dead even though he's alive? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned 33 when he surrendered the chi back to Shun Lao and went off to do his scholarly stuff.

Dareth Ram on
    edited July 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Show me the page where it says he made it to 34 and I'll concede defeat
    But seriously this is retarded
    Danny says one guy made it. One. Now, we know that Orson fought in WWII
    Pretty sure he's the one guy
    Pretty sure the Book of the Iron Fist isn't lying to Danny

~Rubs his temples~ Ok......let's try this......if Orson is the only one who escaped, why? He had the power well past 33, and technically there wasn't another Fist until Danny. So if it goes after people with the the power, Bei Bang Wen gave back the power and lived. If it goes after people with the title and Orson was stripped of his title, then that is how Orson survived, but Wen still didn't die because he gave back the title before 33.

If it kills anyone who was ever the Iron Fist regardless of power or title, then why did Orson get off the hook when John fucking Aman found him and could have killed him 3 times over. If Aman could find him, then this mysterious force that seems to have the sole purpose of killing Fists at 33 should have found him even easier then Aman did.

I'm just saying it doesn't amtch up and possibly Danny didn't read the book thoroughly. The last page with the scribe does say that Wen was recorded dead in that big battle, so maybe the rest of his story wasn't in the book beyond that point. My point is the big bad Iron fist killer never even touched him, and if he "died" on the battlefield and he was 33, he was well past 33 by the time he returned home to give up the power. Either way Danny is mistaken.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2008
    Your point is we've only seen the killer go after the dude in the old west and Danny
    So "he never went after Bei" is a stupid thing to say, we never saw that
    Most likely because they didn't want to give away the next arc

Or, he "died" when he was in his 20s and the guy didn't come after him until he was 33
    Basically all your points are moot because they only showed us brief snippets of the previous Fists' lives

And we don't know why Orson survived, pretty sure that has something to do with the new Orson Special coming out this fall

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    I'm looking at the last page of Bei Bang Wen's story and it says -

"Using his perfect mind strategy once more, Bei Bang Wen determined the way to victory."

"Vivatama Visvajit would adopt the role of his beloved emperor, Bahadur Shah Zafar II, and thus would his subjects have a thing to believe in." "A hero to fight for."

"Bei Himself would return to the glorious city of his birth" "He could not atone to the dead, but he could rejoin the world of the living."

"He relinquished his powers -- The Chi of Shou-Lao, the mystical force that made him the Iron fist -- back to K'un-Lun." "And so the Cycle of the Iron fist could begin again."

"He had a wife, and together they had a family of thirteen sons." "That he died in the mud and the blood at the Forts of Taku remains an essential part of his immortal legend."

The end.

He was the Iron Fist from 1827-1860. 33 Years. He "died" at Taku in 1860. Then he was taken prisoner, and had his adventures where he regained his power. Then he went home. Who knows how long that took. He then courted and married a wife that took maybe a year, let's say for your sake a month. He had THIRTEEN sons. So scoring around the clock one right after the other took roughly 9 and 3/4 years.

Either way he's at least 43 by the time of his thirteenth son. The Iron Fist curse never touched him.

You don't know a damn thing. I won an argument on the Internet, and I died a little on the inside.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2008
    Or you're being a stupid shit arguing something that's probably going to be explained for real
    And not just by a stupid shit
    In an upcoming issue

Since we have been told that ONE OUT OF SIXTY FUCKING SIX IRON FISTS HAS LIVED
    Jesus Christ

Me Too! on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    it says he gave up the powers before having a wife and stuff so, uh, i dunno man

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Listen
    I am the guy who called Danny dying at 33
    Nobody wanted to listen, and yet look at what's happening
    Give me the benefit of the doubt on this one
    There's more to Bei than what we know

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Congratulations on being able to read the solicitations and then post about it before anyone else could, wiggins.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    wiggen, western society
    has invented the period
    for a reason
    it is to separate sentences
    from each other

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Congratulations on being able to read the solicitations and then post about it before anyone else could, wiggins.

Called it way before the birthday issue was solicited
    Waaaay before
    Like, during The Last Iron Fist Story, I said "Guys he dies at 33."

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    I need proof.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Oh, in other news, THE WIRE is fucking fantastic. I wish someone had told me about this show a few years ago - I just spent the last six days watching 60+ hours of it.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Honestly, I tried finding proof when the birthday solicit went up and couldn't
    I have no idea why, unless it's because I posted it in MotW threads and I only searched this one
    But I remember everyone going "No you're wrong that's dumb"
    And then when the birthday issue came out, I made the MotW thread with the "I told you so" OP

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Oh, in other news, THE WIRE is fucking fantastic. I wish someone had told me about this show a few years ago - I just spent the last six days watching 60+ hours of it.

okay serious spoilers folks but hey when
    wallace gets shot in the first season
    it's a fucking heartbreaker

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Servo wrote: »

okay serious spoilers folks but hey when
    wallace gets shot in the first season
    it's a fucking heartbreaker

I only watched it a couple of times but man
    When the kid living with the homeless dude
    Shot up and died
    I was like "Well shit that's depressing"

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    There is so much depressing, fucked-up shit in the THE WIRE, it's like I'm watching a live action Brubaker show. The character arc that McNulty goes thru throughout the five seasons is fucking incredible.

Uh....can I make a THE WIRE thread?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    sorry not in this forum. if there was a comic about it, totally.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Maybe I can work up a semi-coherent OP for THE WIRE, and then I'll post it in D&D.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2008
    you might want to check and see if they already have a wire thread, really.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Just make your OP something like:

HOLY SHIT THE WIRE IS GREAT. HOW GREAT? GOOD QUESTION
    IT'S BETTER THAN A THAI HOOKER ON DOLLAR NIGHT
    IT'S THAT GOOD

That'll work fine

Me Too! on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2008