As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

headset mic on the fritz

tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
lately whenever I try to talk on Ventrilo the only thing people can hear from me is static. I have tried using different headsets but the results are always the same. franly I have no clue what to do

FqmsaJ6.png
tsplitter on

• racyrefinedrajracyrefinedraj Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    have you tried opening up sound recorder in windows to see if its the mic?

racyrefinedraj on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Do you also have TS open at the same time? I used to find that the combo of TS and Vent would give me static on one or another.

Thomamelas on
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i tried running a recorder, but i would just get the same result

i do not have TS

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is it static when you speak, or is it a constant, unchanging static?

Are your recording options set to record from Microphone? If so, is your mic set for MAXIMUM volume (Mic boost enabled?). If so, you should try adjusting the input volume of your mic. One of my computers can record a "what you hear" kind of thing, but if the volume slider is anything more than one notch above nothing it records distorted garbage (and I mean notch, as in all the way down and press the up arrow key once).

If all that fails, it could be your sound card/microphone port, in which case you'd need to replace the hardware.

Locust76 on
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i officially give up. messing with the volume doesnt do anything. It really shouldnt because I didnt change anything before it stopped working. I have even reinstalled Ventrilo to see if that would help. It worked fine one day, then just stopped working the next

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png