As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] Making moar monsters! OP updated 24/7/08

124»

• Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Nah, they were reptilian humanoids.

The ones in the MM are creatures made of actual stone.

I think I'll change them from elemental creatures to fey creatures to make them a completely distinct species.

Being from the Feywild would work pretty well with the whole Avalon theme from the cartoon.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    One more for the movie pack:Dire Raptor Matriarch Level 7 Elite Skirmisher
    Large Natural Beast 600XP
    [snip]

Very cool, but I truly believe that you should change the name from Coordinated Attack to "Clever Girl".

I mean, come on! :p

Please don't ever believe I didn't consider it, especially as that scene was the direct inspiration for the ability, but it felt kinda forced compared to the other dudes in the MM. Feel free to rename the ability if you use her in your games though....

@Hexmage-PA: Thanks, I'll look at that when I next get a moment.

This is just begging for an adventure set in a magical zoo.

Just imagine an old, weathered looking dwarf carrying a rifle speaking.

"They're extremely intelligent. Especially the big female. They've been testing the magical wards..."

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I will put up some more beasties (playtested ones at that) a bit later. I'm going to change the name of the necroshar as well to Nemo :p

Original post updated.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate to be a pain, but a bunch of your new links don't go to the right posts.
    Also, you are expending unnecessary effort to get full urls for individual posts. Behold the secret power of the [noparse][post][/noparse] tag:

[noparse][post=6076379]Level 7 Elite Skirmisher (L)[/post][/noparse] becomes [post=6076379]Level 7 Elite Skirmisher (L)[/post]

(post numbers are hidden behind a bunch of the icons within a post, most notably the quote and report buttons)

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Which ones are wrong? I know there were a few that drove me absolutely stupid because they refused to go to the right place no matter how much poking they received.

Ok, I fixed them.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    This creature I'm proud to say is the first solo I've created that genuinely challenged a party (especially the release infestation ability).

It should be well noted it's EL 7 (1500 XP) and is designed with this in mind, so it challenges a party of level 4 or 5 very well. The beetles are for making combat advantage and giving the varghulf opportunies for flanking and generally being completely annoying. After my next playtest with it, I might be tempted to drop the swarms level to 1 to reduce the EL of the encounter.

Initial playtest of this monster went extremely well with level 4 PCs. They got genuinely caught out by the creatures ability to make doods to help and for once they didn't view a solo type creature (which he technically really isn't) as free XP.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How's this look? It doesn't do much damage, but it can stun PCs like crazy. It's not the sort of monster you want to throw at your party often.

RedKid.jpg

"A Red Kid is a malicious fey that serves as an omen for impending disaster. Though it looks like nothing more than a young human boy, paying too much attention to a Red Kid can generate feelings of uneasiness, or even outright terror. A Red Kid loves nothing more than to appear suddenly, terrorize as many as possible, and vanish without a trace."

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Shouldn't Terrifying Glamor have the stun end on save or at the end of the player's next turn? I don't have the MM handy, but it seems like stun effects would be similar to sleep.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Shouldn't Terrifying Glamor have the stun end on save or at the end of the player's next turn? I don't have the MM handy, but it seems like stun effects would be similar to sleep.

No. There are numerous stun effects that end on the creatures next turn and not the players.

Edit: Examine the Succubus dominate ability for example (Pg 67 of the MM).

Aegeri on