As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMO Burn out-> so I need a new game

TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
I've been an avid FFXI player for about 4 1/2 years now, and I've finally gotten fed up with the game. It's not the grind, or the mechanics, it's just the missed opportunities SE has missed with adding abilities and fixing the game.

Anyway: I'm here to ask you guys if you know any MMOs that I could migrate to that are at least a bit similar to FFXI. I'm more interested in a game with a good combat system that isn't all about spaming your hot keys and waiting on their cool downs. I played wow for a while, and it just didn't feel like I was eing very tactical. I played dofus for a small time, and I enjoyed it, but it just got too slow for me.

Anyway: If you guys have any ideas, I'd be grateful.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
FFXIV: Tchel Fay
Nintendo ID: Tortalius
Steam: Tortalius
Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
Tcheldor on

• eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    MMOS?

Screw those.

You should do something that matters to the world.

of Warcraft.

No seriously get it and start leveling now, by the time you hit 70 the expansion will hit and you'll be on equal footing with the other 10 million schlubs.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    City of Heros/Villains is always a game I will reccomend to anyone, if even just for the character creation.

Unknown User on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Do you still want a fantasy setting? Try EQ2 or Guild Wars or LOTRO. GW in particular would scratch your itch for more tactical play, though it's going to be mostly solo with AI party members. I'm liking EQ2 a lot at the moment, and it's also the game that got me to play a healer again after FFXI totally destroyed my desire to play that role.

Casual play with entirely different mechanics and setting? City of Heroes. It's just fun.

Don't know what you want? Download a bunch of trials and see what you like.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Probably one of the best combat systems in any MMO I've played for a long time was City of Heroes. It's centered around small groups of people controlling, fighting, and managing fights with very large groups of enemies (7-20!).

There is a lot to manage, it's very fast paced, and there's no auto-attack. You're always doing something and moving around. The larger battles are definitely one of the selling points of the game.

The only problem was that Cryptic spent so long programming the fighting system they almost forgot the rest of the game. But that was a long time ago and I've heard that they've fixed a lot of the lull from 14-25ish. Maybe added some actual content. I enjoyed my time there very much and don't consider it wasted, but I simply wanted a little more.

zanetheinsane on
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    EVE if you have patcience, since it can be just as brutal and defeatist as FF11 was to me.

Check out Atlantica.ndoorsgames.com they just finishes closed beta, open beta is going open this next month, guessing in 2 weeks give or take a week. Its a bit of FF:Tactics in that you build a group of 9 units, and then like Ogre battle where said units battle other units. God I'm awful with the explanation, but generally its a decent game, pvp is good since they have tournaments everyday for prizes, and even in the closed beta a decent amount of classes were included to have alot of varied strategies.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • OronisOronis Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you want to give WOW a shot, PM me with your email and I'll shoot you the trial invite.

The trial has alot of social limits (cant send tells, trade or mail I think)

However it should give you the basic idea on how the gameplay feels

Oronis on
    CoX: @Robotjustice
    XLive: Oronis
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Two people have recommended WoW despite the fact Tcheldor mentioned he tried WoW and didn't like it in his post? :?

As another former FFXI vet I've been greatly enjoying my time in CoH, however its pretty unlike FFXI in exact gameplay, but there are definitely some tactical options amidst the craziness of the combat. Very apples and oranges though.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    World of Warcraft is a great game if you're burnt out of FFXI Online.

Yes, he may have TRIED it, but he didn't play it. The first few levels are going to insanely boring. My lord, I felt like bashing my skull in while I was leveling in a zone like Desolace or Stranglethorn Vale, but you know what I was reminded of?

AT LEAST THERE ARE QUESTS TO DO.

At least I can make a decent amount of money to support my character, if not two main professions and multiple secondary professions.

I can level up without sitting in Jeuno for six fucking hours(Well, once I rolled a BLM and pounded the shit out of the competition, meaning made my own parties, I hardly spent an hour in Jeuno against my free will, but neverthless).

Seriously, suck it up, get a character to 70. Pretend there are Goblin Smithys waiting to fuck you up the ass if you don't pay attention. Get into a raiding guild and have fun trying to stay out of the doom fire.

TheSkyIsBurning on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I tried FFXI just a little bit so I don't know to much about what your taste are exactly.

From my understand its a lot of group grinding. From what I hear with my friends, so if you are looking for similar I would say maybe go with EQ2 or maybe Horizons. I hear Horizons is a pretty awesome game with a good community though a bit small. But it reminds me the most of the FFXI.

For something different I would say LotRO, I like the game a lot but this computer plays it pretty poorly so I never can get really into it. That game is as much about the pretty as it is the game play to me.

For something completely different do CoX. I played CoX a bit before I moved to Japan. I enjoyed it but didn't feel it was really the game for me so I canceled after my first free month. It is a neat idea, the battle system is really unique and it is a lot of fun to knock people into the air with the graphics. Also the grouping system is interesting and it has a pretty good community from what I hear too. Personally the game though is all about the character creation, hands down the best in any game ever made.

Last, I will recommend WoW. I like WoW, its fun. It has enough varied classes to keep me interested. If you find a guild that matches your personality, be it raiding, friends/family style, rp, pvp, a mix of those or the massive I am as big as the server style then so bit. WoW also for its aging engine looks pretty good. The colors in Azeroth are vibrant and there are lot of neat areas to explore if you have not played it all before and there are more people in the lower levels be they alts or mains so you can find groups for the lower level instances, too.

In general, shop around and use the free trials to give the ones that interest you a try. Maybe if you can get your hands on a code or such try something like Tabula Rasa or one of the more obscure games. And you could always take an MMO break, go play some single player games for a bit. There are lot of really good ones out there.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Yes, he may have TRIED it, but he didn't play it. The first few levels are going to insanely boring. My lord, I felt like bashing my skull in while I was leveling in a zone like Desolace or Stranglethorn Vale, but you know what I was reminded of?

At least I can make a decent amount of money to support my character, if not two main professions and multiple secondary professions.

I can level up without sitting in Jeuno for six fucking hours(Well, once I rolled a BLM and pounded the shit out of the competition, meaning made my own parties, I hardly spent an hour in Jeuno against my free will, but neverthless).

Seriously, suck it up, get a character to 70. Pretend there are Goblin Smithys waiting to fuck you up the ass if you don't pay attention. Get into a raiding guild and have fun trying to stay out of the doom fire.

See those parts in bold, they always come up and I'll never get why they do. If you don't enjoy a game within a decent time frame why would you slog your way through a few months of doing shit you don't enjoy in the hopes that at the end of it all it might be fun, when you could play something that's fun right the fuck now? And yes, I only got to level 20 in wow because that's exactly what I did.

Anyways if your after a change of pace my recommendation goes to CoH/V as well. Good for some fun and you never feel bad going to another mmo when you're bored of it. Also after having to put up with the most restrictive group system in the mmo landscape, I'm sure it'll be fun to play a game that says fuck it - you can team with whoever (for the most part.)

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • RosspringRosspring Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Try Vanguard, It is fun from the get go, and cheap to pickup.

Rosspring on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Buy a Console and play console games...?
    That's the reason why I am no playing any MMOs, cos I got far too many games waiting on my consoles waiting for me to play them...

*owns Wii, 360, PS3, PSP, NDS, PC...

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    Hullabaloo wrote: »
    See those parts in bold, they always come up and I'll never get why they do. If you don't enjoy a game within a decent time frame why would you slog your way through a few months of doing shit you don't enjoy in the hopes that at the end of it all it might be fun, when you could play something that's fun right the fuck now? And yes, I only got to level 20 in wow because that's exactly what I did.

All MMORPGs are going to be boring and repetitive, very few of them add new gameplay options to the genre. It's one of the more depressing parts of being a MMORPG gamer, it's the same old thing rehashed.

Now, in comparison, FFXI Online is vastly different than World of Warcraft. For one it is turn-based, and two it has no quests. You play FFXI Online because it appears you need tactics in order to progress. In reality, you make macros of spells and then hit them repeatedly. The only difference between that and World of Warcraft's hot bars/action bars are that WoW has given the spells little graphics and a space to put them on the screen.

Oh, and then there are the quests, the quest rewards, the fact that WoW actually gives you in-game cash for your hard work, much unlike FFXI Online. Well, wait, I think you get some minimal cash for going up a rank in FFXI Online, isn't it like 100,000 gil at Rank 10? Yippee!

So therefore, giving WoW another chance would probably be Tcheldor's best interests if you ask me. CoH/V is flashy and all but that's it, what do you do when you get the max level? Make another character? Seriously.

TheSkyIsBurning on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Now, in comparison, FFXI Online is vastly different than World of Warcraft. For one it is turn-based, and two it has no quests. You play FFXI Online because it appears you need tactics in order to progress. In reality, you make macros of spells and then hit them repeatedly. The only difference between that and World of Warcraft's hot bars/action bars are that WoW has given the spells little graphics and a space to put them on the screen.

You and I clearly had different experiences of FFXI. Like, I'm not sure we were playing the same game.

Granted I didn't play it to a super high level, but this just seems...inaccurate.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • SabinXLSabinXL Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I fervently disagree with the majority of this post.

WoW is set in a fantastic universe - if it's your first time playing there's a ton to see and plenty of things to do. What's unfortunate is that, while you *can* solo your way to the level cap, it's most certainly not the most fun way to do so.

He said he tried and didn't like WoW too much, so this is a bit of a moot point, but if you don't like the game, don't play. Telling someone to rush through content they've NEVER SEEN before to grind your ass off at the level cap... for what? To play with asshats in raids for gear that's going to be all for naught when the xpack comes out in the near future? To burn yourself out on BGs because you need to repeatedly throw yourself at people whose gear is far superior to yours for weeks on end to even get a set of gear to compete with? I would find it incredibly hard to believe if you told me that you started playing WoW to rush to the level cap just to raid, and didn't enjoy anything along the way. Don't recommend your current play style to a new gamer because you'll just ruin the game for them.

Ranting aside, if you *do* give WoW a second chance, try to grab a friend or two. If you can get some kind of healer/tank combination you can end up doing instances relatively easily, even duoing them when you're high enough. After playing FFXI you'll find WoW a lot more fast paced and engaging, especially in an instance environment, and you'll definitely be able to handle the group aspect of instances (which most people just suck at because WoW doesn't necessitate the cultivation of group efforts, really). A lot of the fun in this game is playing with other people, and if you're able to find someone to do this you'll have an incredibly rewarding experience from level 1 all the way to level 70. Then you'll have plenty of time to explore all the end game dungeons and raid to your heart's content until the expansion comes out.

SabinXL on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    So therefore, giving WoW another chance would probably be Tcheldor's best interests if you ask me. CoH/V is flashy and all but that's it, what do you do when you get the max level? Make another character? Seriously.

You get the same exact things you get at WoW at max level. Seriously.

Do some "dungeons" to kill some "bosses" to get some phat lewts

Do some pvp

sit around by the "bank" and idle while reading the PA forums.

I mean, what do you do at 70 in WoW that makes it soooo much more interesting than all of the other games out there? The guy is looking for a change of pace, if anything WoW is more like the status quo.

Unknown User on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll suggest City of Heroes/Villains as well. Villain-side in particular is very polished. Play in the Virtue server, join the Penny Arcade channel.

The "City of" games have evolved so much since I started playing two years ago... it's really impressive. What's more impressive is they did all that with a team of 15 developers. But now, their team is almost thrice that size, so future content is sure to be even MORE interesting.

As for hitting lvl 50 and making another character? There's a lot of stuff to do at 50 now, but YES, you will want to make something new. And you know why that's ok? Because then you can play the game again with a completely different archetype, doing different contacts on the way up, and have a different experience altogether. The system is designed to encourage alts.

Not everyone likes to spend several hours a week with headphones glued to their head, hearing some raid leader barking out orders, fighting over some arbitrary DKP system that will favor those grandfathered in, replaying THE SAME instance for months... all for an extra +100 Mana, +20 Agility and some new over-sized shoulder-pads upgrade.

If the OP likes the whole raiding for leet gear and phat lewt, stay away from CoH/V. But if they want to try something COMPLETELY different than the majority of MMOs, (Doesn't mean it'll be your cup of tea; but it WILL be different.) then come play CoH/V with us. Worst case scenario? You'll grow bored of it in a month or so, just like you did with WoW.

aunsoph on
  • HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hullabaloo wrote: »

All MMORPGs are going to be boring and repetitive, very few of them add new gameplay options to the genre. It's one of the more depressing parts of being a MMORPG gamer, it's the same old thing rehashed.

Oh, and then there are the quests, the quest rewards, the fact that WoW actually gives you in-game cash for your hard work, much unlike FFXI Online. Well, wait, I think you get some minimal cash for going up a rank in FFXI Online, isn't it like 100,000 gil at Rank 10? Yippee!

Humn i should have added the disclaimer *this is not taking a stab at WoW* (honestly I regret mentioning the whole only got to twenty part). Far from it, many people enjoy it as evident by the sales figures.

What i was complaining about was the sentiment that if someone doesnt enjoy something, they'll magically start to enjoy it at the end of the game after 3+ months of slogging their way through a game they hate and cannot judge a game unless they do as such.

That logic is stupid and was what i was having a go at. Not WoW.

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
    edited July 2008
    hum. um.
    this thread makes me want to play CoV.

Buddy keys ahoy?

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • ewichernewichern Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tabula Rasa?

Totally different combat mechanics, but at least it's fast paced...

Vanguard is a decent game. You have to pick your fights a little better than WoW, so you could argue that there's slightly more strategy required, especially if you're trying to kill things you shouldn't. ;) Still feels relatively slow to me. Not as much waiting on cooldowns, but the combat just doesn't feel that satisfying.

Never played EQII, so I can't comment there. I toyed around with the Atlantica beta, but that really wasn't my cup of tea.

It's hard to beat the polish of WoW... I don't necessarily disagree with the gripes many people have about the game, but even if you call it more of the "status quo", at least it does the status quo very well...
    all about spaming your hot keys and waiting on their cool downs
    The above is precisely how CoH/V combat works. It gets better the higher you get in levels (since you unlock more powers), but the first 30 levels or so you're not "doing" so much as you're "waiting". I've played so many alts in CoH/V into the 20-30 range and I stall out every time because it's just sitting there waiting for cooldowns or sitting and waiting for my endurance to climb back up. I only made it past 30 once, and that was on a Fire/Dev blaster back before the Smoke Grenade nerf. Playing my blaster now is certainly more tactical (if I don't want to die), but ulimately it's just hitting the same 4-5 keys in my combat chain over and over. I've almost fallen asleep playing CoH. :(

ewichern on
    edited July 2008
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    hum. um.
    this thread makes me want to play CoV.

Buddy keys ahoy?

Drop by the CoH/V thread. Someone will jump at the chance of giving you a trial or something.

aunsoph on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you give the trial a go you can't talk in global channels, as I just found out.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Probably one of the best combat systems in any MMO I've played for a long time was City of Heroes. It's centered around small groups of people controlling, fighting, and managing fights with very large groups of enemies (7-20!).

There is a lot to manage, it's very fast paced, and there's no auto-attack. You're always doing something and moving around. The larger battles are definitely one of the selling points of the game.

The only problem was that Cryptic spent so long programming the fighting system they almost forgot the rest of the game. But that was a long time ago and I've heard that they've fixed a lot of the lull from 14-25ish. Maybe added some actual content. I enjoyed my time there very much and don't consider it wasted, but I simply wanted a little more.

I cannot emphasize this post enough. Some of the best times I ever had were rollin' around as a Brute with Thunder/Thunder powersets, rushing from mob to mob to keep my fury high and holding the aggro of 20-30 enemies with my insanely flashy red lightning AoEs of doom.

I felt like one of Supermans more epic villains and it was glorious.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    haven't seen anyone mention Age of Conan yet, it has a very interactive combat system compared to most MMOs.

Dhalphir on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    True but that is about all AoC has from what I hear. Oh and blood and titties.

This thread made me re-try CoX with the trial. I will admit it is a nice break from WoW. My character is a cute little school girl that lights things on fire(Blaster fire/fire). Its fun and I will admit a few fights I have won by the hair of my teeth have given me a really herioc feeling. That and I got a jet pack from stopping a bank robbery which is all types of cool, then stopped the same robber from escaping prision which is also all kinds of cool.

But like I said earlier, free trials are your best friend on the MMO market. I still demo single player games before I buy just to see if I am not wasting my money. I am ol' school like.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • MazrimMazrim Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hold out for WAR, imo.

Mazrim on
    edited July 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    You get the same exact things you get at WoW at max level. Seriously.
    Not really, but I guess you're just mocking the last bit in that post of mine. >_>

TheSkyIsBurning on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mazrim wrote: »
    Hold out for WAR, imo.
    Holding out for a game that is months off is always a bad idea, you don't know if you're going to enjoy it, so don't hold your breath for it. Simple as that.

I'm going to recommend some free games for you, OP, because if you don't know what you want to do you might as well not spend money on it:

Lunia
    Free to play
    A hybrid between an MMO and a beat-em-up. This is the next step in MMOs: no auto-attack, no automatic anything. You attack by hitting the attack buttons, you dodge by jumping out of the way. The combat in this game is fantastic, there are a lot of items to improve your character with and there's enough content to keep you busy for weeks. I'm not sure if the game is out of beta yet, though.

Sword of the New World
    Free to play
    A baroque-ish MMO with very pretty graphics. Main selling point is that you control 3 characters at once and that you can develop these three characters separately. Fun for weeks, if you can look past the retarded community and the ever-grind. Used to be called Grenado Espada.

Wurm Online
    Penny Arcade thread
    Free to play
    This game...wow. This is probably the most hardcore thing I have ever played. If you die in here and can't find your corpse, you should reroll. This game is based around surviving in a harsh environment through working together with others. Although the game doesn't look stellar, the system requirments are high because it runs in java. See the PA thread if you don't want to be killed within the first 10 minutes of playing.

Aldo on
  • zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you are looking for a change of pace, just play Puzzle Pirates.

Trust me. That game gets freakin intense if you are fighting a team as good as you.

zanmatto on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Stop wasting your life on video games and start wasting it in better ways.

Sami on
  • Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Cheese-whiz, this thread is making me want to resub to CoX

I only quit a few months ago though, and don't have much money to spare

bleeeeeeargh

Asamof the Horrible on
    edited July 2008
    Sami wrote: »

Beer, Woman, Weed...

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008

It's great that better is universal and completely not subjective.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

But whatever better is, it's apparently still wasting your time.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited July 2008
    End wrote: »

But whatever better is, it's apparently still wasting your time.

Anything you do is wasting your time, unless it's saving orphans. Orphans with diseases.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited July 2008
    LOL. Grundle.

I played Stinkoman on www.homestarrunner.com last night for 30 mins.
    that were fun

eatmosushi on
  • kidsolkidsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dis wrote: »

Beer, Woman, Weed...

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.....

The bets bet it to do a few trial accounts and explore your options, heres my experience with em, Ive played 4.

Lineage 2:
    I played for 3 years, its a tough grindfest to lvl but the pvp is pretty bad ass and they just merged servers so the server populations have doubled. This game is for a hardcore MMO player, takes a lot of invested time. Point Click enviroment, 100% PVP/PK, sieges and raiding

WoW:
    Took me 3 months to hit 70, pretty simple to lvl and i didnt even play hardcore i played casually, great game for a casual player, lots to do at 70, your xp bar turns into reputation bars for several factions, plus you have lich king to go for. ONly downside is you have to but both the game and expansion or the battlechest. I enjoyed the game but i quit to play AoC, and i didnt want 2 games going and my friends moved servers so i dont wanna go back. depending on your server you can pvp in open world of only by choice.

Age Of Conan:
    Another casual game, the only downside is the stability of the servers and you need a good computer to run it nice, at least an 8800gt 512 and 2-4 gig mem and a good processor otherwise the game runs like shit, the FPS is very unstable, but once you get a good FPs on high settings the game looks SICK. this game plays like wow except its not auto hit, you have a whole different attack system that keeps your attention dunring fights, you have skill trees and professions just like wow and its WASD for moving. server types same as WoW. PVP, RPG PVRPG. I kinda lost interest in Conan

Tubala Rasa:

Plays like WoW with a sci fi setting, graphics are pretty nice, I liked it when i beta'd it but didnt wanna drop 50 bucks on a game and pay monthly fees now its dirt cheap. PVP is war based.

Right now im Testing some free MMO's RFOnline and Perfect World, I'm in the same boat you are I want something Fresh, I am actually awaiting AION: Tower of Eternity. Its hard not to play and MMO once your sucked into the genre, I'm missing the hell out of playing them hence why im searching for my new fix as well.

kidsol on
    Rift: Sunrest - Ayaname (Warrior) - Steam: We Are 138 - XBL: Kidsol
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=64712

You can play through the story of Guild Wars with us if you are so inclined, I gotta say, I've played WoW for two years, CoX for a couple of months and GW and I'm liking GW the most.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
    edited August 2008
    Toxin01 wrote: »
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=64712

You can play through the story of Guild Wars with us if you are so inclined, I gotta say, I've played WoW for two years, CoX for a couple of months and GW and I'm liking GW the most.

I stopped GW after beating the silly story campaign and gotten myself my silly 15k Armour and Vanity Weapon Skin...

Unless you enjoy PvP like GvG, HA, AB it's not gonna last for you...

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008
    I still play GW every once in a blue moon. Mostly just a few matches of RA. Gotta love the PvP characters mechanic.

aunsoph on