As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WHARRGARBL]

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I also like accupuncture, because even if it fails, at least they stuck you full of needles.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fuck, I missed Venture Bros.

Elendil on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    man fuck chiropracters
    They're like one of the last bastions of quackdom in medicine.
    Spoken like someone who's never heard of Naturopathy.

is that the branch of medicine where you act like a effeminate ninja with the keen fashion sense to wear a bright orange jumpsuit

nexuscrawler on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gim wrote: »
    Really, Metallica? The Unforgiven III? II was too many.

waaaaaaa

Someday I'll write a song called 'The Unforgiven LII'.

Better hurry up or Metallica will beat you to it

Gah!

*starts playing mandolin rapidly*

Gim on
    edited July 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    WOOT! I think i might have found a hotel room for PAX! Just have to confirm it with some fellows tonight then i'll book it. YEAH!!

Fantastic Pman. You'll have to give me a ring while you're up here, if you come up here.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    Really, Metallica? The Unforgiven III? II was too many.

waaaaaaa

Someday I'll write a song called 'The Unforgiven LII'.

Better hurry up or Metallica will beat you to it

Gah!

*starts playing mandolin rapidly*

Is this version James Hetfield laments his millions of dollars, Napster and colostomy bag.

nexuscrawler on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Fuck Critical Mass.
    Fuck it right in the ear.

Damn right.

Ugh, this is so annoying. There is a guy in my (very small) office who rides with those fuckwits and was all up in arms defending them this morning.

Really had to hold back and still I think he's pissed at me.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Fuck Critical Mass.

I have an idea lets make cars more aware of us by blocking their ability to drive down the road at their normal speeds.

Brilliant!

You know, I understand a lot of car drivers are assholes. They piss me off, too.

But there's a slight difference between encountering some random asshole in isolation, and getting a bunch of your buddies together with the express purpose of being a big group of assholes.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    So, I'm debating putting up a thread about why articles about being "thrifty" really bother me from a sociopolitical perspective. Good idea or not?

It sounds like untrod ground, which is always[1] a good idea in D&D.
    [1]Not actually always, but I say go for it.

Well what would be your theoretical first post in this hypothetical thread.

Basically, it's the application of disaster capitalism on the microlevel.

A quick primer on disaster capitalism

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I also like accupuncture, because even if it fails, at least they stuck you full of needles.
    Some folks seem to enjoy acupuncture, but I never got the point.

Bama on
    edited July 2008
    Napster, bad! Money, good!

Gim on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    But there's a slight difference between encountering some random asshole in isolation, and getting a bunch of your buddies together with the express purpose of being a big group of assholes.

Self-righteous assholes, which is even worse.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited July 2008
    Napster, bad! Money, ME!
    Cuz you're unforgiven threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2008
    WOOT! I think i might have found a hotel room for PAX! Just have to confirm it with some fellows tonight then i'll book it. YEAH!!

Dear Mr. Bates,

You are a life-saver.

With gratitude, JPants

Elendil on
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I liked my job.

Then we got a new boss.

Now my days are filled with sorrow and rage.

Speaker on
    edited July 2008
    So is a good reason not to like an opinion is londonbridge supports it?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Fantastic Pman. You'll have to give me a ring while you're up here, if you come up here.

Yeah, we'll be up there for sure. PAX is our only big vacation we all take and all look forward to. I'm hoping to persuade my buds to head up a day early and stay a day late so there's more time to cram everything in, but we'll see.

JPants on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    So is a good reason not to like an opinion is londonbridge supports it?

Seriously, that barometer has yet to go wrong for me across like a couple years and god knows how many threads.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fire, bad!

Thanatos on
    edited July 2008
    Bama wrote: »

Well my dad used to go all the time, it was basically relaxation therapy where they stick needles into you and shock you up. Kind of like reverse hypochondria, you feel better because they tell you, you should.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fire, bad!

Marshmellows good!

Speaker on
    edited July 2008
    Fuck Critical Mass.

I have an idea lets make cars more aware of us by blocking their ability to drive down the road at their normal speeds.

Brilliant!

The thing with CM is they don't just ride down the middle of the road, forcing traffic to go at their speed, as is their legal fucking right but they block intersections, run red lights in big groups, harass people as they go and generally behave like total fuckwits.

I don't even own a car and I hate em.

Edit: The big problem with Critical Mass Seattle is that they consistently and deliberately use illegal methods to get their "message" out. They illegally block intersections, often causing accidents in the process, and generally give all cyclists a bad name.

They also fuck with pedestrians just as much as they do with motorists.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My used DS came today.

It is a little dirty :(

skippydumptruck on
    edited July 2008
    Fire, bad!

Prostituuuuuuu

Elendil on
    edited July 2008

Yeah, we'll be up there for sure. PAX is our only big vacation we all take and all look forward to. I'm hoping to persuade my buds to head up a day early and stay a day late so there's more time to cram everything in, but we'll see.

This year I'm not doing the full convention but if you want to go to dinner or something I could pick you up or whatever. Definately want to attend for at least one day.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    Speaker wrote: »
    I liked my job.

Then we got a new boss.

Now my days are filled with sorrow and rage.

:( That sucks, man. Are there other option for you? I know stuff's tight right now, at least in a lot of the country (although Than and Dyna keep suggesting I move to their necks of the woods).

I'm in a sort of ambivalent place with my work right now. I'm getting a raise and a promotion, but to do something I've never done before, and I really like my current job, but I don't feel comfortable turning down potential opportunities just yet.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Did you go to the doc?

If it still hurts bad after a couple more days, gooooo
    my insurance coverage ends for a month after Wednesday. I'm not too worried. I've had back injuries of this level before and it just took rest, stretching and the occasional hot soak to get better. Maybe I should buy a heating pad though...
    The vast majority of back injuries go away in a week or two. Usually, right about when you start saying "okay, I'm tired of this, I'm going to a chiropractor" is when it starts getting better on its own.

I'm never going to a chiropractor.

Dynagrip on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    so i decided to stick with my current job at the restaurant even though they won't make me a waiter for a while

it fits my schedule and I probably can't get a jerb as a waiter with a month's experience.

Casual Eddy on
    edited July 2008
    Napster, bad! Money, ME!
    Cuz you're unforgiven threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    -Napster, bad! Money, bore!
    -Napster, bad! Money, jive!
    -Napster, bad! Money, ticks!
    -Napster, bad! Money, heaven!
    -Napster, bad! Money, masturbate!
    -Napster, bad! Money, whine!
    -Napster, bad! Money, let's do it again!

Gim on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

This year I'm not doing the full convention but if you want to go to dinner or something I could pick you up or whatever. Definately want to attend for at least one day.

Sounds good! I can't wait for this fucking thing. i believe i'll be quitting my job right before it so that should be awesome too. Hopefully i have a new job lined up though so i dont' have to worry about drug tests!

JPants on
    edited July 2008
    It'll be odd in thirty years to explain what Napster was to young people while they're getting music beamed directly to the microchips in their brains.

Of course, that is assuming that they'll listen to me. I might have to start brandishing a knife.

Gim on
    edited July 2008
    It'll be odd in thirty years to explain what Napster was to young people while they're getting music beamed directly to the microchips in their brains.

Of course, that is assuming that they'll listen to me. I might have to start brandishing a knife.

Well, presumably any true Hipsters will have Apple iBrainchips. So just use their inevitable Bluetooth v27 vulnerabilities to forcibly beam the information about Napster directly into their brains.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fucking Quebec.

I applied for my CAQ a month ago, and they send me a letter today saying oops apparently 3 separate pieces of information didn't arrive. Even though we sent them in the same fucking envelope with the rest of my stuff. Graaargh. So now I need to send them again. Lovely. This had better not slow me down, I still need a study permit.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited July 2008
    Napster jokes...feel so quaint now

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2008

Well, presumably any true Hipsters will have Apple iBrainchips. So just use their inevitable Bluetooth v27 vulnerabilities to forcibly beam the information about Napster directly into their brains.

Just as long as I get to knife brandish.

Gim on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The time is near to start planning the D&D [chat] party at our hotel room at PAX.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Well my dad used to go all the time, it was basically relaxation therapy where they stick needles into you and shock you up. Kind of like reverse hypochondria, you feel better because they tell you, you should.
    I think most of my hang-ups about it stem from the fact that the only acupuncturists I ever met was a real prick.

Bama on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I think most of my hang-ups about it stem from the fact that the only acupuncturists I ever met was a real prick.

Hehe.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I think you just like using the word brandish.

It is an awesome word though. I want to go brandish something now.

Nocturne on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »

I think you just like using the word brandish.

It is an awesome word though. I want to go brandish something now.

Stop brandishing the word brandish.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.