As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Man I Hate It When...

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sour Rapes wrote: »
    Mods who ban ruthlessly.
    To be fair, the "victims" usually deserve it.

Hacksaw on
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People who have post gimmicks. Signing their posts. Putting some stupid piece of emo poetry at the end or/and beginning of their posts every time (bonus points if it's in Japanese). Write in different colour. Write in a font so small that I have to fucking squint my eyes to read it.. You know what? Doing that doesn't make you a special little snowflake, it doesn't make you any more artistic, it just makes you look goddamn pretentious. SIGNATURES are there for a reason fella, USE THEM.

Is this a tiny reason to get annoyed over? You betcha. But it still. Pisses. Me. Off. D:

DarkCrawler on
    edited July 2008
    People who have post gimmicks. Signing their posts. Putting some stupid piece of emo poetry at the end or/and beginning of their posts every time (bonus points if it's in Japanese). Write in different colour. Write in a font so small that I have to fucking squint my eyes to read it.. You know what? Doing that doesn't make you a special little snowflake, it doesn't make you any more artistic, it just makes you look goddamn pretentious. SIGNATURES are there for a reason, fellow, USE THEM.

Is this a tiny reason to get annoyed over? You betcha. But it still. Pisses. Me. Off. D:
    I think it pisses everyone off.

Well, except the people who do it, of course.

Hacksaw on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate when Data Rape makes a new alt.

But then again, it's funny to see him get banned each and every time.

Kilroy on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Data Rape.

London Bridge.

When Peekingduck makes a post I agree with (usually pop culture movies stuff but still).

People who critique your grammar when you're typing a quick response in a video game.

Mikeman.

Having to constantly edit my own posts because I fucked them up the first time.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    Here's another thing. Not being sexist or anything, but I think it's more a women thing, since I've never seen a guy do it or never done it myself. This is my experience and I can be wrong.

Gossiping. I loathe it.

I'm in a car or something, with my sister and mother, and I hear them talking about everybody, people that they don't like, people they DO like, their friends, family...everybody. And it's 99% negative. And I don't mean small things, they really do insult them, grasp into the smallest thing these people do and beat it to the ground. I would not really mind it if it was just people they did not like, but when they do that to friends...I wonder how they can meet them face to face and still act like normal after having gossiped about them for hours, after having said all those things about them.

I mean, I have been taught that speaking about people behind their back isn't exactly a good thing, and I tend not to do that myself. I keep my opinions to myself unless I really hate that person, and even then, I say it to that person, not whisper about it miles away from them. But I don't get how you can talk like that about people you are supposed to care about and then keep a straight face when talking with them. :|

DarkCrawler on
  • Sour RapesSour Rapes __BANNED USERS new member
    edited July 2008
    LondonBridge == Datarape

Sour Rapes on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mikeman.

You know you love me.

MikeMan on
    edited July 2008
    Also, Korean/Japanese anime songs.

Are they the cheesiest fucking thing ever, or what? I mean seriously, I have to forward the tape every time I watch something made in those countries. I cringe visibly if I have to watch them...seriously, half of their content is something like:

"Our love for eachother will keep our friendship together for eternity, and I will display my love for you every daaayyy".

Come on.

It's really refreshing to vent about these things, seriously.

DarkCrawler on
    edited July 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Mikeman.

You know you love me.

Yeah that was more of a silly hatred then an actual hatred. I mean who else will birth my illegitimate children?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    Mikeman.

You know you love me.

Yeah that was more of a silly hatred then an actual hatred. I mean who else will birth my illegitimate children?

Juan-Carlos is a healthy 8 pounds, 2 oz.

But Maria died in childbirth.

MikeMan on
    edited July 2008
    Mikeman.

You know you love me.

Juan-Carlos is a healthy 8 pounds, 2 oz.

But Maria died in childbirth.

YOUR WOMB IS POISON!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    LondonBridge == Datarape
    Actually, LondonBridge = TangledThorns

You = Datarape

Hacksaw on
    edited July 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    LondonBridge == Datarape
    Actually, LondonBridge = TangledThorns

You = Datarape

ahahahahahaha oh god yes

MikeMan on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate it when I go into [chat] with something I want to talk about, but something cooler/more interesting is going on, so I decide to wait and then forget what I wanted to talk about.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ex girlfriends who get all 'I don't want to be your friend cause you still like me' when I am going out with someone new

Not eating before drinking

Girls who insist they want good guys yet always go out with douchebags

Having constant headaches

Owing people money

TrueHereticX on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    -People who are famous for no reason
    -Any media concerned chiefly, or even in part, with celebrity gossip
    -The death of journalism
    -Proudly ignorant "I can't get my VCR not to blink 12:00 har har" people
    -People that eat meat but can't stomach the idea of killing a cow themselves
    -People that eat meat but can't watch a lion hunting on Animal Planet
    -Gigantic American cars
    -People that don't carpool, walk, take the bus, etc. for petty reasons
    -Economic rationalism
    -Old people who think their generation should be the last one (I'm looking at you, Apocalypse Now evangelicals)
    -People who are grammar nazis, even when the offense did nothing to impede communication (I'm looking at you, who/whom pricks)
    -People that perpetuate negative stereotypes (I'm looking at you everyone on "reality" tv)
    -Carlos Mencia
    -'cism
    -Anti-feminists
    -Celebrities that use their position of influence to promote violence, hard drugs, and womanization (God dammit, rap music)
    -Viacom
    -George Bush & Friends
    -People that decry things based on a vague feeling without knowing anything about the subject ("Hip hop? More like Lame Hop lol" "LSD makes your brain bleed, I totally read it somewhere" "So what, if you don't believe in God, surely you don't believe in science or something equally untrue as told to us by the Word of God the Holy Bible?")

TL DR on
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate that "reality television" is just a word for a really really stupid game show (Like survivor) when there are shows that could far more accurately be described as reality television (COPS, most stuff on animal planet or national geographic, etc).

What's wrong with that, dude? Some people just can't stomach violence.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ex girlfriends who get all 'I don't want to be your friend cause you still like me' when I am going out with someone new

People who have stupid/crazy relationship issues in general annoy me.

And I don't mean "relationship issues" like "my girlfriend's all stressed out from work and she's taking it out on me" or "my wife wants kids and I don't," or things like that. Those kinds of issues are understandable. I mean when people act blatantly irrational and then act surprised when they get hurt or end up lonely.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited July 2008

See I hate no confidence losers, who blame the women they can't get for not picking up the secret voodo signal you wanted to date them.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

See I hate no confidence losers, who blame the women they can't get for not picking up the secret voodo signal you wanted to date them.

Don't start.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited July 2008
    Feral wrote: »

Don't start.

I hate you feral, you always take away my fun. That's it see this ball I'm so taking it home with me.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People who repost things that were posted at the bottom of the page.

Space Coyote on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll tell you something I love.

I love all the drama that this thread is bound to cause at some point.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    *.*

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    peeps

both the marshmallow candies and people who use that word in slang.

I wouldn't say I hate it, because hate implies a deeper feeling then I want to have for something like that, but that word just irks me, and I hate the candy.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited July 2008

OFF TOPIC POST BURN HIM BURN HIM!

Anyway, I dislike people who say "hows it going" and then walk off. HOWS IT GOING IS NOT A PROPER HELLO YOU FUCK BAGS!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008

Anyway, I dislike people who say "hows it going" and then walk off. HOWS IT GOING IS NOT A PROPER HELLO YOU FUCK BAGS!

Oh yeah, I dislike "what's up" as a greeting (even though I use it all the time). I never know whether to actually answer the question, or just give the standard "not much".

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2008

Oh yeah, I dislike "what's up" as a greeting (even though I use it all the time). I never know whether to actually answer the question, or just give the standard "not much".

People ask me questions like that all the time because I work the phones for customer service. I never answer them, because they are using it as a greeting and they don't care for the answer.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    *.*

Yeah, I hate this too. Fucking holdover from the DOS days where every file had a damn period in it. Under Windows "del *.*" even deletes files without a single damn "." in the name! You don't see that shit with *a* deleting files without any "a"s in the name. You don't see that shit on Linux. "rm -rf *.*" won't delete files without periods in the filename, you use "rm -rf *" instead. What the fuck.
    Yes, I know what you meant, Drez.

Daedalus on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    *.*

Yeah, I hate this too. Fucking holdover from the DOS days where every file had a damn period in it. Under Windows "del *.*" even deletes files without a single damn "." in the name! You don't see that shit with *a* deleting files without any "a"s in the name. What the fuck.

Whew. I was all ready to type out "no, I hate everything" until I read the spoiler. And if there's one thing I hate (among infinity other things) it's having to explain myself.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    *.*

Yeah, I hate this too. Fucking holdover from the DOS days where every file had a damn period in it. Under Windows "del *.*" even deletes files without a single damn "." in the name! You don't see that shit with *a* deleting files without any "a"s in the name. What the fuck.

Whew. I was all ready to type out "no, I hate everything" until I read the spoiler. And if there's one thing I hate (among infinity other things) it's having to explain myself.

Glad I could help.

On an unrelated note, I hate sarcasm on the Internet.

Daedalus on
    edited July 2008
    I hate when people leave low hanging fruit, because I want to pick it... but then I'm like nah that's just too easy.

MUST RESIST URGE TO MAKE SARCASTIC COMMENT.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    I hate when people leave low hanging fruit

I hate Goatse.

Feral on

edited July 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    I hate when people leave low hanging fruit

I hate Goatse.

You hate goats? Because that's how its spelled hombre, no e.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Church wrote: »
    I hate that "reality television" is just a word for a really really stupid game show (Like survivor) when there are shows that could far more accurately be described as reality television (COPS, most stuff on animal planet or national geographic, etc).

Then don't cause it? It's hypocritical to be ok with paying someone to kill your food, but to be unwilling to kill said food yourself.

TL DR on
    edited July 2008
    Church wrote: »

Then don't cause it? It's hypocritical to be ok with paying someone to kill your food, but to be unwilling to kill said food yourself.

Uhh no its not. Look I don't think I could kill and clean a cow properly to eat it, but damn I love beef.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008

What if your unwillingness to kill an animal for food weren't based in morality?

I'm okay with throwing stuff in the trash but I wouldn't want to be a garbage man because I don't want to look at garbage all day. If somebody doesn't want to see blood and guts because they find it unpleasant, that doesn't make them a hypocrite.

Feral on

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    did this just become a vegan thread?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    LondonBridge

Ooo. Do we get to bitch about other forumers?

_J_

funny thing about him

I accidentally banned him for like six months

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.