As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Thread: Real Men Play With Candymancers

1575859606163»

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    that's GoldSTEIN (would have also accepted goldMAN, goldMANOVICH, and Goldmanbergovich)

So who is going to play an engineer? I am tempted oh so tempted.
    Who wants to share a beta key with me?

Also, confirm/deny

Some schlub in AOC told me his friend was in the WAR beta and said, "They took out half the content and what is left is bugged to hell"

Anyone confirm or deny? Is war going to be another AOC heartbreak?

I don't think a single thing you said after engineer wouldn't involve every possible NDA breakage there was.

But think of it this way. If people thought the game was going to crash and burn, why would they care whether they were kicked out for NDA breakage?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Robothero, if only you were human and could be taught to love, you could love me enough to tell me what class is going to be the most funnnnnnnnnn

The AOC dude also told me, "If you dont have the gear you lose in WAR, plain and simple"

Can I get any info about needing gear?
    Grindy grindy raidy raidy I am so over.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    okay

A) you heard from some "guy" who heard from his "friend"
    B) same as above
    C) get a brain moran

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    yeah, i would wait for more information about the game before believing any of that.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What a retarded rumor. It reminds me of how my brother's friend from WoW told him that he was in the Age of Conan beta and the game sucked balls like a cheerleader on prom night, but...well, actually I guess that ended up being true.

SammyF on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Also, confirm/deny

Some schlub in AOC told me his friend was in the WAR beta and said, "They took out half the content and what is left is bugged to hell"

Anyone confirm or deny? Is war going to be another AOC heartbreak?

I don't have any super sekret info, but going by public info, I can say:

1) they removed four classes (20 classes will be in at launch), and they removed/delayed 4 Capitol Cities.
    The Capitol cities were taken out/delayed because of the amount of effort, work and time required to make them the best quality things possible. Hopefully content updates will be made later to add them back in.

2) Firstly, Mythic is focusing on the entire game, and polishing everything to make sure it is the best it can be. So yes, there will be content after lvl20. The lvl40 game to many people is "where it's at", and that's the two Capitols they are launching with. They look freakin' awesome :) .

Secondly, Mythic is building an RvR game. So PvP is part of the foundation, not something tacked on. DAoC showed that when PvP/RvR is part of the foundation, a great game can be made.

Thirdly, people at Conventions and shows are basically overwhelming shouting how great the game is. Not a lot of negative reviews that I've seen.

EDIT, missed this one:
    3) Everything we have read so far has said that gear is not the end all be all of the game. Obviously someone in great gear will have some sort of advantage. But it's not supposed to be an overwhelming advantage.

Selner on
  • Options
    belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    well, comparing newly released games to a now very polished world of warcraft is just stupid. when that game came it it had some big time flaws. i am sure aoc and war will straighten out any bugs during their lifespan.

hearing anything from someone else who says "the game sucks!" is mostly just biased. lots of my friends dislike WoW, but are only staying because they don't want to level up another character and work at getting their loots back.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hum.

I'd have to hypothesiiiiiiize that to get the most out of the RVR goodness (which is why I'm buying the game)

Did mythic hint at anything for balancing faction pops on each server?

Also, can anyone tell me if they've implemented the people's elbow off the magus disk yet?

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    SammyF wrote: »
    What a retarded rumor. It reminds me of how my brother's friend from WoW told him that he was in the Age of Conan beta and the game sucked balls like a cheerleader on prom night, but...well, actually I guess that ended up being true.

Well. I'm arroused.

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Game is choppy? Have a beer, it smooths things out.

Bugs keep crashing your laptop? More time to drink beer between reboots!

Unbalanced classes keeping you on the death screen? Quick, run to the fridge, time for a fresh beer!

Actually I doubt any of these problems will exist at launch, there are always some bad rumors that come out of Beta, but if you look a few pages back one of the PA mods (who is in Beta) said it was really stable, things are progressing really well, etc. Mythic has a good reputation for a reason, absence clear evidence to the contrary I am going to assume this game will come out in pretty damn good shape... (and hopefully on the 23rd).

Friar Chuggs on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The only real problem I've encountered with the beta so far is that I'm not in it.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The only real problem I've encountered with the beta so far is that I'm not in it

hi5!

Those number of us on the outside is slowly dwindling.

I think I may name my first character Applied. :)

Selner on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    Robothero, if only you were human and could be taught to love, you could love me enough to tell me what class is going to be the most funnnnnnnnnn

Choppa

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DUDE. We should start a guild called "Applied Statistics" and send in a request to be in the guild beta now

SammyF on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Applied Statisticks

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    The only real problem I've encountered with the beta so far is that I'm not in it

hi5!

Those number of us on the outside is slowly dwindling.

I think I may name my first character Applied. :)

I was thinking of Applied by Zero Error.

But that may be too long.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    robothero wrote: »

Choppa

I think you mean Black Orc considering Choppa isn't there anymore.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is someone making a new thread so I can be all like "OMG FIRST POWST"?

Accualt on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Choppa

There is a slight possibility he was not being serious.

Ever so slight but present.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Choppa

I think your sarcasm-meter is misconfigured.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lewisham wrote: »

Choppa

I think your sarcasm-meter is misconfigured.

You just have to re-calibrate the hatealtimeter, and then make sure your asshole-intake is properly connected.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Me thinks some peoples in this thread need to get their sarcasm detectors checked

EDIT: Dang, beaten to the punch by Lewisham!

Super_Happy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wait the Choppa is gone? When did this happen!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    whoops!

Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.