As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

To [chat] or Barbados

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Moving is the worst thing. I told that woman not to buy all this stuff.
    I get to move tomorrow!

deadonthestreet on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    Dunno what I did to my foot but now when I stretch it my arch hurts.
    Wait, I can answer this

I've played Trauma Center

First things first: have you sexual intercourse lately?

Elendil on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    At first I thought I wanted a 360, then I thought I wanted a new graphics card and now I do not know what I want.

I am really thinking about a 360 though, especially if the family trip to Tokyo doesn't go ahead.

You won't regret it. I'm a die hard pc gamer and I love my XBox. Seriously, I just want to game on the couch now if only I could get a good sandbox game for my XBox.

GTA doesn't count. Although I may give it a try (I couldn't stand Vice City but I loved GTA3).

I love my PC to death, but looking at the games that are currently available is depressing since I own all the ones worth having. The only game I'm actually looking forward to to WotlK, and even that's 6-9 months away if I'm lucky. It's really rather depressing to think that I've played all the best PC games of the last 10 years and now there's nothing left.

Well, Spore's coming up if you're interested in that, but yeah. I've been falling out of PC gaming simply because I feel less and less inclined to spend $60 on a game. That holds true for XBox, but I've got 10 XBox games now since I got the machine at Christmas and in that time I've bought......0 PC games.

Nova_C on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    I dunno looks too flashy for me, though the stupid trailer stopped at what was probably the good part.

well what cracks me up is that this obviously takes place after part 2, and lets assume since they're wearing modern threads it takes place after say four or five. Don't people know by now to just stay the fuck out of crystal lake?

If I recall from when he was selected Sam is supposed to play some kind of investigator looking in to crystal lake? I dunno for sure (its also a reboot or something they compared it to rambo first blood which makes me really think it will not be good). I think it would be awesome if they just said fuck it and did "Supernatural Vs Jason". I mean they screw enough broads in that show, they'd be on the hit list.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I get to move tomorrow!

Pack completely. Do not trust anyone else to do it, especially your girlfriend who will not pack or move a single goddamn thing, but already has drapes picked out.

Then hire movers. After working all day with my brothers, I was praying for Mexicans to come save me.

TL DR on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Who else will be seeing Pineapple Express

Medopine on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Really though is it constitutional to tax charities?

What kind f question is that?

A trick question is what.
    Since charities aren't taxed entities...?

No it was an essay question. Certified question to the Supreme Judicial Court from the legislature. We want to tax charities with 2.5% on all money over $750 mil in the endowment. Is this constitutional?
    D:

So not only did they ask a question about taxing charities, but they made it a wealth tax, too?

Jesus. Assholes.

Thanatos on
    edited July 2008
    I get to move tomorrow!

Pack completely. Do not trust anyone else to do it, especially your girlfriend who will not pack or move a single goddamn thing, but already has drapes picked out.

Then hire movers. After working all day with my brothers, I was praying for Mexicans to come save me.

This really made me laugh for some reason

Medopine on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I dunno looks too flashy for me, though the stupid trailer stopped at what was probably the good part.
    well what cracks me up is that this obviously takes place after part 2, and lets assume since they're wearing modern threads it takes place after say four or five. Don't people know by now to just stay the fuck out of crystal lake?
    This is one of the things that bothers me about Burn Notice—dude is scamming criminals for at least a month straight but each episode the bad dudes have never heard of him.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited July 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Wait, I can answer this

I've played Trauma Center

First things first: have you sexual intercourse lately?
    I see what this is.

stilist on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

If I recall from when he was selected Sam is supposed to play some kind of investigator looking in to crystal lake? I dunno for sure (its also a reboot or something they compared it to rambo first blood which makes me really think it will not be good). I think it would be awesome if they just said fuck it and did "Supernatural Vs Jason". I mean they screw enough broads in that show, they'd be on the hit list.

I guess I just don't see how it can be a reboot when the trailer shows the kids finding jason's mom's severed head at the altar in the empty cabin.

At that point they have to assume some kind of knowledge of what went down there.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    At first I thought I wanted a 360, then I thought I wanted a new graphics card and now I do not know what I want.

I am really thinking about a 360 though, especially if the family trip to Tokyo doesn't go ahead.

What do you have right now? PS2/Xbox?

PC and that's it.

Then you should get a 360. I'd browse the top games in metacritic to see if they interest you.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    If I had money, I would.

As it stands, no.

Gorilla Salad on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

I will. But in part to get the woman to stop playing that song.

TL DR on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Me! When's it come out?

JPants on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hmm.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Toxoplasmosis. Or maybe neoplastic syndrome.

Thanatos on
    edited July 2008
    I am listening to that song right now

Relevant TDK gif
    263x8ar.jpg

Medopine on
    edited July 2008

Seth Rogan had a great interview on NPR, earlier. And I'll be going to see.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited July 2008
    I love that song. M.I.A. rules.

JPants on
    edited July 2008

I guess I just don't see how it can be a reboot when the trailer shows the kids finding jason's mom's severed head at the altar in the empty cabin.

At that point they have to assume some kind of knowledge of what went down there.

Nah you don't need that, honestly its part homage part "OMG he's just like Norman Bates". Besides the movie will be awful.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

God yes.

Sami on
    edited July 2008
    That gif is AWESOME medo.

JPants on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

What do you have right now? PS2/Xbox?

PC and that's it.

Then you should get a 360. I'd browse the top games in metacritic to see if they interest you.

Woah, I've never actually checked Metacritic before. I own 26 of the top 30 PC games.

The 360 ones do look somewhat tempting I have to admit. I really wanna try Dead Rising since I haven't played a decent zombie game in years.

Tav on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    yeah ima see p express

MikeMan on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I get to move tomorrow!

:P My boyfriend and I are just the opposite. For our trip, I did pretty much all the packing going there and coming back. His idea of packing is to throw things in a bag.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008

Seth Rogan had a great interview on NPR, earlier. And I'll be going to see.

:^::^:

TL DR on
    edited July 2008
    I get to move tomorrow!

:P My boyfriend and I are just the opposite. For our trip, I did pretty much all the packing going there and coming back. His idea of packing is to throw things in a bag.

Come be with me.

TL DR on
    edited July 2008
    I get to move tomorrow!

That is packing... besides with the new tsa bullshit you might as well start off jumbled up because thats how the fuckers will make it by the time it gets there.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    The reviews for Tropic Thunder aren't looking too good. :(

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Paint the white house black and I know that's got 'em terrified
    McCain doesn't belong in any chair unless he's paralyzed
    Yeah I said it, 'cause George Bush is mentally handicapped
    Ball up all of his speeches and just throw 'em like candy wraps
    'cause what you talkin' I hear nothin' even relevant
    And you the worst of all 43 Presidents
    Get out and vote or the end'll be near
    And the world is ready for change 'cause Obama is here, yeea

TL DR on
    edited July 2008

NOOOOOOOOO!

The R rated trailer for the movie was fucking hilarious.

JPants on
    edited July 2008
    The following groups have an elevated risk of being exposed to Cryptosporidium:
    <snip>
    - People exposed to human feces through sexual contact

stilist on
    edited July 2008

Remember Death to Smoochy got panned 8 ways from sunday and it was fucking hilarious. R rated comedies don't review well.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tropic Thunder is an upcoming 2008 action comedy film directed by Ben Stiller and starring Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr. as a group of actors filming a Vietnam War movie when their fed-up writer-director decides to dump them in the middle of a real war.
    Wasn't this the premise of The Three Amigos

Elendil on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That is packing... besides with the new tsa bullshit you might as well start off jumbled up because thats how the fuckers will make it by the time it gets there.
    Our luggage was fine. I've only ever had one bag searched, and it was this old beat up suitcase that I had to duct-tape shut, so I don't really blame them, because it was pretty shady looking.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    Tropic Thunder is an upcoming 2008 action comedy film directed by Ben Stiller and starring Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr. as a group of actors filming a Vietnam War movie when their fed-up writer-director decides to dump them in the middle of a real war.

I hadn't noticed that.

JPants on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The following groups have an elevated risk of being exposed to Cryptosporidium:
    <snip>
    - People exposed to human feces through sexual contact

That's not as unusual as it sounds because, y'know... anal.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited July 2008

Yeah no...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2008
    The Three Amigos was more dumb than funny when I rewatched it last year.

stilist on
This discussion has been closed.