As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To [chat] or Barbados

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    The following groups have an elevated risk of being exposed to Cryptosporidium:
    <snip>
    - People exposed to human feces through sexual contact
    That's not as unusual as it sounds because, y'know... anal.
    Yeah, but it’s not something I’m used to seeing on risk lists.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Tropic Thunder is an upcoming 2008 action comedy film directed by Ben Stiller and starring Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr. as a group of actors filming a Vietnam War movie when their fed-up writer-director decides to dump them in the middle of a real war.
    Wasn't this the premise of The Three Amigos

Yeah no...

Mexico instead of Vietnam and voluntarily going instead of being dumped there by a director and... yeah, basically.

JPants on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    And Galaxy Quest.

Doc on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tropic Thunder is an upcoming 2008 action comedy film directed by Ben Stiller and starring Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr. as a group of actors filming a Vietnam War movie when their fed-up writer-director decides to dump them in the middle of a real war.

Haha, I guess sort of, isn't it?

Btw, I'm listening to Ainadamar, the opera by Golijov that I was talking about earlier. It's pretty fun.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    The Three Amigos was more dumb than funny when I rewatched it last year.

D:D:D:

This is the closest anyone has come to making me put them on the ignore list :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JPants wrote: »

Yeah no...

Mexico instead of Vietnam and voluntarily going instead of being dumped there by a director and... yeah, basically.

Well if you distil it down to that yeah they are similar, but that ignores all the differences to paint it as the same movie.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Btw, I'm listening to Ainadamar, the opera by Golijov that I was talking about earlier. It's pretty fun.
    Yeah, your post about that reminded me of something I've been wanting to do for a while; that is, catch up on modern classical. So I ended up ordering a couple of CDs.

Elendil on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What food should I buy tonight? Don't say sushi.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Yeah, your post about that reminded me of something I've been wanting to do for a while; that is, catch up on modern classical. So I ended up ordering a couple of CDs.

Ooh, what did you get?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Yeah no...

Well if you distil it down to that yeah they are similar, but that ignores all the differences to paint it as the same movie.

he said premise. Not specifics or plot. Nor even direction or style or genre.

The premise is basically actors who think they're making a movie but it's real life.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    What food should I buy tonight? Don't say sushi.

McMinemans!

JPants on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Yeah no...

The premise is basically actors who think they're making a movie but it's real life.

Which has been done a couple times before I get that. But sharing the same premise does not make it the same movie.

I mean most action movies share the same premise.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Yeah no...

That premise is different from The Three Amigos in the way that The Lion King is different from Hamlet. Which is to say, not very much, apart from the setting.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Ooh, what did you get?
    CDs by Kaija Saariaho, Per Nørgård, Sofia Gubaidulina, and Tristan Murail. The only one I've ever actually heard was Gubaidulina, so I'm pretty much flying blind here. It should be interesting, anyway. Per Nørgård sounds particularly cool from what I've heard.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Yeah no...

Which has been done a couple times before I get that. But sharing the same premise does not make it the same movie.

I mean most action movies share the same premise.

True. I dont' think he was saying it was a bad thing (maybe he was, idk), just and observation. I thought it was funny cause i never noticed that before.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Now i want to watch The Lion King...

JPants on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    CDs by Kaija Saariaho, Per Nørgård, Sofia Gubaidulina, and Tristan Murail. The only one I've ever actually heard was Gubaidulina, so I'm pretty much flying blind here. It should be interesting, anyway. Per Nørgård sounds particularly cool from what I've heard.

Wow, you certainly are a lot more adventurous than I am.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

The Fountain is the same premise, with trippier effects and an Aztec warrior or some shit.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

ITS THE CIRCLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE CIRCLE OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I like people who say they'll listen to advice, won't make excuses and then go on to make a shit ton of excuses and not seem to listen to any advice.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Also, Ainadamar is about the death of Lorca, so it inspired me to go learn a bit about the Spanish Civil War. Franco was kind of an ass.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

ITS THE CIRCLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE CIRCLE OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not true, that's impossible!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    True. I dont' think he was saying it was a bad thing (maybe he was, idk), just and observation.
    I just wanted to talk about The Three Amigos

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    And I can't believe that the American government after WWII actually treated him as an ally just because he didn't like communists either.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    True. I dont' think he was saying it was a bad thing (maybe he was, idk), just and observation.

Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

That's not true, that's impossible!

Search your feelings... YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

I say this line often (well, often for using the words plethora and pinatas) and no one ever gets it. It saddens me.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Tonight will be job and apartment hunting night. I'm not looking forward to it (thus why i've been putting it off) but it's coming down to the wire (5 weeks) so i gotta do it.

Medo, find me a job and a home, kthx.

JPants on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    hurf durf

Echo on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    We are the Night is a good album.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Tonight will be job and apartment hunting night. I'm not looking forward to it (thus why i've been putting it off) but it's coming down to the wire (5 weeks) so i gotta do it.

Find me a house to buy and I'll rent this condo to you

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I am hella bored today

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    LewieP's infraction profile is filled with hilarity and joy

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Where the hell is everyone

Medopine on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My parents' computer was full of spyware. I've created a shotcut to firefox, called it "internet explorer" and given it the internet explorer icon.

Starcross on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Medopine on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

Where have you been anyway?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I'm here!
    (Not really!)

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Where have you been anyway?

Studying and taking the bar

And now I go to a barbeque full of law graduates ready to get ill after our three months of hell has ended

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Find me a house to buy and I'll rent this condo to you

I'm like 90% sure i can't afford your place.

JPants on
This discussion has been closed.