As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Hotel Room-Share Thread

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    What?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Huh?

redhalo on
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Que?

magiic on
  • Options
    SentosSentos Rainbow Afro United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    O_o

Sentos on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    unless you were born in 2000, i'm not seeing the problem here.

Please tell me you know what an S2000 is.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    yes.
    You're a fusion between Goku and Gohan, effectively called Gan, and you're like level Super Seiya Jin 2000.

It's also a car.

Please tell me you know what the joke I said earlier is.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    sorry, not much of a DBZ person, The S2000 is yes a car, (love 'em even though I can't drive yet, still trying to get me mom to let me get a permit...) and The Gan is actually my last name. (6 years ago, I was in a rush to make a username and I couldn't think of anything.)

EDIT: OH! you mean the 2000 Joke, Do you mean that if I were born in 2000 I'd be 8?

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    All I'm saying is that you're not 8, as in if you're not like super young, why would your parents say no to going 30min away for a weekend? Ask your parents if you can go. And you can ask for money for it too.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I wish, remember I live with my parents, and for the most part, know what they're like. The reason they would say no to me going away for the weekend is that they are too worried about about me or something and don't want to handle me having grown up.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    John_FN_SeilerJohn_FN_Seiler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: 8/28th
    Date Leaving:9/1 or whatever is best for you
    Spots Needed:1
    Notes: all I will have is a backback. So I wont need much room.
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Dosent matter
    Best Contact Method:
    Myspace.com/JohnFNSeiler
    Facebook.com- John Seiler

John_FN_Seiler on
    Listen to Spoiler Alert on KSUA 91.5FM at http://ksua.uaf.edu/ Every Tuesday 8 PM-10PM (9-11 PM Pacific). It's a Talk show about games, movies, comics, wrestling, TV and everything in between.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spoiler-Alert-KSUA-915-FM/129190520480743
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    All I'm saying is that you're not 8, as in if you're not like super young, why would your parents say no to going 30min away for a weekend? Ask your parents if you can go. And you can ask for money for it too.

Parents are funny like that, they say "no" to all kinds of things. I think it's how they deal with their insecurities.

redhalo on
  • Options
    c_web7c_web7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bump from a few pages back. Still looking.

06-05-2008, 05:21 PM
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Wed/Thurs.
    Date Leaving: Mon
    Spots Needed: 2
    Notes: 2 males both 24. We are arriving Wednesday night, although we will more than likely shoot up to Vancouver so probably won't need anything Wednesday. We'd be flying out Monday morning. Mostly just need a place to store our loot. Not against drinking, smoking, parties, gaming, not much you do could probably phase us honestly.
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: either
    Best Contact Method: PM if interested in taking us in, or riding to Vanc. late wed night, so we can get some time in there Thurs morn.

c_web7 on
  • Options
    NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    [QUOTE=
    Parents are funny like that, they say "no" to all kinds of things. I think it's how they deal with their insecurities.[/QUOTE]

You say this like insecurities are a bad thing.. epically pertaining to parenting. I know i was totally irresponsible at 16. I couldn't even fill out a tax form! They just like to know that theres someone else they can trust to supervise while having a good time. I'm sure they arnt evil parents who purposely don't want you to have fun.. trust me i'm sure they want you out of the house as much as you do. But safety is the up most concern- its their responsibility :)

So what are these people going to do if they don't find a place? Is there an adoption room at the convention center where they roam until some one with a room adopts them? I think that would work :P

Nepo on
  • Options
    Johnny5Johnny5 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gonna talk it over with the wife first, but I'm considering renting out my spare bedroom to someone for PAX if anyone is interested. I live in Belfair, plan on going all 3 days to PAX, taking the Bremerton Ferry over and walking to the convention center. So the person can ride with me to the ferry terminal. Can offer pick up and drop off from airport/train station. I have a spare bedroom with a full bath. Again have to talk it over with wife first. Also should mention I have a dog and a psychotic 3 year old. But a place to crash is a place to crash. (Thinking of a fairly cheap price) 28th thru 1st.

Johnny5 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'd offer the guest room (2 beds and a full bath) at my house if it was ok with my parents which I know it wont.
    But even if they said ok, the problems is that my brother (12) is SO ANNOYING, my brother gets really angry about anything too easily.

Sorry all, I'll ask, but I HIGHLY doubt my parents will say yes, I can't wait until I move out.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    ... I can't wait until I move out.

You don't realize what you have untill its gone.

I'd milk it as long as you can.

Nepo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I know what you're saying, and I'm kinda exaggerating, what I really mean, if I wish my parents would let me do more stuff on my own, though in this case it is they're house after all.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If you want to get into it, I'm going to tell you to at least ask. I kept saying stupid things when I was a kid and never asked my parents anything, afraid they'd say no. Which means I missed out on a lot of stuff as a kid. Just ask and asee what happens.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yep. Worst they can say is no.

Nepo on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Well, the worst they could do is beat him. But I doubt they'll do that over a simple question.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Johnny5Johnny5 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Or ground him and not let him go to PAX. :shock:

Johnny5 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Well, the worst they could do is beat him. But I doubt they'll do that over a simple question.

Or kill him and condemn his soul to Hell.

Nepo on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Or blow up PAX to prevent him from defying them to go there.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ok! enough listing of possibilities!
    Yeah, they said no,
    they don't want random people staying over...

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I was talking about you going to pax :| and staying at a hotel.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    They said no to that too, "Waste of money" Though, I wonder how the price of that Green Tortoise Hostel place would compare to the price to drive from Sammamish to Seattle and back twice a day...
    And yes, a hotel would probably end up too expensive at like $400 (which is alot including that I live within a reasonable distance), but including the hostel would only be like $83 I think my mom just doesn't want me rooming alone with random people.
    Then there's the problem that the place is already full...
    Though, If I knew I had a chance I would've been posting about things like this a LONG time ago.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why does your mom hate random people so much? That's randomist.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    They said no to that too, "Waste of money" Though, I wonder how the price of that Green Tortoise Hostel place would compare to the price to drive from Sammamish to Seattle and back twice a day...
    And yes, a hotel would probably end up too expensive at like $400 (which is alot including that I live within a reasonable distance), but including the hostel would only be like $83 I think my mom just doesn't want me rooming alone with random people.

Green Tortoise is full =(

magiic on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I don't know, she doesn't want anything to happen I guess,
    magiic wrote: »

Green Tortoise is full =(

I know that already, I even changed my post because I guessed someone was going to say that.
    I'm not sure I'd want to stay there though,
    sounds like it'll be way too crazy, and have beer.
    I want to have fun and party, but sleep is good to, also, can't have beer (16).
    If I were to stay closer to the event I'd probably go for sharing a hotel room, and even with the ridiculous price of gas the hotel would cost too much to be worth it.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Haha your 16, man. Theres plenty of better things to spend your money on. Besides theres always years later... unless the world REALLY DOES end in 2012. Which then i suggest you go before your 20.

Seriously though. I didnt spend my own money on anything big other than video games and my own computer (junk food, ice cream and taking girls to the movies too). I suggest you just save your money for another opportunity- which i can guarantee you there will be plenty.

Nepo on
  • Options
    VorshVorsh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    NEED A PLACE

Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Sunday or Monday Depending on who I am staying with.
    Spots Needed: 1
    Notes: I am over 21. chill guy, would like to get a room with someone with a Wii or something. I dont like smoking and drinking. I am not smoker, do like to drink, but I can do it else where. My friends will not be coming this years so i wouldnt mind rooming with people that want to hang out.
    Your Gender: Dont Care
    Best Contact Method: dogbrainv (a) yahoo.com or you can PM on here.

Vorsh on
  • Options
    jonarajonara Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Friday, the 29th
    Date Leaving: Sunday the 31st
    Spots Needed: 3
    Notes: 3 Males, all 22 years old. Quiet and respectful. You won't even know we're there. Open to anything at all and down to party, game, sleep, etc.
    My Gender: M
    Best Contact Method: AIM: takrawmaster, text/phone: (510) 754-4722, myspace or facebook (see below)

WE'RE DESPERATE!!! Willing to pay!

links to our facebooks/myspaces:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=3210229 (Germ)
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Leo_Pekelis/211544 (Lenny)
    http://www.myspace.com/araquistain (me!)

jonara on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, Yoshamano, Sukkresa, and I had some people cancel on us for sharing a room. That means I have at least one spot open. (Two if one of you doesn't mind sleeping on the floor). We are all 25 so we'd prefer to have someone at least 21 or so staying with us, as I am sure we will be drinking.

Stats are:

Staying at Sheraton and checking out on the Monday morning after PAX. Either PM me here, come to #paforums_pax, or IM me on my listed accounts.

EDIT: Unless status changes I have my spaces filled

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    joemunkehjoemunkeh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Filled it up again sorry folks. Hopefully this time we don't get any drop outs.

Peace

joemunkeh on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue: Sheraton
    Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Checkout Sunday Morn
    Spots available: 1
    Notes: Must sign wavier. (basically stating you won't be an asshole.) 5 in room.
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: Whatever
    Best Contact Method: PM
    Cost: 138 USD for entire weekend.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Done. No more room.
    Update? Not really. Repost.

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue: The W
    Date Arriving: Thurs Morning, Aug 28
    Date Leaving: Monday Afternoon, Sept 1
    Spots available: 2-4
    Notes: Two beds, I get one. I don't know how it works if people need to sleep on the floor.
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: PM in these forums.
    Cost: $280/night divided evenly.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    remigiousremigious Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Sorry to re-post (my original is a few pages back) but the person we were going to share with canceled and we still need a room :(
    Date Arriving: Friday, the 29th
    Date Leaving: Sunday the 31st
    Spots Needed: 2
    Notes: My boyfriend and I, I am 22 and he is 26, and neither of us smoke or anything.
    My Gender: F and M
    Best Contact Method: my email: clinical.rhapsody@gmail.com
    We are both nice people and we are fine with sleeping on the floor!
    We can afford to pay up to $230-ish
    Thank you!

remigious on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Thursday, 28th
    Date Leaving: Monday, 1st
    Spots Needed: 1
    Notes: Incredibly respectful, will honor any wishes you ask, not loud, etc
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: PMs on here, or email at Raslin2000@gmail.com

Here's the thing though... I can't afford to pay anything. I know this sounds horrible, and I hate the fact that I'm even asking this, but I have no other choice. All I'm asking for is a corner of a hotel room, or just somewhere inside that I can sleep(The floor is completely fine with me). You don't need to worry about me stealing from you or anything, I went last year and roomed with others, it was all good. I know probably nobody is interested, but I have no other options. Please let me know.

Edit: Guek and Papaprinny are both wonderful people, and I have a place to stay. Thank you guys so much.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue: Seattle Hilton (whole room)
    Date Arriving: Aug 29th (Friday)
    Date Leaving: Aug 31st (Sunday)
    Spots available: Entire room (2 bed room)
    Notes: See below
    My Gender: Male (although I won't be staying with you so who cares)
    Your Gender: Whatever you want, but if it's an all-female party, you best let me come over ;)
    Best Contact Method: PM
    Cost: $350 or so a night (if you PM I'll call them for the exact number)

Notes (original post):
    I should have originally posted this in this thread. I still have 2 hotel reservations (one at the Hilton and one at the Grand Hyatt). I'm going to be cancelling or transferring the Hilton one if somebody needs the room. However, there is some important information to understand.

1. I did NOT get a PAX rate even though this is a PAX hotel. They said if you call them every day, they will switch you to PAX rate if they get a cancellation or decide to offer more rooms at that rate.

2. The room is for 2 nights (the 29th and 30th) for around $350 a night.

3. The room has 2 beds

4. The room is non-smoking

5. The hotel is an official PAX hotel listed on the hotels page, and is within walking distance of the convention center.

6. If you would like to take this room off my hands, please send me a PM (I will not be checking this thread). If I don't get interest before Wednesday I'll be canceling the room.

Edited to use the appropriate format.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    HOTEL ROOM AVAILABLE x2

I have two reservations. Message me on AiM or email me if you would like to change the reservations to yoru name.

Non-smoking, Aug28-Aug31st

Crown Plaza
    $285 a night

SOLD

Springhill Suits
    $219 a night

SOLD

Nepo on
This discussion has been closed.