As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week for 07-30-08

• Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh I thought that part was current. That makes more sense.

They're discussing the events of the night before when he calls in

Me Too! on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    Not that it won't happen at some point, because he's too good a character to waste on that throw away.

Pretty sure he is going to be in the upcoming Squadron Supreme series.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    I think this is his way of bringing it into continuity
    Also I'm pretty sure it's a long arc

I was under the impression this arc was done by the end of the year, which left only one or two actual story issues at the pass he's filling in the backstory. Still a pretty weak issue (it felt disjointed, but that might just be the fact I just played the game and this only highlights), but it's not unfixable if he's set aside enough time.

I've never played the game so I am digging the hell out of this

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    Not that it won't happen at some point, because he's too good a character to waste on that throw away.

Pretty sure he is going to be in the upcoming Squadron Supreme series.

The comic actually started already, and Fury is figuring into it quite prominently.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wait, USM:
    Fury is back?!?

Am I a bad person for first thinking that deadonthestreet wrote
    Fury is Black?!?

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    nova volume 2 was so good

so good

continued my jaunt through marvel cosmic history by picking up the Dark Phoenix Saga as well

yeehaw

Rans on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Rans, isn't Cosmo the best thing ever

Me Too! on
  • Koopin KrackerzKoopin Krackerz Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    The comic book store I usually go to either sold out or didn't carry (I had an appointment and didn't have time to ask) Reign In Hell. Is it worth looking around for?

Koopin Krackerz on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Update; Runaways trades 4 through 6 are awesome.
    Wolverine: "Look, I won't tell anyone this night happened if you won't."

The inclusion of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs. Calvin & Hobbes references are an easy way into my heart.

GERT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Looks like I've gotta snag trade 7 on the way home, which is the furthest that's out in trade form, correct?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited August 2008
    I know the hardcover of Whedon's run is out, although I have no idea what number that is

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I know the hardcover of Whedon's run is out, although I have no idea what number that is

Yeah, I've only ever seen it in hardcover.

I imagine they put the digests with the manga, out of ignorance.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited August 2008
    According to Amazon, the hardcover for Runaways 8 is due out in early August, so if it's not out already, hopefully it will be soon.

Forar on
    edited August 2008
    I know for a fact that hardcover is out in comic shops already because my shop has it.

Amazon tends to get thier stuff later than the direct market

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008
    Oh, I'm aware Amazon gets their stuff late. We had this same discussion around the release of the fourth AXM trade.

I'm referring to the paperback version, as I'm not really that desperate to get it in HC.

Forar on
    edited August 2008
    Hardcovers are the bee's knees, man.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited August 2008
    They're also more expensive.

And would break the set I have of 6 paperbacks nicely side by side.

.. I got nuttin'.

Forar on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    According to Amazon, the hardcover for Runaways 8 is due out in early August, so if it's not out already, hopefully it will be soon.

Keeping in the spirit of Whedons run, they actually mean august 2020.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wolverine was so awesome. Hawkeye is fantastic in dystopian futures.

Mai-Kero on
    edited August 2008
    Why are archers always getting disabled in sad futures and alternate worlds?

Robos A Go Go on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2008
    The guy has to be like eighty years old, a little blindness makes some sense.

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2008
    Yeah I thought the story made it clear that the blindness was a result of his age and not something that was done to him

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2008
    unless someone can give you glaucoma, I guess

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2008
    Doom's most sinister scheme yet

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008
    I didn't mean that I thought he'd been hit by some blindness ray. I just mean that Green Arrow's been maimed in at least two books, and Hawkeye was blinded in at least one book prior to this.

Also, Hawkeye's at least partially deaf, though I don't know if that's still the case.

Robos A Go Go on
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I didn't mean that I thought he'd been hit by some blindness ray. I just mean that Green Arrow's been maimed in at least two books, and Hawkeye was blinded in at least one book prior to this.

Also, Hawkeye's at least partially deaf, though I don't know if that's still the case.

Well, when you're a regular guy who f*cks with super powered individuals by launching small pointy sticks at them, there's bound to be a maiming or two in your future.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The "Hawkeye is partially deaf" thing was taken out via the Heroes Reborn loophole (Busiek did it in the backup of an annual).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Servo -

You were right about the directors cut of PAYBACK. So awesome.

haha

i couldn't even believe it when i saw the new version. it's a completely different movie!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Well, when you're a regular guy who f*cks with super powered individuals by launching small pointy sticks at them, there's bound to be a mainin' or two in your future.

Archers have always gotten fucked up if they were captured by their opponents.

Crimsondude on
    edited August 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    Servo -

You were right about the directors cut of PAYBACK. So awesome.

haha

i couldn't even believe it when i saw the new version. it's a completely different movie!

Wait, what? Tell me more! I enjoyed the hell out of the original version!

Also, Runaways paperback #7. Fuck yeah.

Forar on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Well, when you're a regular guy who f*cks with super powered individuals by launching small pointy sticks at them, there's bound to be a mainin' or two in your future.

Archers have always gotten fucked up if they were captured by their opponents.

"What's your super power?"

"Uh, I shoot arrows"

"Who captured this guy? Come on fess up. Nobody? OK, remove an arm or make him blind I don't care. I gotta pick my kids up at 5 O'clock from the Ex and I don't want to be late."

Algertman on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Probably how most archers would end up, in a 'realistic' story:

jla040ck4.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Archers are pretty decent against street-level crime, though, I guess. And Ghost Riders.

Mai-Kero on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pretty bad when you can tell who drew something based simply on the female fingers.

Algertman on
    edited August 2008
    So I just read Joker's Asylum: Two-Face.
    I got Tails. : (

Robos A Go Go on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Algertman wrote: »
    "Who captured this guy? Come on fess up. Nobody? OK, remove an arm or make him blind I don't care. I gotta pick my kids up at 5 O'clock from the Ex and I don't want to be late."

The French would just cut off their index and middle fingers. But they were tools. I like your idea better.

Crimsondude on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I just read Joker's Asylum: Two-Face.
    I got Tails. : (

I read most of that story on scans_daily and it, as well as the Penguin story, totally sold me on getting the trade. I'm surprised that what seemed like a lame fifth week event turned out so well.
    I actually felt really uncomfortable flipping the coin, then strangely relieved to get heads.

To contribute, from Blue Beetle:

bluebeetle29ajb7.th.jpg

What makes this kind of funny is that the last Hellhound apparently bought the title from Calculator. That thing gets around.

MotWeak: Finding out that in Teen Titans, Kord Omniversal Research and Development was taken over by yet another dark organization, The 100. Who used to be The 1000. I suppose even supervillain conglomerates have to make cutbacks in the current economy. For those keeping score, this is the second villainous organization in the past four months to have taken over a company owned (formerly I guess) by Batman, and run by Kimiyo Hoshi, aka the superheroine Dr. Light.

Munch on
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Didn't Black Mask steal a bunch of stuff from them as well? Including all their Kryptonite they had collected from when Supergirl crashed on Earth.

ZombieAsuma on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Probably.

Geoff Johns hinted during SDCC that the character in the epilogue of Booster Gold 1,000,000 was Ted Kord. So I can't wait for him to return to his company and discover that Kalibak's his new secretary, and the Angle Man's got a temp position in the mail room.

Munch on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moment of the week: Harry Dresden beating three Hags at the same time, with an assist by an 800 pound gorilla.

Bloods End on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My moment of the week is definitly the fable trades I got from the library. It's so good.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411