As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Venture Bros Season 3!

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ACTION

ACTION ACTION ACTION

ACTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Javen on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    I'm unemployed right now.

It is not as if I have got all kinds of shit begging for my attention.

I finish rolling these up and doing back stories, and I will watch Venture Bros until my eyeballs fall out.

That pencil incident was bullshit.
    I know that has nothing to do with your current situation, but seriously was that bullshit.

Oh, bahaha, no, no, i moved back to the States, and not because of that, either.

It was bullshit, though, wasn't it?

sarukun on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAACTIONNNNNN

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACTIONN

ACTION ACTION ACTION

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I missed Stephen Colbert... :(

Colonel Gentlemen is a riot, though.

msuitepyon on
  • ToastlyToastly Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ACTION ACTION AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

also there are so many David Bowie things and I keep waiting to see them get tied back to the man

Toastly on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    we don't even know how venture sr died, do we?

no, just like with dr girlfriend's huge revelation they keep alluding to it and then pretending that they didn't

Orikaeshigitae on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    we also don't know why the monarch hates doc venture

Javen on
    edited July 2008
    i think it's pretty funny how they basically shit all over monarch's origin story from the first episode

Orikaeshigitae on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i think it's pretty funny how they basically shit all over monarch's origin story from the first episode

No they haven't. All we got from that was that he got a big fat inheritance. He was a little kid, we don;t see any Monarch history again until he is in college.

FortyTwo on
    edited July 2008
    no, the bit about how the reason he came south was to find his monarch adopted parents

when ostensibly it was to kill dr venture

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Monarch butterflies only live for a year, sweety."

Penguin Incarnate on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    no, the bit about how the reason he came south was to find his monarch adopted parents

I thought Dr Venture was the cover, and the henchmen surprised him by capturing Hank and Dean.

BTW, the series looks and sounds SO different from the earlier episodes

FortyTwo on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I don't see how they contradicted that. The Monarch was surprised to find Dr. Venture in Mexico at the time. He had the cocoon and Dr. Girlfriend working on a random "sinister plan" to cover up the fact he was looking for his butterfly family. When Dr. Venture showed up, the Monarch though the doctor had tracked him to Mexico and sent men to go spy on him to figure out what he knew.

Undead Scottsman on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    by the way this week's tshirt is fantastic

but man soon im going to be wearing nothing but venture brothers tshirts

Unknown User on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Monarch butterflies only live for a year, sweety."

I miss his incompetence about butterflies. The Sting and venom jokes from the pilot were always my faveorite Monarch moments.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My local Best Buy recently moved everything around and restocked their DVD section. They got in several copies of almost every Adult Swim show ever. This means they finally got in Venture Bros. DVDs!

One of the best things to ever grace my shelf.

Vann Diras on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    robothero wrote: »

That'll impress the ladies.

Dynagrip on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    robothero wrote: »

I really want this one but I'm not sure. I got the Order of the Triad one.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • ForgottenVariableForgottenVariable Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For the unaware: the new episode is up and it is fantastic.

ForgottenVariable on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    :O

HOLY SHIT!

Best Episode this season easily. Though last weeks and two weeks ago should have been switched.

Bedlam on
    edited August 2008
    AWESOME.
    $20 bucks the "OSI guys" work for Phantom Limb, revenge against the Monarch and such.

FortyTwo on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    we also don't know why the monarch hates doc venture

They went to college together, Rusty made fun of his poetry and the monarch was looking for a way to get his start in the world of super villiany. He noticed Rusty just skating through everything living off of this father's name. This made him more angry. He tried to kill Dr Jonas' venture's son but failed, not due to Rusty doing anything spectacular but due to him being lazy and not showing up to assist his lab partner(Baron Underbeiht however it spelled). This infuriated the monarch as he see's Rusty get by without working for it AGAIN. Then Rusty left College due to his fathers death and the Monarch felt abandoned. As we saw with his parents dying, then his new 'parents' leaving him, he has huge abandonment issues. Years later he finds Rusty 'joining the super science game' but in reality all he's doing is living off of his father's legacy again. The Monarch hates him for this and has decided to make it his legacy to kill Dr Venture.

It could be said that the Monarch is a huge hipocrite though since he spent most of his life living off of a huge trust fund he inherited from his parents dying.

Its never been spelled out so simply like that but those are all little snipets they give you in previous episodes.

Grath on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    where can i find all the shirts

Projeck on
    edited August 2008
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    AWESOME.
    $20 bucks the "OSI guys" work for Phantom Limb, revenge against the Monarch and such.

Cardholder has been in a number of episodes as a member of OSI, with Brock or otherwise.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Projeck wrote: »
    where can i find all the shirts

you can't, they were only sold weekly and you can't get the older ones "officially" anymore.

And considering that most havent been delivered yet ebay wouldn't be a good idea either.

http://astrobasego.com/shirtoftheweek.html

Fabricate on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
  • FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Still can't order them.

Fabricate on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    best episode of the season

Skull Man on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Maybe he just wants to look

I have no plans of buying a venture brothers shirt

But I still check them out

Straightzi on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd be all over these shirts if they were reasonably-priced. Hell, I used to be one of those douchebags who shopped at Hot Topic for gamer t-shirts back in high-school and even then you never saw a shirt more than like 16 bucks.

22 american dollars is too much for a t-shirt about my favorite cartoon program. I want to wear them not keep them as "collector's items".

TankHammer on
    edited August 2008
    I'd be all over these shirts if they were reasonably-priced. Hell, I used to be one of those douchebags who shopped at Hot Topic for gamer t-shirts back in high-school and even then you never saw a shirt more than like 16 bucks.

22 american dollars is too much for a t-shirt about my favorite cartoon program. I want to wear them not keep them as "collector's items".

Standard setup fees for custom shirts are between $18-$25, plus the cost of the shirt itself, plus shipping, plus labor. Since these are essentially custom shirts that they're only printing for the people who order them, this is a pretty reasonable price.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HEY HEY

I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN HERE

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I love 24 and 21

"No way, I got freaked out when I had to do that playing tomb raider".
    Poor, poor Scott Hall

Fedora on
    edited August 2008
    Favorite line from this one "

"I like the cut of this guys jib."
    "I like the cut of his hair"

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    oh god I love 24 and 21's awareness of the rules of the universe they inhabit

Skull Man on
    edited August 2008

Standard setup fees for custom shirts are between $18-$25, plus the cost of the shirt itself, plus shipping, plus labor. Since these are essentially custom shirts that they're only printing for the people who order them, this is a pretty reasonable price.

as a purchaser of a few of the shirts already I will say that they are higher quality than your average gamer shirt and very comfortable. The extra zennies are worth it.

Grath on
    edited August 2008
    Fabricate wrote: »
    Still can't order them.

he asked where he can find them, not order them.

besides I like rubbing things in peoples faces.

Grath on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, uh, I remember somebody pointed me at some website where they have all the Venture Bros episodes online

but I cannot seem to find it now

and I could really use some help

because I want to watch this show.

sarukun on
This discussion has been closed.