Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Profile Messenger Icons

TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
I know I personally don't look at the profiles very often, and I'm not sure how many people do, but it's still been bugging me that the messenger icons (AIM, MSN, etc.) are all wonky.

Rather than just whine about it though, I took a few minutes of my time and made pretty versions, if it pleases the great forum gods.

im_aim.gifim_msn.gifim_icq.gifim_skype.gifgtalk.png

wii.gifim_xbox.gifps.gif

For an example of what I'm talking about, this makes things go from this to this:
profpage.jpg

And also this to this:
profmenu.jpg

Just thought I'd contribute something. So, yeah, feel free to use them if y'like.

I used the same naming scheme as the existing ones for easy replacability, which is also why the Google Talk one is a PNG.

And I opted for the navy blue background rather than transparency because, as far as I could see, they only ever appeared on that color background, and it was much nicer to not have to worry about the aliasing of the edges.

Taximes on

• ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wow, that's really cool. Thanks!

Could you try your hand at making another GTalk one? It has a different shade of blue in the background that makes it look a bit off.

Älphämönkëy on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wow, that's really cool. Thanks!

Could you try your hand at making another GTalk one? It has a different shade of blue in the background that makes it look a bit off.
    Huh, I'm going to blame the .png extension for that. o_O

googletalkiconvo1.jpg this is the pic resaved and recoloured and saved as jpeg.

Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... ... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you're using PNG, why not use the transparent color?

ASimPerson on
    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PDT is not PST | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    OP wrote:
    And I opted for the navy blue background rather than transparency because, as far as I could see, they only ever appeared on that color background, and it was much nicer to not have to worry about the aliasing of the edges.

Aldo on
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    OP wrote:

Also, doesn't IE6 just display PNG transparencies as grey?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OP wrote:

I've experienced IE6 displaying PNG transparency as all sorts of different colors.

Peewi on
    Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    OP wrote:

I've experienced IE6 displaying PNG transparency as all sorts of different colors.

Aye, I guess in general it just does it wrong.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    IE7 does it right, though.

Daedalus on
  • TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Here's a gtalk gif just in case Aldo's jpg didn't work for some reason:

gtalk.gif

Taximes on
  • TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User
    edited August 2008
    That's actually pretty neat Taximes :^: :^:

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Haha wow. It's really noticable how much of a difference this is.

Good job.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2008
    Taximes: more awesome than most of us

Satan. on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    that looks so much better

thank you

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png