As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post your rooms!

MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNBREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
edited August 2008 in Social Entropy++
I mean I just want to see what everyone's rooms look like. Or, if you have a whole apartment, show me that! Or if you have a house, post that!

Anyway, this is my place:

Roomwhores01.JPG

Note the bookshelf hidden behind the entry door. It's so people don't think I read.

Roomwhores02.JPG

The shelf is filled with fine literature, of course

Roomwhores03.JPG

The bathroom! Note the nicely sized shower. Room for two, boys! :winky:

Roomwhores04.JPG

The bed, and an empty shelf (for Rachel's stuff!), and an empty TV shelf. Where is my TV, you ask?

Roomwhores05.JPG

Why, right by my computer, of course! The TV (on the left) also doubles as a monitor. Or at least it would if I could figure out how to do it.

Roomwhores06.JPG

Another picture of the shelves for some reason.

Roomwhores07.JPG

A shelf of computer games and also the entrance to my kitchen.

Roomwhores08.JPG

Kitchen table.

Roomwhores09.JPG

And the rest of the kitchen. This concludes our tour, please exit the way you entered.

Well, that's my room.What does yours look like?

Moriveth on

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Janson thread

NotASenator on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, hey, this is a new place.

Congrats. I've been out of the loop.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mori get a damn hamper you slob.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i have the strangest feeling of deja vu being negated by a overwhelming case of insomnia

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    nice pad. i'll get in on this when i get home. most of our stuff is put away, i guess. i don't count toys as messy though.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    my room is very far away but I finally get to sleep in my own bed on saturday (for two weeks before I go to school, anyway!)

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Doesn't contain instructions on how to break in. I'm disappointed.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mysst wrote: »
    Mori get a damn hamper you slob.

I have a hamper! It's in the closet (not pictured)

Moriveth on
  • Options
    DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, my apartment is embarrassingly lacking in furniture.

Defenestrator on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Also rocking dual monitors now. All I needed was a DVI to VGA converter and bam. The TV one isn't as sharp but still rad.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    CasperCasper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    I cannot wait until November and I have my own house.

my current residence is very lacking.

Casper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This place is actually smaller than my room, but I like the layout far better. I will probably get more shelving eventually, and will likely get rid of that big kitchen table because it creates a lot of dead space.

Also, that bed is really fucking nice, and it has drawers beneath it for storage!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    This place is actually smaller than my room, but I like the layout far better. I will probably get more shelving eventually, and will likely get rid of that big kitchen table because it creates a lot of dead space.

Also, that bed is really fucking nice, and it has drawers beneath it for storage!
    I think I'm going to look into one of those types of frames when I move out, since I'm getting the mattress but she's getting the frame.

Cause I don't like the frame.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I like how you have kept it messy so Janson has something to do when she comes to live there Mori.

Blake T on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    this is my apartment that I left a week ago
    IMG_6226.jpg

and here is my dorm room sophomore year
    room.jpg

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Nice pad.

weather man bob on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    moving up!

assuming you got the top bunk

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No way, I wouldn't have wanted to roll off onto my own computer. Also it meant I could punch my roommate in the back whenever his alarm went off.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why did you use a bunk?

weather man bob on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really love these threads. I suppose that makes me some sort of creepy voyeur. But hey, we all need our little hobbies.

Spoiler't for huge.
    cave1.jpg

The area under my bed, where I keep most of my computer games, my seductively comfortable chair, and a tiny robot that cleans my carpets for me. Since my old bed mostly had contraband Victoria Secret catalogs and lost Legos under it, this constitutes quite an improvement.

Note the paint color. The girl who lived in this apartment before me was some sort of godless hippie type. The paint doesn't actually glow in the dark, but it looks like it really wants to.

cave2.jpg

The chair in question. It's natural to be a little jealous. Don't fight it.

shelf1.jpg

My apartment is mostly a place to keep the rain off my books. If you don't look too closely at the titles this shot might make me look like a well-read person. Also, I highly recommend my open-air filing system for random crap.

shelf2.jpg

More books. While it may look like I've got a bunch of Terry Goodkind novels, this is in fact a clever ruse to stop people borrowing books from me. The assumption being that anyone with that many Sword of Truth books doesn't have anything worth borrowing. That entire section is actually a hand-painted cardboard box. Fooled you, though, didn't it?

Other items of interest: my Adventure Hat(tm), snazzy joysticks, and extremely timely and fashionable lava lamp.

Ladies.

shelf3.jpg

Yet more books. Also pictured: Horrible unnatural soda collection, Nancy Pearl action figure, and stack of clean handkerchiefs. You never know when you might need a dozen hankies in a hurry.

shelf4.jpg

The newest bookshelf. The top shelf is my current reading list. I'm hoping that this shelf lasts out the year without filling up, since it's absolutely the last place in this apartment where I can fit a shelf. I'm not too optimistic, though.

workstation.jpg

Top scientists have estimated that well over 99% of my posts originate from this general area. So the next time one of my expertly-crafted and evocative posts pushes you over the edge into full-blown sexual arousal, this should help solidify your fevered imaginings.

I've also got a kitchen and a walk-in closet/bathroom around here someplace, but that's for platinum members only. Sorry.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    nice hat

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I see two of the three Baroque Cycle books on your shelf. I think that makes up for any kind of literary travesty you might be harboring in there next to them.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    TardTard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I lived a year with furniture made out of old tomato and cucumber boxes duct tapes together.

My room smelt like a salad.

Tard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    I see two of the three Baroque Cycle books on your shelf. I think that makes up for any kind of literary travesty you might be harboring in there next to them.

And I've picked up the third volume since that picture was taken!

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm moving to a new place this weekend.
    A two bedroom + livingroom house.
    One bedroom will probably be locked though.
    But it's still a nice place with lots of space and a sauna. Beat that.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I need a roommate

anyone in halifax? el oh el

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Let me clean my room up a little and I will so do this

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    i am moving into a new dorm in what, five or six days. i'll post pictures then. or I could post pictures of the totally cool treehouse I am living in now.

so if I find myself in a dorm with beds that can be bunked, what should I do? the extra space could be nice, but it seems like having separate beds would just be suchsuchsuch a nice thing to have.

Shankusu on
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Im currently borrowing a room from my aunt and uncle.

My aunt loves pigs.

My room is covered in them.

There is no way you people are seeing that shit.

carriage return.

monsterror on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    friend of mine owns a pot bellied big

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So does my aunt.

She celebrates the day we found it as its birthday, and throws a party for the family for it.

We found it on my birthday.

monsterror on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    And she treats it like a dog, not a farm animal.

God I hate that thing.

monsterror on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    monsterror wrote: »
    So does my aunt.

She celebrates the day we found it as its birthday, and throws a party for the family for it.

We found it on my birthday.

Priceless.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I really love these threads. I suppose that makes me some sort of creepy voyeur. But hey, we all need our little hobbies.

Spoiler't for huge.
    cave1.jpg

The area under my bed, where I keep most of my computer games, my seductively comfortable chair, and a tiny robot that cleans my carpets for me. Since my old bed mostly had contraband Victoria Secret catalogs and lost Legos under it, this constitutes quite an improvement.

Note the paint color. The girl who lived in this apartment before me was some sort of godless hippie type. The paint doesn't actually glow in the dark, but it looks like it really wants to.

cave2.jpg

The chair in question. It's natural to be a little jealous. Don't fight it.

shelf1.jpg

My apartment is mostly a place to keep the rain off my books. If you don't look too closely at the titles this shot might make me look like a well-read person. Also, I highly recommend my open-air filing system for random crap.

shelf2.jpg

More books. While it may look like I've got a bunch of Terry Goodkind novels, this is in fact a clever ruse to stop people borrowing books from me. The assumption being that anyone with that many Sword of Truth books doesn't have anything worth borrowing. That entire section is actually a hand-painted cardboard box. Fooled you, though, didn't it?

Other items of interest: my Adventure Hat(tm), snazzy joysticks, and extremely timely and fashionable lava lamp.

Ladies.

shelf3.jpg

Yet more books. Also pictured: Horrible unnatural soda collection, Nancy Pearl action figure, and stack of clean handkerchiefs. You never know when you might need a dozen hankies in a hurry.

shelf4.jpg

The newest bookshelf. The top shelf is my current reading list. I'm hoping that this shelf lasts out the year without filling up, since it's absolutely the last place in this apartment where I can fit a shelf. I'm not too optimistic, though.

workstation.jpg

Top scientists have estimated that well over 99% of my posts originate from this general area. So the next time one of my expertly-crafted and evocative posts pushes you over the edge into full-blown sexual arousal, this should help solidify your fevered imaginings.

I've also got a kitchen and a walk-in closet/bathroom around here someplace, but that's for platinum members only. Sorry.

That's the most cobbled together mess I've ever seen

I love it

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My place is totally a mess right now and not fit for human eyes.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    2000 most challenging and obscure words.

I want it.

monsterror on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I want it.

also reprinted as "words to look smart on the internet"

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Monsterror does your aunt's place have a ton of fleas? The people I knew that kept pigs in hte house had fleas like crazy.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Actually, no, oddly enough.

It has its own room, though.

monsterror on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wren wrote: »

I want it.

also reprinted as "words to look smart on the internet"

Actually I bought it off the bargain rack so that my friends and I could play the Dictionary Game with it on road trips. Sort of a stripped-down version of Balderdash.

Looking smart on the internet is merely a fortunate side effect.

tKoshian: Which poster?

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg