As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Level 20's on] - Guys don't flirt with my sister please - Guild Wars

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nocren wrote: »
    You know something, my monk is so broken... I think I should probably delete her. At the very least, you can go ahead and remove her from this list.
    You can't really "break" characters, can you? I mean, you can pretty much respec all your stats, and by the end of the game you can change secondary class at will.
    eric. wrote: »
    can i play with you guys? I have nightfall, but not prophecies...
    I think you have to have prophecies to do prophecies PvE. I do hope we eventually get around to casual PvP (does that even exist in this game?), which is global and/or the other episodes, though.

Frem on
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I agree with the above post, and Nocren, are you still going to bring your Warrior/Ranger out? Because if not I need to find a 4th.

Right now It's Myself, a friend, Frem, and you. Later on in the game the group sizes go up to 6 and then 8 so we can bring more and I'll increase the sign up list

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, I'll be there on Sunday. And once we either finish Prophecies or get to the docks, we can do Factions/Nightfall missions...

Just a thought...

And my monk is broken... I mean do you know of a decent Mo/Ne build? Originally she was a healer with pets but that didn't turn out too well. Though on the plus side, I did get her two birthday presents. So maybe I'll keep her around and just inactive. Besides, because of her I got a shitload of gold and materials and even a couple of enhancement salvage.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Guild names... is The Regents of Lost Ascalon taken yet?
    And my monk is broken... I mean do you know of a decent Mo/Ne build? Originally she was a healer with pets but that didn't turn out too well. Though on the plus side, I did get her two birthday presents. So maybe I'll keep her around and just inactive. Besides, because of her I got a shitload of gold and materials and even a couple of enhancement salvage.
    From what I've seen, builds don't matter so much in PvE. Worst comes to worst, I've heard that it's OK to just ignore your secondary class on your first run through the game. You can always swap to something else later in the game.

I've found a few guides for Mo/Nec, but they're all old and probably obsolete. In general, it looks like you want to focus on your Divine Favour, Healing Prayers and Blood Magic lines. Sacrificing HP for MP, which is then used for healing seems like a decently solid plan; that's how I played Ritualist during my Factions trial.

Frem on
    edited July 2008
    There's an idea...
    Also, as I mentioned I know that the Kansas City Hot Steppers is the official unoffical PA Guild... however it looks like I've been the only one that's logged in for the past week. 2 others have logged in within 5 and 6 days and after that...
    Let me say this, the KCHS officers haven't logged in for somewhere between 2 months to a year.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited July 2008
    I've got an old guild I made set up, I'l invite everyone Sunday.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
  • a Ferreta Ferret 360 Dunk from Half Court Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, already have your 4 yea? I'll head through the 4-group content solo, then.

a Ferret on
    Battle.net Polite#1852 | 3DS 2681-0927-8518 | Steam
  • omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sadly I am not going to be able to join the guild, I dont know if this will effect me running with you guys, but I am in a small guild already and have been for almost the three years I have been playing this.

I still do want to run with yalls.

Also if you need materials and stuff and this will be allowed, my main Shiori Flame Queen has plenty of mats for starter armor and what not.

omega71 on
    edited August 2008
    a Ferret wrote: »
    Oh, already have your 4 yea? I'll head through the 4-group content solo, then.

I'll be resetting the sign up list per-mission, so you can go ahead and run the first mission if you want but as of now it's first come first serve so just tell me in-game/in the fourms and I'll sign you up for the next one.

It's not got a time or date yet tho.

And Omega, you can still run with us, it's fine.

And the starter mats would be appreciated too, when I quit this game two years ago I gave away my all my stuff.

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    So in order to kill time and not outlevel the group, I'm exploring the North with Sister Nocturn.
    I like the little zone buff they have
    "Journey to the North - Don't Stop Believing. Your courage makes up for any lack of skill. For all intents and purposes, you're a level 20 now."

Of course, I'm paraphrasing but the first two lines are right there.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Doesn't Eye of the North pretty much just throw out XP like it's nothing? Might want to be careful with that.

Frem on
    edited August 2008
    Like I said, I'm using my monk. For this group, I'm using my warrior. So I'm using the monk for the Hall stuff as well as resource farming (materials, gold, rare parts)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hey guys- are people still active? if so, i'll play..i haven't played an MMORPG before!`

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
    edited August 2008
    Well, we will be active tomorrow, I presume.
    What is your characters Name/Class/Subclass/Level?

Frem on
    edited August 2008
    I don't own the game yet. Should i just buy the first pack of it?

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • AndorienAndorien Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    kaliyama wrote: »
    hey guys- are people still active? if so, i'll play..i haven't played an MMORPG before!`

Before you rush out and buy the game, understand the GW is not really an MMORPG, at least not in the classic sense. I suggest you go read some reviews, as it's a little different than other online games.

Andorien on
    edited August 2008
    Andorien wrote: »

Before you rush out and buy the game, understand the GW is not really an MMORPG, at least not in the classic sense. I suggest you go read some reviews, as it's a little different than other online games.

yeah, it seems less grindy...

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • AndorienAndorien Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Andorien wrote: »

yeah, it seems less grindy...

It is. Level 20 cap, with a lot more focus on PvP.

Andorien on
    edited August 2008
    Yeah... the MM (Massive Multiplayer) portion tends to be the PvP while the PvE (anything not against another player) is more like a single player RPG where you can play through the missions with some friends. It's good if you don't like people as the only time you have to deal with them is in towns. Outside of town the whole world is your own little instance which means that you're the only one player(s) there.

Would Diablo 2-like be a fair comparison here for the champaign stuff?

Edit: RE: Guild stuff....

I'm going to track down who the current leader of the Kansas City Hotsteppers is and see if I can get control of the Guild from them. Unless Toxin, you're really set on making a whole new guild.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Yeah... the MM (Massive Multiplayer) portion tends to be the PvP while the PvE (anything not against another player) is more like a single player RPG where you can play through the missions with some friends. It's good if you don't like people as the only time you have to deal with them is in towns. Outside of town the whole world is your own little instance which means that you're the only one player(s) there.

Would Diablo 2-like be a fair comparison here for the champaign stuff?

Edit: RE: Guild stuff....

I'm going to track down who the current leader of the Kansas City Hotsteppers is and see if I can get control of the Guild from them. Unless Toxin, you're really set on making a whole new guild.

It's cool, I'd like a spot of power (Lol), tho. Since I'm kinda leading this all ATM.

IT looks like everyone is coming out. I'll reset the list after we run however many missions we get done Sunday.

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    Bad news... both me and Harsh(language) have been trying to track down the officers (which haven't logged in over a couple months. so it looks like we're SoL on that guild thing.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    IT's cool. We'll talk it over tommorow.

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    6:30 pm EST, right?
    So that's.... 4... 3:30 PST.
    I'll be there.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    You know, if you're going to keep updating the OP with our (mis-)adventures, you might actually put the RP into this MMORPG.

Also, by luck, with Ken I learned about the Survivor badge/title. Think I'll make it to 20 without dying?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    You know, if you're going to keep updating the OP with our (mis-)adventures, you might actually put the RP into this MMORPG.

Also, by luck, with Ken I learned about the Survivor badge/title. Think I'll make it to 20 without dying?

Stick with me and we'll do just fine ;).

And yeah, I get bored and like to keep the OP updated with our group.

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    Are we going to use Ventrilo or anything for this?

Frem on
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I uh, may be an officer of KCHS, but I've not played in ages. I think mumbly gave up leadership a bit before I quit, but honestly I can't remember what happened.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2008
    Frem wrote: »
    Are we going to use Ventrilo or anything for this?

Not as of now.

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    Doublepost:

Everyone just shoot me a whisper when you get on, I'll add you to my friendslist and send you an invite.

Toxin01 on
  • omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ok I had some computer probs the past two days or so..reformatted and what not.

I will be sitting I Omegablack I out of the game since he is still level 3 and in Pre.

I sent a tell to Smite and told him the same thing I am gonna tell all yalls..

I have some crafting mats that I am happy to give out, not a fuckton of them, but possibly enough to get you started on new armor.

Give a tell to Shiori Flame Queen and see if I have stuff you need.

omega71 on
    edited August 2008
    edit- double post

I have in my storage an

Aeromancer Insignia for an Elementalist,

Disciples Insignia for a Monk

46 bones, 91 iron ingots, 69 tan hide squares, 5 scales, 24 chitin frags, 16 bolts of cloth, 70 wood planks, 6 granite slabs, 9 plant fibers, 17 feathers, and a few straggling random mats..

If you need those let me know

omega71 on
    edited August 2008
    OP Updated

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    Pics or it didn't happen

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Pics or it didn't happen

Pics in Ascalon spoiler

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    Anyway, as I was saying, I'm on the west coast so anything after 5pm works for me.
    Of course, that makes things around 8pm your time...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Anyway, as I was saying, I'm on the west coast so anything after 5pm works for me.
    Of course, that makes things around 8pm your time...

Check out the current time and just LMK if your in and I'll sign you up.

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    Ow, my clipping! Screenshot needs more of the front of our heads next time. I'd take some, but it looks some much prettier on your presumably not integrated graphics card. ;-)

Frem on
    edited August 2008
    What was that "No-UI screenshot" command again? Me thinks that everyone involved should probably take a couple of screens.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    What was that "No-UI screenshot" command again? Me thinks that everyone involved should probably take a couple of screens.

Uh, shift and h and ctrl I think.

Two spots open for Wensday still

Toxin01 on
    edited August 2008
    6pm (my time) might work for me... I'll keep you posted.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.