Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WoW] WoTLK beta, let's meet up!

2»

Posts

  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Oh my god that kalimdor one

    That she-tauren with the wildfury greatstaff looks exactly like my druid

    :o :o :o

    your druid is a she?

    we can't be friends anymore

    I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME

    (dibs on the car)

    Ledneh on
    Kadith wrote: »
    how do i get off [the bus], do i just start screaming
    well that'll get me off at least.
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    i am taking 3/4ths of this pile of the breakfast club soundtrack vinyls you kept

    wait a minute

    Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    i am taking 3/4ths of this pile of the breakfast club soundtrack vinyls you kept

    wait a minute

    You loved a furry.

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Huh. I do like the night elf and the troll. The rest of those are.. huh.

    In fact, the troll looks like some shit out of Vandal Hearts. That's why I like it.

    artifexite on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Night Elf doesn't look like a complete bimbo now. The Blood Elf on the other hand...

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • -Bramble-Bramble Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I saw a thread on the general forums a couple of days ago where the op claims that no opt-ins have gotten invited yet. He says only people with keys so far are those who have received one through some special event or through having the right connections. Can anyone confirm/deny this? I'd go back and check again but the thundering amount of stupid there made my nose bleed a little.

    -Bramble on
  • RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Damn you all, I can't access my email I used to register and can't change it. Grr and such.

    Please oh god give me a key

    I'm in the same boat. :(

    Rizzi on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Damn you all, I can't access my email I used to register and can't change it. Grr and such.

    Please oh god give me a key

    I'm in the same boat. :(

    If you call customer support, and answer a bunch of questions about your account and personal info they'll change it without you having to access the current email account. This can include some of your payment details.

    Junpei on
  • -SPI--SPI- Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The confusing (and awesome) addition of Alexi Barov is the only thing I like in the new Eastern Kingdoms loading screen.

    -SPI- on
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i can just hear that gnome saying "i keeeeeeeeel you"

    Tav on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well this thread veered off.

    IMO just /join pennyarcade on whatever beta server/faction you end up on. I prefer PVE for PTR/beta servers but my stupid guildmates already leveled to 75 on the PVP server, so I'll probably be there when I actually get around to leveling.

    riz on
    Organichu wrote:
    she's some sort of malevolent creature who bores through this world into the next using hatred and suffering as her fuel
  • TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    i can just hear that gnome saying "i keeeeeeeeel you"

    I actually have a macro like that. :<

    TheSkyIsBurning on
  • XaboraXabora Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Ardhavara - Northrend
    :D

    Xabora on
  • TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    Xabora wrote: »
    Ardhavara - Northrend
    :D

    What faction?

    TheSkyIsBurning on
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tenebrae and Caedere on Lich King, Hordside for me.

    Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    Caedere wrote: »
    Tenebrae and Caedere on Lich King, Hordside for me.

    Added! We should quest sometime! Are you in a guild yet?

    TheSkyIsBurning on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So how's the WOTLK music?

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »
    So how's the WOTLK music?

    During my brief trip to Northrend, I was outstanded by Borean Tundra's music. I'm actually playing my Death Knight more than my main, trying to get it to 68 so I can quest on it in Northrend.

    TheSkyIsBurning on
  • DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hell I have a friend who's hubby works for ol blizzaroo too and she got me in the BC beta, but she hasn't managed to get her mits on WotLK ones, so if you do have a hook up, they must be good ones! Kudos and enjoy!

    Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

    SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2008
    Delias wrote: »
    Hell I have a friend who's hubby works for ol blizzaroo too and she got me in the BC beta, but she hasn't managed to get her mits on WotLK ones, so if you do have a hook up, they must be good ones! Kudos and enjoy!

    I'm sure she will be able to soon!

    TheSkyIsBurning on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FF wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Little Jim wrote: »
    i hate everybody that is getting in

    hate hate hate

    give me a beta code you motherfuckers
    It's been 2 pages without this!

    Fuga on
  • XaboraXabora Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Xabora wrote: »
    Ardhavara - Northrend
    :D

    What faction?

    Sissy Alliance.
    Sorry forgot to put that in.

    Xabora on
  • pollofacepolloface Registered User
    edited August 2008
    shamalama - northrend, alliance

    polloface on
  • JPSJPS Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I think most, if not all, of the new load-in art is from Korean artists, specifically the guy that did the Sunwell comic (which, regardless of how it's marketed, was not fucking manga; the artist wasn't Japanese, the writer wasn't Japanese, the content wasn't Japanese, even the publisher wasn't Japanese; I bet you couldn't even buy it in Japan without importing it, and there's nothing wrong with that).
    omega71 wrote: »
    So quick question.

    I opted in for the NA version, and havent heard anything yet.

    Is this the EU beta that you are all playing or the NA, and if it is the NA am I pretty much screwed out of playing now?

    No, the NA and EU beta do not share the same realms. I know this for a fact because my friend across the pond does not have the same server options as I do (two beta servers in NA, PvP and PvE, Lich King and Northrend, if I remember correctly, for my choices; she had neither of those).
    -Bramble wrote: »
    I saw a thread on the general forums a couple of days ago where the op claims that no opt-ins have gotten invited yet. He says only people with keys so far are those who have received one through some special event or through having the right connections. Can anyone confirm/deny this? I'd go back and check again but the thundering amount of stupid there made my nose bleed a little.

    I have not heard of a single substantiated confirmation of an opt-in making it into the beta. Every single person I know who is in got in through Blizzard contacts, Alpha grandfathering, WWI + Blizzcon codes, or some other special way (many prominent people got personal invites from Blizzard, like certain modders, a couple high profile guilds, tournament winners, etc.).

    When opt-in e-mails start going out: you'll know. There will be no "maybe;" there will be a flood of people getting into the beta. Just like TBC beta, there'll be a period a little later where they'll want to put more stress on the servers and invite a mass amount of people; that's where the opt-in comes into play.

    That might not come for a while though, because the servers are pretty bad at the moment and there's only a handful of us playing. Lag and crashes plague the servers. Opt-in invites would simply make it unplayable.

    I will say this about the beta though: mainhanding Cat's Edge and offhanding Jin'Rokh is pretty amusing, graphically anyway.
    Delias wrote: »
    Hell I have a friend who's hubby works for ol blizzaroo too and she got me in the BC beta, but she hasn't managed to get her mits on WotLK ones, so if you do have a hook up, they must be good ones! Kudos and enjoy!

    They gave out fewer Friends & Family keys for the alpha this time around it seems. There weren't any employee beta keys specifically like there were in TBC; in TBC all GMs got a few keys. Most of the people in the beta now that weren't in the F&F generally got it from WWI or Blizzcon 07 (the "mystery" beta test that everyone thought would be SC2). However, many, if not all, GMs got free tickets from Blizzcon/WWI so they all have these beta keys.

    JPS on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Last time I got 3 invites on the same email account - but this time they are being a little more careful I see. Which is probably a good thing as I've quit

    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    JPS wrote: »
    I think most, if not all, of the new load-in art is from Korean artists, specifically the guy that did the Sunwell comic (which, regardless of how it's marketed, was not fucking manga; the artist wasn't Japanese, the writer wasn't Japanese, the content wasn't Japanese, even the publisher wasn't Japanese; I bet you couldn't even buy it in Japan without importing it, and there's nothing wrong with that).
    omega71 wrote: »
    So quick question.

    I opted in for the NA version, and havent heard anything yet.

    Is this the EU beta that you are all playing or the NA, and if it is the NA am I pretty much screwed out of playing now?

    No, the NA and EU beta do not share the same realms. I know this for a fact because my friend across the pond does not have the same server options as I do (two beta servers in NA, PvP and PvE, Lich King and Northrend, if I remember correctly, for my choices; she had neither of those).
    -Bramble wrote: »
    I saw a thread on the general forums a couple of days ago where the op claims that no opt-ins have gotten invited yet. He says only people with keys so far are those who have received one through some special event or through having the right connections. Can anyone confirm/deny this? I'd go back and check again but the thundering amount of stupid there made my nose bleed a little.

    I have not heard of a single substantiated confirmation of an opt-in making it into the beta. Every single person I know who is in got in through Blizzard contacts, Alpha grandfathering, WWI + Blizzcon codes, or some other special way (many prominent people got personal invites from Blizzard, like certain modders, a couple high profile guilds, tournament winners, etc.).

    When opt-in e-mails start going out: you'll know. There will be no "maybe;" there will be a flood of people getting into the beta. Just like TBC beta, there'll be a period a little later where they'll want to put more stress on the servers and invite a mass amount of people; that's where the opt-in comes into play.

    That might not come for a while though, because the servers are pretty bad at the moment and there's only a handful of us playing. Lag and crashes plague the servers. Opt-in invites would simply make it unplayable.

    I will say this about the beta though: mainhanding Cat's Edge and offhanding Jin'Rokh is pretty amusing, graphically anyway.
    Delias wrote: »
    Hell I have a friend who's hubby works for ol blizzaroo too and she got me in the BC beta, but she hasn't managed to get her mits on WotLK ones, so if you do have a hook up, they must be good ones! Kudos and enjoy!

    They gave out fewer Friends & Family keys for the alpha this time around it seems. There weren't any employee beta keys specifically like there were in TBC; in TBC all GMs got a few keys. Most of the people in the beta now that weren't in the F&F generally got it from WWI or Blizzcon 07 (the "mystery" beta test that everyone thought would be SC2). However, many, if not all, GMs got free tickets from Blizzcon/WWI so they all have these beta keys.

    That's how it would appear. With all the beta info floating about I wouldn't even care if I got in, IF it wasn't for the fact that I intend on taking a week or two off work on release to race to be the first Lv 80 DK on Blade's Edge, so I wanted to familiarize myself with quest locations....

    Hey don't look at me like that! They even put an achievement in for it.....granted no points for it, but it's still there!

    Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

    SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The new load art is ugly, what the hell. It's animeish..

    Fuga on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You must be blind, the Northrend one isn't anime-like at all, neither is the Kalimdor one. The only races on Eastern Kingdoms that might count would be Blood Elves, even the Gnome doesn't have an anime look.

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • redfenixredfenix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i'd love an invite, if there's one to be had

    redfenix on
  • SandWolfSandWolf Registered User
    edited August 2008
    We'd all love invites.

    SandWolf on
  • redfenixredfenix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    well, i would as well

    redfenix on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If someone would kindly get the WOTLK music into a zip that'd be super. :winky:

    If this is against the rules I'm sorry.

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • SandWolfSandWolf Registered User
    edited August 2008
    There's no NDA on the WOTLK beta, we can share whatever, as far as I know.

    SandWolf on
  • SandWolfSandWolf Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I'll try extracting all these files and get them uploaded for ya.

    Edit: Annnd uploading.

    Using Rapidshare, I hope that isn't a problem.

    SandWolf on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SandWolf wrote: »
    I'll try extracting all these files and get them uploaded for ya.

    Edit: Annnd uploading.

    Using Rapidshare, I hope that isn't a problem.

    Nope that's just fine thanks! :D

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • SandWolfSandWolf Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Cool.

    Unfortunately my upload seems to be going at... 40kb/s. So it's gonna take about 45 minutes.

    While I'm waiting, I'm going to listen to this sexy music!

    SandWolf on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SandWolf wrote: »
    Cool.

    Unfortunately my upload seems to be going at... 40kb/s. So it's gonna take about 45 minutes.

    While I'm waiting, I'm going to listen to this sexy music!

    :x

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • SandWolfSandWolf Registered User
    edited August 2008
    SandWolf on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SandWolf wrote: »

    Woo! Thank you for the quality Blizzard music! :D

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
Sign In or Register to comment.