As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FINAL BYOC INFO! ALL BYOC ATTENDEES PLEASE READ!

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    altmann wrote: »
    Man, if we could only have booze in BYOC.... I can see some epic drinking games.
    Lobo-2T.jpg

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Don't encourage people to sneak booze into PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Trying to piss off BigRed = not cool

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah... no booze.

If one of the water backpack things comes in. I will deputize moe to taste the contents to detect booze :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What if my case-mod is a giant booze flask?

WHAT IF I'M USING JAMESON TO LIQUID COOL MY SYSTEM?!

WHAT THEN?!

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    I will deputize moe to taste the contents to detect booze :P

I'm gonna buy one and fill it with maple syrup just for you Moe.

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    Yeah... no booze.

If one of the water backpack things comes in. I will deputize moe to taste the contents to detect booze :P

And if I find booze, the backpack gets confiscated back to my hotel room.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2008
    Hey on a more serious note, and maybe khoo/big red can answer:

Since you switched the format of byoc registration, what is the likelihood of having a full house? Also, what is the total size again and how much bigger than last year is it?

Thanks.

altmann on

signature.png
    edited July 2008
    Likelihood of having a full house is high. I very doubt there will be many Day of byoc seat sales this year but one can always try...

Size is the exact same as last year (325 seats which can be expanded to 340 if *everyone* shows up, but that never happens), nothing has changed in that regard :P

BigRed on
  • PrivateNewbiePrivateNewbie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Likelihood of having a full house is high. I very doubt there will be many Day of byoc seat sales this year but one can always try...

Size is the exact same as last year (325 seats which can be expanded to 340 if *everyone* shows up, but that never happens), nothing has changed in that regard :P

Gimme' a break. Full house? Have decades of lanning taught you nothing?

PrivateNewbie on
    edited July 2008
    They changed the entire registration process so that more ppl would show up (registering 45 days before, as opposed to like 90-120 days before...)

I expect to see a more well-rounded BYOC than ever before...

altmann on

signature.png
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ok, looking back over the stats for this year, I see it's 7 from MI. I know of Cyn, Yosh, Me and Thanda... but who are the other 3?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited August 2008
    A friend of mine still has not received his paper ticket for BYOC even though he registered on the same day that i did... Who might he contact about that?

altmann on

signature.png
    edited August 2008
    altmann wrote: »
    A friend of mine still has not received his paper ticket for BYOC even though he registered on the same day that i did... Who might he contact about that?

call up brown paper tickets.

BigRed on
    edited August 2008
    BigRed on
  • magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Can anyone reccomend a good pair of headphones for BYOC

magiic on
  • Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    magiic wrote: »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106157

I have the older 150's. These look the same and I bet they sound the same. The mic is very good! They are insanely comfortable. I was shopping for ones that cup over your ear, these sit on top of your ear but sound just as good. You would be very happy with them.

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    got these off ebay for $25, and they're the best i've ever used. granted, i haven't used extremely expensive ones, but for the price, i believe they can't be beat.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for the tips guys keep them coming. Just for the record my budget is $100 give or take

magiic on
  • PrivateNewbiePrivateNewbie Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    got these off ebay for $25, and they're the best i've ever used. granted, i haven't used extremely expensive ones, but for the price, i believe they can't be beat.

I'd be careful about those; for I found them to be the most uncomfortable headphones to have ever graced my ears. They're designed in such a way that they go behind your head and all the pressure is put on your ears... not cool.

However, they might work for some people.

PrivateNewbie on
  • Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just for the record my budget is $100 give or take

In that case, don't skimp on some logitechs. I'm sure that is a nice headset. In fact, my friend has them and seems to like them. But, if that is your budget, use it! Don't go for Bose. Yes, their headsets sound great and these gave me a little chub when I listened to them in the store, but damn I am not gonna make effing payments on a headset and neither should you. :P

I say do some research and them buy some Sennhisers, lol.

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
    edited August 2008
    I enjoy my Logitech USB headset. Good sound, good mic, it's a logitech. And it only cost me $40 when I bought it. Qs23 and lordthanda both have the same headset as well, and I believe they also like it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TacoChiefTacoChief Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Im looking to buy a BYOC pass, willing to pay slightly more than you paid for it. So if anyone decided they arent gonna want their pass pm me please. Thanks!

TacoChief on
    edited August 2008
    So... I say this every year but im going to try and bash it into your heads again this year.

When BYOC reg goes live....
    BUY THE TICKET RIGHT THEN!

last year it took roughly a month for byoc to sell out. This year, with the same sized space, it took 2 weeks to sell out.

BigRed on
    edited August 2008
    So... I say this every year but im going to try and bash it into your heads again this year.

last year it took roughly a month for byoc to sell out. This year, with the same sized space, it took 2 weeks to sell out.

Only reason I want one now is for the WoW tourney which was announced long after BYOC sold out....

TacoChief on
    edited August 2008
    FYI: theres been a wow tourney every year since 06 :P

BigRed on
    edited August 2008
    Honestly, I don't know why people want to play WoW at PAX. There's so much shit to do.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008
    FYI: theres been a wow tourney every year since 06 :P

All of the WoW tourneys previous to this one have not been good. They have been run around and take screen shots and that sort of garbage.... this year its actual arena so its skill based / competitive.
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't know why people want to play WoW at PAX. There's so much shit to do.

Just like they would do any other tournament...

TacoChief on
    edited August 2008
    Yeah I guess. I don't really do tournaments at PAX. I'm not good enough at any particular game to warrant that huge a chunk of time out of my PAX weekend.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008
    Yeah I guess. I don't really do tournaments at PAX. I'm not good enough at any particular game to warrant that huge a chunk of time out of my PAX weekend.

Yeah its only for some people :) I personally enjoy competitive gaming very much and try and get tourneys in whenever I can between other things.

TacoChief on
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I think you are forgetting that some people don't decide they want something until after it is sold out. As Tacochief pointed out, he wasn't interested until a WOW arena tournament was announced. Similarly, last year I didn't want to do BYOC at first, then I ended up getting a new computer like 3 weeks before PAX and thought that I would love to do a LAN all the sudden. Of course it had been long-since sold out, so I decided to look for a pass on the forums.

I'm not sure why that's so complicated, and I don't think the way you pointed it out was very nice. Just my 2 cents. Let the flames roll in now.

TrainwreckX on
    edited August 2008
    Holy crap, BigRed wasn't very nice. Quick, somebody call the press!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008

I never said it was atypical behavior. I just get irritated when I still see it. I have known BigRed since well before the first PAX, I know how he is. He can generally be a very helpful and knowledgeable dude when he wants to be.

As a security admin I would think he should be helpful and cordial at all times. As I would expect from all forum moderators, PAX enforcers, etc. Even though you guys are volunteers, I see you as representing a really awesome event with what I would hope would be good customer service. You'll recall a few threads from last year when I pointed this out. Nothing new.

And no, Moe, I'm not roping you into this. I'm just saying in general I would expect everyone act the same.

TrainwreckX on
    edited August 2008

Ive found in general that none of the moderators are very nice, and seem to think that their power over a forum somehow makes them godly...

TacoChief on
    edited August 2008
    BigRed isn't a moderator.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008

But big red is a volunteer for PAX making him a PAX employee which means he should at least be nice to people in general and not act like a smart ass to someone he doesn't even know.

TacoChief on
  • Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    TacoChief wrote: »

Ive found in general that none of the moderators are very nice, and seem to think that their power over a forum somehow makes them godly...

And I've found exactly the opposite, and can link you to thousands of posts to back that up. Hm. Strange.

Royale Wih Cheese on
    edited August 2008

Yeah... Red's not a moderator. Moe and Zig are the only ones I actively see, and I don't have a beef with them.

TrainwreckX on
    edited August 2008

But big red is a volunteer for PAX making him a PAX employee which means he should at least be nice to people in general and not act like a smart ass to someone he doesn't even know.

Man, you really don't know BigRed. Also, he's known Trainwreckx for long before PAX, so does that mean he's off the hook for this one?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008

And I've found exactly the opposite, and can link you to thousands of posts to back that up. Hm. Strange.

Admitting yourself to be a brown noser doesnt mean that it doesnt happen.

TacoChief on
This discussion has been closed.