As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do lots of coke and vote for Ronald Reagan!

15678911»

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    god the 80's were so awful
    The 80's might have been garish and silly and almost completely unrehabilitatable, but goddamn it was fun.

How can you hate a decade that made songs like this?

The 80's weren't any better or worse than any other decade. And, even at it's worst, at least the 80's didn't give us Vietnam-- thank you very much, 1960's.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    At least with our current war we don't have hippies yelling at the soldiers coming back and calling them baby killers.

Rinder on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    At least with our current war we don't have hippies yelling at the soldiers coming back and calling them baby killers.

we outsourced that job to the iraqis

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't know about you guys, but I miss the NLF. There was an enemy you could hate. Eyeball to eyeball, now that's fucking combat.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fallout wrote: »

I think we also outsourced campus riots/activism as well. Berkely in the 60's was a sight to behold.

Rinder on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

I think we also outsourced campus riots/activism as well. Berkely in the 60's was a sight to behold.

way before my time

i can't imagine students in a college today collectively giving a shit about much

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

way before my time

i can't imagine students in a college today collectively giving a shit about much

My dad went to Berkely during that time when activists took over the school.
    It was crazy. Yeah we are an apathetic bunch these days.

Rinder on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There's a problem today. You start some kind of rally, let's say it's a rally to pursue alternative fuel sources.

Within minutes you've got a group that wants to turn it into an anti-Bush rally, another group that wants to talk about civil rights, another that wants to turn it into a debate about Katrina and a bunch of people yelling that 9/11 was a conspiracy.

People don't know shit about protesting anymore because everyone wants to be the man with the megaphone and the message and nobody else wants to do any work.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ivar on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    god the 80's were so awful
    The 80's might have been garish and silly and almost completely unrehabilitatable, but goddamn it was fun.

How can you hate a decade that made songs like this?

The 80's weren't any better or worse than any other decade. And, even at it's worst, at least the 80's didn't give us Vietnam-- thank you very much, 1960's.

but the 60s had good music and movements and stuff

there is nothing good to come from the 80s really, except me maybe, but several of you here would disagree

tugga on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8

weather man bob on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bill_&_Ted.jpg

Be excellent to eachother.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Bill_&_Ted.jpg

Be excellent to eachother.

the bit in the shopping mall is one of my favorite parts of any movie.

I have no idea why, it makes me giggle like a child.

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8

I love this ad.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    watch?v=lnScL6o8Egs

weather man bob on
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't care what anyone says....

Macgyver was a badass.

BoredGamer on