As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

**PRE-PAX 2008 DINNER: THANKS AND AFTERMATH**

• AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Definitely a meal to conclude a 2-day drive. You should add that menu into the OP.

Done and done 8-).

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That sounds AWESOME!!!!!

magiic on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Astayonix wrote: »
    Whytmage wrote: »
    What is the count up to now? (or where can we find it instead of asking you?)

We're currently up to 45% of total tickets sold (89 RSVPs). :)

It's getting close to the event, but thankfully, I talked to the catering company and they said we can take RSVPs up until the day before (August 27th, 2008 by 8:00pm). So, due to that, I just went back into the system and extended the cut-off date! That way, those who are waiting to find out about travel plans have up until the day before the dinner to RSVP. :winky:

Sadly, you won't be able to pay at the door still since the catering company will have done all their shopping and cooking by then and will be focusing on serving.

Phew, fantastic! That's good news... hopefully people who were on the fence will be able to choose to go (PLEASE go if you're thinking about it - it's going to be great!) with that bit of extra time to decide.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hopefully people who were on the fence will be able to choose to go (PLEASE go if you're thinking about it - it's going to be great!) with that bit of extra time to decide.

Yes! I'm excited and cannot wait! Also, for those of us who are international and need to pick up our PAX passes, would there be time before dinner? How long does it take to get there by the SLUT or bus or wtv from PAX itself and do we want to arrive very early?

RowdyTheDog on
  • HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well I didn't expect an actual menu. That's awesome news :D My mouth is already watering thinking about it.

Hammy on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sounds like an out standing catering service, they seem real eager to please.

redhalo on
  • TwiztidKTwiztidK Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I totally wish I could go.

TwiztidK on
    edited August 2008
    Whats going to be available drink wise?

magiic on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pop.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to be on the train and can't make it, but when I get paid I'm purchasing a ticket anyway.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh god I'm all hungry now.
    and it's 2 AM.
    damn. Can't wait for this dinner =D

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is i bad that I'm drooling all over my desk right now after looking at the menu.

When it's a little over three weeks away

JonnyNero on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, that menu is hot. I hadn't really thought about it until it was posted, then I thought to myself "this is what happens when you put foodies in charge of dinner planning." This dinner will be the best I eat all weekend.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    magiic wrote: »
    Whats going to be available drink wise?

We've always intended to just get several bulk sets of cans of soda from Costco. Maybe some Bawls if we can find it (I've heard tales of it at Costco Business Centers of all places).

As I've mentioned before, we can't have alcohol without tons of extra insurance, licensing fees, extra staff, not to mention the cost of the booze itself, and the event has been expensive enough as it is.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Besides, the dinner ends in time to meet up with the second half of the Pre-PAX Pub Crawl

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to be on the train and can't make it, but when I get paid I'm purchasing a ticket anyway.

+ $30
    - $0 of Food Budget

= Win!

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited August 2008
    It's not bawls but it's decent, Costco (atleast here anyways) has 24 flats of Red Rave for $15. I'm good with pretty much anything I was just curious how it was working out.

magiic on
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just signed up ^.^

ACC3SS on
    edited August 2008
    magiic wrote: »
    It's not bawls but it's decent, Costco (atleast here anyways) has 24 flats of Red Rave for $15. I'm good with pretty much anything I was just curious how it was working out.

If I can't get Bawls there probably won't be anything in the 'energy drinks' department. It's hard to find ones that have wide appeal.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited August 2008
    I've never actually had bawls. I've never even seen it in Canada. I'd never even heard of it until I saw these forums lol.

For what it's worth Red Rave tastes almost identical to Red Bull

magiic on
  • WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Depending on where finances are standing on the 15th, I may be buying 2 more tickets for myself. I want to make sure we get to the 200 tickets sold that we are aiming for (plus I may want seconds if the food is good. :D:D:D).

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Whytmage wrote: »
    Depending on where finances are standing on the 15th, I may be buying 2 more tickets for myself. I want to make sure we get to the 200 tickets sold that we are aiming for (plus I may want seconds if the food is good. :D:D:D).

I like the way this man thinks!

RowdyTheDog on
    edited August 2008
    Woot! I'm going to be there! My seat shall not be vacant! =)

VThornheart on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Woot! I'm going to be there! My seat shall not be vacant! =)

great news indeed, i'll be sure to show up. Somebody should bring in a throne for you to sit on or something. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Naa, in this case, though I'm all about the VT <3, There should be two thrones, one each for ElectricTurtle and Astayonix!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    Naa, in this case, though I'm all about the VT <3, There should be two thrones, one each for ElectricTurtle and Astayonix!

Agreed! They put their necks on the line big time so we could do this dinner! We all owe them a debt of gratitude.

And a pint if you're up for it? =)

VThornheart on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Agreed! They put their necks on the line big time so we could do this dinner! We all owe them a debt of gratitude.

And a pint if you're up for it? =)

ahh yes, that works too. And im up for some drinks, even though im 20 and don't yet have access to any bars. >_<

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited August 2008
    Ahh... well, we can have a cold soda at PAX then! =)

VThornheart on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

NO! No thrones.

We are eating Italian food, so turtle is the Godfather (or Don) and his wife plays the role of super hot wife that
    sleeps around behind the Don's back. Copious amounts of acting are needed from both of them because they
    are not really like that.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd be careful purchasing extra tickets. I'd hate to see everyone thinking there will be a room of 200 people there, and the actual turn out to be only like 150 or so. If you want to pitch in for an extra bail-out ticket, I'd say wait until a couppple days before the dinner. That way, registration doesn't get all booked up (things like this usually have registration spikes around the 1st and 15th of the month, and about a week before), and it may turn out that you don't ned to buy a bail-out ticket.

As for me, I haven't purchased my plane tickets yet, so if I can manage to get out of class at noon, fly 2 hours from Utah (Ogden represent! Aint no Throw-Downe like a O-towne Throw-downe!), check into my hotel, and make it to the Dinner venue, I'm in.

Aliasunknown on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I swear I'm signing up. I just haven't gotten around to it.

I'll do it tonight when I have the credit card in my posession. (it will be for 2.)

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd be careful purchasing extra tickets. I'd hate to see everyone thinking there will be a room of 200 people there, and the actual turn out to be only like 150 or so.

200 isn't the max capacity...it's the break-even capacity. They can have as many as they can sell tickets for, basically.

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2008
    Oh, I see. Still, overinflating the attendance is not a good idea unless it's neccesary. And we won't know that until a few days before.

BTW, where do yall stand right now?

Aliasunknown on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, I see. Still, overinflating the attendance is not a good idea unless it's neccesary.

How so? Besides the argument for wasted food, any ticket money up to 200 tickets pays for the event and anything over 200 goes to Child's Play.

tr0tsky on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Oh, I see. Still, overinflating the attendance is not a good idea unless it's neccesary.

How so? Besides the argument for wasted food, any ticket money up to 200 tickets pays for the event and anything over 200 goes to Child's Play.

I'm sure we could find some homeless people in Seattle.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited August 2008
    I'd be careful purchasing extra tickets. I'd hate to see everyone thinking there will be a room of 200 people there, and the actual turn out to be only like 150 or so. If you want to pitch in for an extra bail-out ticket, I'd say wait until a couppple days before the dinner. That way, registration doesn't get all booked up (things like this usually have registration spikes around the 1st and 15th of the month, and about a week before), and it may turn out that you don't ned to buy a bail-out ticket.

As for me, I haven't purchased my plane tickets yet, so if I can manage to get out of class at noon, fly 2 hours from Utah (Ogden represent! Aint no Throw-Downe like a O-towne Throw-downe!), check into my hotel, and make it to the Dinner venue, I'm in.

While one or two extra tickets aren't going to hurt anything in the lead up (especially out of 500 open), we won't have anybody push for 200 until a day or two before (luckily we have some people who are willing to help with that).

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited August 2008

I assure you, if i get two tickets, there will be no wasted food on myplate.

I have a 10.5 hour work shift before dinner. i'll be HONGRY! NOM NOM NOM CHARITY BENEFITING FOOD!

Whytmage on
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
    edited August 2008
    Sumi wrote: »

I'm sure we could find some homeless people in Seattle.

Homeless people?

In seattle?

NO! Don't exist...

Whytmage on
    edited August 2008
    While one or two extra tickets aren't going to hurt anything in the lead up (especially out of 500 open), we won't have anybody push for 200 until a day or two before (luckily we have some people who are willing to help with that).

Cool. Forgot about the Childs Play element, that does change things.

BTW, I'd be all about a homeless feed with the leftovers.

Aliasunknown on
    edited August 2008
    Aye, that would be a very awesome thing to do!

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.