As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along [PHALLA] (Moist Victory)

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I actually don't see why Edcrab would be put into the narration, if that means we're going to immediately vote him out.

I was going to suggest that maybe it meant he was the victim of a failed freeze ray attack (needed to warm up a little?), but Wildcat bit the bullet on that one, apparently. =/

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    See, I considered that, but I took the freeze ray for a sort of time-stopper (stasis device or whatever) rather than anything cold-related. Unless I'm very very wrong about that.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Whoops! I meant ice beam from Johnny Snow. Mentioned briefly in the first act.

Edit: Actually, let's be honest. I thought freeze beam meant ice beam. I was trying to save face. But I fail. =(

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ohh, Johnny Snow. Yeah, I guess he's a cold-themed baddie, at least going by Dr. Horrible's mocking of him.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    :whistle:Not an ice-beam that's all Johnny Snow:whistle:

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    In other words, if Johnny Snow's shennanigans got me mentioned in narration and thus voted off by our (admittedly tiny) villager population, someone is gettin' grudged.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    In other words, if Johnny Snow's shennanigans got me mentioned in narration and thus voted off by our (admittedly tiny) villager population, someone is gettin' grudged.

Maybe you are Johnny Snow.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That sounds to me like something Johnny Snow would say. I mean, he can't be all that bright if he's not even villianous enough to be Dr. Horrible's nemesis. Accusing other people of being himself... that's exactly what a cold-themed wannabe with little imagination would do.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I doubt that Edcrab's at fault, he's just an unlucky target.

I'll vote !kuhlmeye for the time being.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It is rather unlikely that Johnny Snow would be revealed in the narration, so I'll !retract Edcrab and !vote Law.

Though I do find this quote,
    I've got a nagging suspicion that a fair chunk of our player base has unique win conditions. I guess what I’m saying is: I’m not sure what to make of the claims thus far, as outlandish as they may or may not be.
    a little suspect.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That sounds to me like something Johnny Snow would say. I mean, he can't be all that bright if he's not even villianous enough to be Dr. Horrible's nemesis. Accusing other people of being himself... that's exactly what a cold-themed wannabe with little imagination would do.

I thought Johnny Snow was a hero? Aside from that is there anyone you can think of that might grudge you/or slightly grudge you?

Thetheroo wrote: »

Though I do find this quote,
    I've got a nagging suspicion that a fair chunk of our player base has unique win conditions. I guess what I’m saying is: I’m not sure what to make of the claims thus far, as outlandish as they may or may not be.
    a little suspect.

My win is really simple. So maybe hes right in regards to specials?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I say that simply because I'm considered "neutral" with no win condition listed. Aka, it must be that all I'm expected to do is survive, and all I can do is survive, but the added presence of Billy/Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer tells me we have more than a village and vigilante split going on here. Unless I'm unique in being neutral, woo!

Also, I honestly don't know what Johnny Snow was supposed to be either. I always thought he was like a rival mad scientist type for Horrible.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm tempted to say Maximus just on gut (but I feel bad voting for someone not here), so I guess !TheLawinator

Egos on
  • Options
    weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Here's my editorial. I personally don't believe in coincidences, you would do well to do the same, !Thetheroo.

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Options
    weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good day fair city.
    For those of you following along at home. Here is today's roster:

1. Wildcat (Creepy Female Fan) - hit with a freeze ray, pummeled, and made damp
    2. Thetheroo
    3. Rainfall
    4. TheLawinator
    5. Edcrab
    6. Egos
    7. cj iwakura
    8. thorgot (Billy) - voted out
    9. Maximus
    10. eecc
    11. weatheredclown
    12. DasUberEdward
    13. kuhlmeye

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    hmm I'll !retract TheLawinator for the time being. I'm a bit confused as to what is going on, to help start a bw atm.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Here's my editorial. I personally don't believe in coincidences, you would do well to do the same, !Thetheroo.

I don't really know what to think. Edcrab is saying he's some neutral, but this could be a lie or a cover up to being a baddie. I'll probably change my vote back on to him later, but I've always said that I believe talking is very good.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    My PM truly states that I'm "considered neutral". If I have some nefarious role or action to perform, I'm utterly clueless about it...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to retract !Edcrab for the immediate moment. Edcrab, please contact me with some information as to your role. If you can help us defeat Dr. Horrible and other supervillains/henchmen I would be happy to help you out.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I thought Johnny Snow was a hero. A bad guys nemesis would be a hero, right? If he was a a villain he'd be more like a rival to Dr. Horrible and not a nemesis. Right?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, remember that Dr. Horrible points out that he's most definitely not his nemesis, so he could be anything.

Even if the guy is a hero in the context of the Phalla, it doesn't rule out that he/some other icy guy blasted me with a chilly effect as their first action.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, remember that Dr. Horrible points out that he's most definitely not his nemesis, so he could be anything.

Even if the guy is a hero in the context of the Phalla, it doesn't rule out that he/some other icy guy blasted me with a chilly effect as their first action.

Maybe Johnny Snow's win condition is to take Moist out, and vice versa?

Edit: I've figured out how I'm going to vote. Whoever makes post #234 will get my vote (unless something dramatic happens).

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Alright I pretty much need to go to bed so for now I throw my vote away in !Maximus 's direction

If I remain in the lead, so be it, it's not like I my role lets me do anything interesting anyway

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This is not cool. At the current pace of posting, I'll get kicked for inactivity for not voting. =/

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Unfortunately !Edcrab has no powers that can help us out, fellas. Sorry, but it's curtains for you.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Unfortunately !Edcrab has no powers that can help us out, fellas. Sorry, but it's curtains for you.

no powers in that he might be a detriment? or no powers in that all he can do is vote?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This is what happens to civil servants that can't kill people or at least identify them. We encounter fists, that may or may not be holding a pen.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wait... so we're voting to kill a neutral because he's not useful, as opposed to [voting for someone else - whoever does post #234, say] potentially killing a mafia member? =/

Edit: Brackets to clarify meaning.

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm confused about this as well.

Egos on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    TBH neutrals can be just as dangerous as mafia members.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    eecc wrote: »
    Wait... so we're voting to kill a neutral because he's not useful, as opposed to [voting for someone else - whoever does post #234, say] potentially killing a mafia member? =/

Edit: Brackets to clarify meaning.

I think it's because Rainfall thinks he might be lying, and the neutral role he claimed does not help the village.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    TBH neutrals can be just as dangerous as mafia members.

Precisely. He's confirmed that his goal is NOT to help us survive. Due to this, it is impossible to trust him if he claims to have powers or not. Also, he claimed a role that somebody else already claimed. Somebody with a MUCH more believable claim, I might add.

If you're not with the Hammer, then you're with the Evil League of Evil.
    The Hammer is my penis.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    k !EdCrab

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Any ideas on who you want for second place, Rainfall?

HB never answered the question about vote trickeling.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well reasoned arguments. But Egos got the coveted post #234. =/

Do I stand by my previous statement, or be swayed by real arguments?

Well, good arguments are rare in Phalla, so... you win this round, Rainfall. You, unfortunately, do not, Edcrab.

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Any ideas on who you want for second place, Rainfall?

HB never answered the question about vote trickeling.

Clown could be a good second. I only have a few leads that I am pursuing with my own power at this point in time, I should have more information after tonight.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Cool,
    !retract Law
    !Clown

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I still feel uncomfortable about voting for Edcrab. =/

However, I note that kuhlmeye, Maximus, Thetheroo and weatheredclown are currently tied for second with one vote each. I like breaking ties.

Edcrab
    weatheredclown

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Could we get a vote count?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008