As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

used to be that

the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
you could press alt+s and then it would submit your post. and also you could alt-i to put italics and such. so how about bringing that back, eh? it submits for quick reply, but not advanced, it just selects the button...

tKfL2Yd.png?1
the cheat on

• AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2008
    the cheat wrote: »
    you could press alt+s and then it would submit your post. and also you could alt-i to put italics and such. so how about bringing that back, eh? it submits for quick reply, but not advanced, it just selects the button...

Have you tried ctrl-i?

Aroduc on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For me it's ctrl+whatever. Maybe it's your browser. Because I tried your silly alt key and it brought up Firefox stuff.

Henroid on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2008
    ctrl + i is italics, I don't know if there's a submit post shortcut

Tube on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ctrl+S in Firefox brings up the Save As menu, even in quick reply. Alt+S brings up the history menu.

Henroid on
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alt+S is supposed to work for quick replies. It doesn't seem to work, but Tab+Space or Tab+Enter does.

Cyvros on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2008
    test

edit: control+S works on my Mac in Firefox

Garlic Bread on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Shortcut keys are broken for me in WebKit nightlies, but this isn’t the only site so it’s presumably a browser issue.

OS X should be Ctrl+key for at least Safari and Firefox.
    I think Windows Firefox is something like Alt+Shift+key?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    test

EDIT: You're right, stilist - Alt+Shift+S. That's really quite useful.

Cyvros on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alt+S works in Internet Explorer.

Peewi on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Whoa, alt-shift-s is my new best friend.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    ok, ctrl+I and tab then space. probalem solved!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Anything that cuts down the time between writing and posting, and therefore removing any extra thinking time about what you're posting, is potentially a bad thing.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    Anything that cuts down the time between writing and posting, and therefore removing any extra thinking time about what you're posting, is potentially a bad thing.

Honestly that 30 second pause is our greatest enemy

Satan. on