Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Embedding Youtube video

kerblokerblo Registered User
I have an animation I want to show on the art forum. When I copy and pasted the embed code and nothing showed up. Could someone tell me what to do?

Thanks

www.ianmccormack.net
Stop Motion Animation
kerblo on

• CyvrosCyvros London 1965Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The way that tends to work for me is using [!url=<YouTube video URL>]<description/caption/thing>[/url!] (but without the exclamation marks).

Cyvros on
    Cy turned out to be much better in person.
  • kerblokerblo Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Thanks! I owe ya.

kerblo on
    www.ianmccormack.net
    Stop Motion Animation
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you don't care about having the caption you don't even need to bother with the url tags. Just have the url in the post and the forum will automatically add the tags and embed the video.

Smasher on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited August 2008
    indeed. The forums do magic based on the URL to the video. embed code is for, like, posting on your blog.

Ramius on
  • kerblokerblo Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Thanks again. I posted the videos in artists corner.

kerblo on
    www.ianmccormack.net
    Stop Motion Animation