As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cross-Country Miniature Transport?

HenryWardHenryWard Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Critical Failures
Hey guys,

So, sometime in the near future I'm going to need to transport a rather large collection of movies from my current home in North Carolina to my new one to-be in California. Several hundred Classic Battletech miniatures, a fair chunk of Warhammer, and most recently a little bit of Hordes. The awkward part is that I have no actual *storage* for any of these, and I'm sincerely hoping you can help me. In short, I'm looking for whatever brands/types/whatever of miniature storage you guys have used successfully, that ideally are good for both long-distance travel and a trip to the LGS and will hold varying sizes of figures well (quite a difference between a Warhammer gobbo and a Hordes Dire Troll). Cost is somewhat of a deal... I'm very willing to spend to protect my figures, but then I do have quite a lot of them and I'm just out of college (moving for a job) so I don't want to be spending a ridiculous ton if possible.

Thanks very much for your help!

-Henry

HenryWard on

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm a fan of my Sabol ArmyTransports.

http://www.saboldesigns.net/home.html

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    By Sabol foam trays. Put them in a cardboard box, or other rigid container of your choice. I just brought a bunch of stuff back from Japan. I had all my tanks in a Sabol motor pool case, which was further being used to cusion my computer tower, all in a cardboard box. The box was beat all to hell by the time I reclaimed it, but the minis made it through without a scratch, including the two penitent engines, which I was sure would end up coming off their bases at least.

Gabriel_Pitt on