As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jimmy's Lost his Toilet Paper -- Because toilet paper is a man's best friend.

Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Games and Technology
tp_shot_01.jpg

tp_shot_03.jpg

http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/games/tp

No clever thread here: It looks and sounds awful if I just describe it to you, but it's the best damn indie puzzle game since... well, actually I played Braid last night, and that was pretty awesome. But besides that, probably that crazy japanese cursor*10 game that got big a few months back? Yeah, it's definitely comparable in its genius to that.

Oh, and it has physics puzzles, G&T. I know how much you guys like physics puzzles.

In fact, it's by the same dude that made Crayon Physics. And I'm telling you, it's awesome. Also, the music is hilarious.

Play it. Love it.

Pray for a quilted jumbo roll sequel.

Recoil42 on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Okay this is fucking awesome.

urahonky on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That kid's face alone made me click 'download'

This game is cool, and this is some pretty strong toilet paper. Charmin?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What perfect music! Thanks for the heads up on this one Recoil24.

Hah! I can swing on my toilet paper! Genius!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    awesome... very very awesome

(and I concur that the music is hilarious)

Gdiguy on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Very delightful, but the loud music (with no way to turn it off or lower it aside from deleting the sound file) and lack of save option are a bit of a downer. Is that shit hard/time consuming to code or is this guy lazy?

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    JAEF wrote: »
    Very delightful, but the loud music (with no way to turn it off or lower it aside from deleting the sound file) and lack of save option are a bit of a downer. Is that shit hard/time consuming to code or is this guy lazy?

It's Kloonigames. He makes a different game every month. This one was made in seven days. So it's a little bit of both, he's under self-imposed time constraint.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm liking this game.

Indica1 on

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh man, watch out guys. If you let too much TP out it crashes, at least with me D:. Happened twice to me now, each time a number of levels in, and not being able to save is killing it for me.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I found that too. But you have to let out a LOOOOT of TP to let out before it crashes. As long as you don't just let the game run with jimmy looking over the side of a cliff, with the TP draped over, you'll be fine.

edit: I'm stuck on this level:

10p0kcx.png

Any ideas?

edit2: hahaha i figured it out. I am soooo not telling. This is genius.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I was sort of trying to make a TP mountain, so I guess it serves me right.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I was sort of trying to make a TP mountain, so I guess it serves me right.

There's a BAT file in the blog you can (apparently) use to skip back to any level, anyways. So it's not a huge deal.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    better than cursor*10?!

Sueve on
  • Options
    TripKMATripKMA Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm a big fan of toilet paper and this game does it justice.

Got the link to that level select thing: http://www.mediafire.com/?ajmm5ylcaah Extract to wherever your game is.

TripKMA on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    Yeah, I found that too. But you have to let out a LOOOOT of TP to let out before it crashes. As long as you don't just let the game run with jimmy looking over the side of a cliff, with the TP draped over, you'll be fine.

img snip

Any ideas?

what I did
    I jumped the girder thing and let a good amount of TP slide down to the bottom, I then jumped off the far side while holding shift, using the extra time with the longer TP I swung into the open area then ran across that area holding shift to pull the tp in then running back to pick it up, repeat.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is pretty rad.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    while stuck on level I stopped to think for a minute and the game crashed, and I don't have a desire to start again. game was kind of cool but the slippery controls and annoying music made it very meh in my mind.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    XynnXynn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yeah, that level took me a little bit of figuring out and now that I got it, its frickin hillarious.

edit: damn, how the hell do I beat the level after it?

Xynn on
  • Options
    CheesechickCheesechick Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Downloading now! This will give me something to do while my roomie hogs Braid. :P

Cheesechick on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Xynn wrote: »

Yeah, that level took me a little bit of figuring out and now that I got it, its frickin hillarious.

edit: damn, how the hell do I beat the level after it?

screenshot? i can't remember what the one after looks like, but i definitely solved it.
    Trus wrote: »

img snip

Any ideas?

what I did
    I jumped the girder thing and let a good amount of TP slide down to the bottom, I then jumped off the far side while holding shift, using the extra time with the longer TP I swung into the open area then ran across that area holding shift to pull the tp in then running back to pick it up, repeat.
    Hahahah, yes! I think you did what I did, right?
    Used a good amount of TP as an anchor, overhanging it from the right side of the "elevator platform" -- and then jumping off the left side, holding shift, and swinging through the hole?

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

10p0kcx.png

Any ideas?

Who else did the tarzan swing? Is there another solution?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Great Fun!

Sueve on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2008
    Okay. I beat it. Despite it crashing on me when I got to the last level... though I didn't know that at the time. *shrug* Not bad I suppose, but not particularly difficult either. I fought more with the controls and annoyingly pulling the paper towards me after I had reached the exit correctly than anything else.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    YoshinoYoshino Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I have to admit, if I download this, at least 50% o the reason why will be the awesome idea. And title, really.

Yoshino on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm not as keen on this game as some of you. It crashes if you let the TP unroll too much. I was expecting a game over or something, but not a crash! DAMN YOU TP GODS!!

It's a good game, and quirky and fun, but not as gold as I thought it'd be.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just beat it. it was pretty dang fun, and I'd certainly recommend it to others, but the last level seemed too easy. I grokked the strategy after maybe 4 minutes, while one map in the middle took me like 20.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    How long was it? I never actually finished. I stopped last night and went to sleep a few after the red force fields started to appear, there's one level that gets really platformy.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2008
    How long was it? I never actually finished. I stopped a few after the red force fields started to appear, there's one level that gets really platformy.

15ish levels? And which level was platformy? I don't remember any that required any sort of hardcore dexterity, which is good because the pull of the toilet paper plus the skidding and bouncing when you fall/ride elevators was driving me crazy as it was.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Actually, looking through the data files, looks like it's 18 levels. Apparently I got to the very last one when I gave up and went to sleep >_<

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    ilmmadilmmad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just like in Bloody Zombies which I posted earlier by this guy, the levels are editable in paint.

ilmmad on
    Ilmmad.gif
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Does someone have another link for the level selector? I fucked up and I really don't want to do all these levels again.

EDIT: found this one, and it works!
    http://rapidshare.com/files/134020415/tp_launcher.zip.html

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm stupid and can't get past the 3rd/4th level.

Fuga on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The 15th level has me stumped. Do I switch off the barrier using the 1st box or the 2nd which drops from the barrier..

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Airan wrote: »
    The 15th level has me stumped. Do I switch off the barrier using the 1st box or the 2nd which drops from the barrier..

IIRC, you have to:
    Jump over the triangular platform at the start of the level, so that you fall to the right of it. You need to do this so that the toilet paper trail 'works'.

You're now on the right side of the first box, push it left onto the switch. The second box should drop down. Now move to the right, and use that ledge to get back onto the triangle shape. Jump over the gap, onto the box -- which you can now push down and to the far right, to use as a height boost to make it over the final wall and into the exit.

Fuga wrote: »
    I'm stupid and can't get past the 3rd/4th level.

Uh.. if it's really the 3/4th level, the only thing I can possibly see you missing is.. you know you can 'grip' the toilet paper and prevent any more of it falling out with shift or the down arrow, right?

If it's the first level with boxes (two of them):
    Use the box on the bottom as a boost to get to the second box. Gather up your tp, and push the second box over the ledge.

If it's the one with only one box, and a bunch of ledges:
    Notice how your tp is under the box, and not over it? That means you can move it, just by pulling on your roll, like a conveyor belt. Pull it into the hole, making sure it falls to the left of you (otherwise, your TP will get stuck underneath it and you'll be screwed, since you can never lift a box).

Use the box as a boost, and jump to victory.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Holy shit guys that groundhog game is so good and you should play that instead.

ITS A TIME TRAVEL SHUMP!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm stuck on the one after what recoil just described. I'll probably get it soon. good stuff.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I did get it. I'm retarded and stubborn, just needed to restart it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cool idea, but I felt like I was fighting the game a lot of the time. But fair play to him, if that's in only a short time.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I beat it, it's a pretty neat game, but I agree that it's a little too frustrating in places. Still, I liked the art and the whole toilet paper mechanic (I don't think I've ever said that about a game before.)

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    XynnXynn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ive been doing the last level for a while now. How? Just, how?

Xynn on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2008
    Xynn wrote: »
    Ive been doing the last level for a while now. How? Just, how?

Seriously?

Seriously?
    Go over the first platform and then swing right.

Aroduc on