As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-Pax Breakfast (Pike Place) NOW WITH PICS!

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Woot, yea! =)=)

Hmm... so in the list of restaurants, I see... "Pike Place Bar & Grill (Now with all you can eat waffles!)" All you can eat waffles? Did we even need to put any other restaurants on the list? =);)

Seriously, if you need me, I'll be eating waffles. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    That's what I said, but either ET or Astayonix said they scored really poorly on their last health inspection, so now I'm torn.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008
    Ah... you know, you bring up a point that is probably a good one. Mucho waffles tastes goo, but are not good for you... I probably should resist.

I can't promise that I will though if I pass it by on the street. =)

VThornheart on
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Maybe it'll be like Mexico. Amazing food, just don't touch the water! :winky:

MR.T on
  • Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MR.T wrote: »
    Now that VT is coming to our breakfast, our circle of triumph is complete! VT and Crumpets, what could be better? 8-)

VT, Crumpet, and a Billion Dollars accompanied with the celebrity of your choice?

Hello Tricia Helfer :winky:

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • nephthysnephthys Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ooooo, I'm in for breakfast!

nephthys on
    edited August 2008
    Now that VT is coming to our breakfast, our circle of triumph is complete! VT and Crumpets, what could be better? 8-)

VT, Crumpet, and a Billion Dollars accompanied with the celebrity of your choice?

Hello Tricia Helfer :winky:

*LOL* Okay, you got me there! :winky:

MR.T on
  • ShDragonShDragon Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    This will be my first PAX, and I'm all about the breakfasts, so I'm sure as heck going to jump in on this.

I'm so nervous and excited I can hardly sit still. :)

ShDragon on
    edited August 2008
    ShDragon wrote: »
    This will be my first PAX, and I'm all about the breakfasts, so I'm sure as heck going to jump in on this.

I know the feeling.

I just have no cash... damn my empty wallet!

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's pretty sad that I saw ShDragon is from Alameda and thought to myself "that's where the nuclear wessels are."

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Also my wife swears she saw waitstaff at Pike Place Bar & Grill pouring half consumed waters back into the water pitcher. We'll never go back there.

Eww... hepatitastic! =) Yeah, I'll be steering clear of that one. =)

I've seen waitstaff do that just so they can carry the water and glasses back to the sink more easily without spilling.

I was thinking the same thing.

Yes, as a former bartender (who also got roped into serving/bussing duties) I can attest to this practice. We would often have one container to use as our "slosh" bucket that we'd pour half empty beverages into.

As part of hazing, we'd make noobs drink from it. jk, jk

waffleboi9 on
    edited August 2008
    ShDragon wrote: »

Aww how cute, what are you nervous about? I know breakfast is a pretty frightening proposition, but rarely do I get nervous about it ;).

waffleboi9 on
    edited August 2008
    Earley wrote: »
    Just in case anyone else is interested, I'll be having breakfast up the hill just a few blocks to Capitol Hill. Normally a local person wouldn't go to Pike Place Market for breakfast. There are very very many places to get some coffee and breakfast on Capitol Hill, which is the neighborhood right next door to the convention center to the west. In fact, it's one of the hippest places in town, and the market is one of the least hip places with the most expensive and touristy restaurants.

Most likely we'll be going to Linda's, but there's also the Six Arms and a lot more places on the way to Broadway, as well as grocery stores and the like. There are also several coffee shops worth their salt -- Victrola, Bauhaus, Caffe Vivace, Caffe Vita. Should I make a google map? Anyone interested in joining up?

Earley

Hrmm, I am very interested in a more local experience. Let me know what's up.

waffleboi9 on
  • Ghost117Ghost117 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am local, and while capital hill is kind of interesting, I would not recommend it. Pike place has better food (for breakfast at least) and i dont think capital hill would appreciate a bunch of 20 ear old gamers there. Capital hill would make a better dinner run.

Ghost117 on
    edited August 2008
    Capitol Hill is nice and all, cept for those homeless that, even though I quite clearly don't smoke (as I don't smoke and there is no clearly visible pack of cigarettes in my pocket), they still ask me for either a light or a cigarette.

Otherwise, we can go to Taqeria Express (if they are open, I heard someone that they may be closed)

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008
    Anyone that is worried about money for breakfast shouldn't worry. I hear there are plenty of cheap, good eats at Pike Place. The OP has a list of restaurants rated for cheapness! :winky: Oh, wait, not THAT kind of cheapness!

MR.T on
    edited August 2008
    Cheap as in 0$ cheap?

Didn't think so.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SunshineGrrrlSunshineGrrrl Seattle - EastsideRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Something that you might consider down in Pikes Place, is the Mini Donut shop between the newsstand and the Fish Throwers. There is always a line, but they are actually some of the best eats as they generally come fresh off the line unless you get the dipped ones. The cinnamon and sugar are really good and about 4 bucks a dozen maybe? Been awhile since I had them, but when ever we decide to go to the market here, that's a stop we usually make. The market is actually pretty horrible in the summer as all the tourists are there, but in the winter it can be quite nice and the local farmers are worth braving the ginormous crowds for in my opinion. Especially if it's difficult to get out to the local farmers market. And I get behind the local crafts people as they do some good work. Some sell for way too much, but others a few are reasonable and provide some neat stuff.

I find Capital Hill to be both stuffy and strangely quirky and fun. But there are some supposedly good breakfast spots there. I've not eaten at many and none for breakfast, but if coffee is your thing, go to capital hill.

For any francophiles, I would highly suggest Le Pichet and I didn't see it on the list. It's right on first street, but is kinda small, so only a few parties could really go there but the Egg Plate with Jambon and Gruyere is to die for as well as their baguettes are really nice with a little coffee or hot chocolate and their Charcuterie selections are not quite as nice as they used to be, but still good quality.

SunshineGrrrl on
    edited August 2008
    Cheap as in 0$ cheap?

Didn't think so.
    Umm, of course not. If you can't afford a couple dollars for a donut and coffee for breakfast maybe this isn't the thread for you.

Transparent on
    edited August 2008
    Something tells me I will be able to scrounge together a couple buck...

After all, i did put down $40 on my badge, so I know money does exist!

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cheap as in 0$ cheap?

Didn't think so.

hobo joe told me that the dumpsters at the market were quite good

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd love to be a part of this - do we need to bring anything more than an appetite and good walking shoes?

mrsnackroad on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    You'll need money too.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008
    And some clothes. Those would also be nice. More than just shoes :D

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frag MongerFrag Monger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's just too bad that the Pike Brewing Co. isn't open for breakfast. ;)

Frag Monger on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Heh, some of us will want some beer for breakfast to help with the hangover.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I expect that more than a few folks at the breakfast will be donning their sunglasses and asking us to pipe down a bit because the world is spinning too fast! :oops: That's our Pub-crawl at work!

Seriously, though I hear there is some great coffee down there and there is always Pike's Place Bar and Grill. I'm not sure when they start serving drinks. And by drinks I mean the clean alcoholic ones, not the hepatastic shared water experience. o_O

MR.T on
  • NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good deal. Any one have suggestions on a decent cheap place for Hash Browns, Eggs and Bacon? Thats all i ever eat for breakfast.

Nepo on
    edited August 2008
    Well...

I don't honestly think there is one. Sorry man. Seattle is more of a Coffee and Muffin place in my opinion, or at least part of Pike Place Market is.

By the way, when I was typing Market in Pike Place Market, I almost replaced it with Muffin. Go me!

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008
    Someone needs to one-up them. One day I will make a restaurant in Pike Place Market... it will have a breakfast meal that consists of a muffin filled with a bacon, egg and hash brown puree, and dropped in a bowl of steaming hot coffee. It will be a horrible day for humanity.

But on that note, I imagine there's got to be *some* place in the Pike Place Market area that offers this. Maybe the all you can eat waffle place also has this stuff on the side? (Eggs, bacon etc..)?

VThornheart on
  • NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well that wont do. Breakfast is very important- im hiking to a pancake house. None of this coffee muffin nonsense.

Nepo on
  • Mustard TigerMustard Tiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

Heh, some of us will want some beer for breakfast to help with the hangover.

damn right

Mustard Tiger on
  • KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This sounds exciting and delicious. Count me in.

Kyouteki on
  • SpinelSpinel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Someone needs to one-up them. One day I will make a restaurant in Pike Place Market... it will have a breakfast meal that consists of a muffin filled with a bacon, egg and hash brown puree, and dropped in a bowl of steaming hot coffee. It will be a horrible day for humanity.

My stomach seems to think that this would be awfully tasty, but could we have it in a cup instead of a bowl for ease of portability.

P.S. Count me and my group in for breakfast.

Spinel on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2008
    Nepo wrote: »
    Well that wont do. Breakfast is very important- im hiking to a pancake house. None of this coffee muffin nonsense.

I think they do have a Bacon,egg, and chesse English Muffin, but im not sure. You will just have to come and find out :D

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008
    There's a few diner style restaurants at Pike Place. I can't imagine that one of them wouldn't offer bacon & eggs.

Also, just a note for the new folks. There is no need to register for this event. Just show up at the corner of 6th & Pike at 9AM Friday the 29th. Bring some money for breakfast and your appetite! :P

MR.T on
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There's a few diner style restaurants at Pike Place. I can't imagine that one of them wouldn't offer bacon & eggs.

Also, just a note for the new folks. There is no need to register for this event. Just show up at the corner of 6th & Pike at 9AM Friday the 29th. Bring some money for breakfast and your appetite! :P

And apparently clothes.

mrsnackroad on
  • Ghost117Ghost117 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

And apparently clothes.

Pff. Its Seattle. Clothes are optional, but you have to have an umbrella.

Ghost117 on
    edited August 2008
    Well...

I don't honestly think there is one. Sorry man. Seattle is more of a Coffee and Muffin place in my opinion, or at least part of Pike Place Market is.

By the way, when I was typing Market in Pike Place Market, I almost replaced it with Muffin. Go me!
    Lowell's, which is where I plan to eat. Here are some relevent menu items:

[FONT=verdana,arial,tahoma]Classic Breakfast / Two Eggs with Hash Browns and Toast [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,tahoma]6.95[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,tahoma]Market Breakfast / Two Eggs with your Choice of Thick Hickory Smoked Bacon, Ham, Pork Link Sausage or Pork Patty Sausage. Served with Hash Browns and Toast, choice of jams or marmalade.[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,tahoma]8.95[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,tahoma]Farmer's Breakfast / Three Eggs with Ham, Thick Sliced Hickory Smoked Bacon and Link Sausages. Served with Hash Browns and Toast.[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,tahoma]12.95[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,tahoma]Combo / Two Eggs, Choice of Ham, Bacon or Sausage Served with Either French Toast or Pancakes[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,tahoma]10.95[/FONT]

Transparent on
    edited August 2008
    *Sees transparent's post. Drools a bit. Starts humming "Tempted by the fruit of another..."* No! I must stay true to my crumpets! :x

MR.T on
This discussion has been closed.