As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! Updated OP 8/9

• Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I make good button?
    companionbutton2jn5.jpg

I'm probably going to order a few Warhammer related ones too.

parabola on
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    parabola wrote: »
    I make good button?
    companionbutton2jn5.jpg

Oh man, that's so RAD. :D

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    parabola wrote: »
    I make good button?
    companionbutton2jn5.jpg

I'll take a warhammer one.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    Let's play More Button Game FAQs!

Q. I heard about some secret button project that would be for...
    HUSH! That is not to be spoken of here. See BigRed at the start of PAX (he'll be near/in the BYOC area) and he'll take care of you. Bring your buttons. This message will self destruct.

Yes, see the PC Security table at the BYOC for this, but wait until BYOC checkin is done. I owe BigRed my soul for the use of his (minions) enforcers, but I'd rather not trouble them TOO much

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Would anyone be willing to fix this up for me? I spent an hour failing to make a nice font for "PA VENT CREW." Would someone delete the old one and put something nice looking there? It should be sized correctly to the template already, and remember there's an outer circle you can't write on. Ha, you can't tell it's a circle because of the transparency :p
    vent_crew_button.png

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OK...this game looks like too much fun to pass up. I don't post often on the forums, but I've at least been a member for a little while. Hope it's OK to participate.

Especially since I already ordered my buttons! (better late then never :)

15_INCH_TEMPLATE.jpg

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You know, Petesalzl, you and I should have put our slogans on a button. Ah well.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I didn't even think of that, even though one of the buttons says Zork.

but hey, i'm not that bright.

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I'll take a warhammer one.

15inchtemplate3copybd0.jpg

Or the last image in the Six Mouths comic maybe.

?

parabola on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    Well, I ordered extras at the last minute, let's see if they arrive... =)

Ah, crap. I just realized that I ordered them with what's soon going to be my old address. I have forwarding set up though... would they forward a package like that do you think?

Anyways, here's the button image, with the suggested "BioWare Minion" add-on. =)
    fightcamp_button_bioware.png

Nice VT!

Also, you could probably just e-mail PureButtons and let them know of the address change. I think they would have no trouble sending them to the right place :)

Thanks! =) Aye, I'll be sure to do that ASAP, just in case. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I ordered extras at the last minute, let's see if they arrive... =)

Ah, crap. I just realized that I ordered them with what's soon going to be my old address. I have forwarding set up though... would they forward a package like that do you think?

Anyways, here's the button image, with the suggested "BioWare Minion" add-on. =)
    fightcamp_button_bioware.png

Nice VT!

Also, you could probably just e-mail PureButtons and let them know of the address change. I think they would have no trouble sending them to the right place :)

Thanks! =) Aye, I'll be sure to do that ASAP, just in case. =)

I want one of the new and improved ones :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why do we need 100 at this point? I have the money, but I don't want to be left with a crap-ton of TrainwreckX pins at the end. I'm about to order right now, but I want to hear a case for getting 100. I can't see me trading more than 50...

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why do we need 100 at this point? I have the money, but I don't want to be left with a crap-ton of TrainwreckX pins at the end. I'm about to order right now, but I want to hear a case for getting 100. I can't see me trading more than 50...

52 people that have buttons in their possession and 49 people that have designs and that are currently
    waiting to get theirs = 101 people with more than 101 different buttons.

I am fine with having only 62 buttons.

I think the line above your avatar should read "Robot is surprised" because of those big orange eyes.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i dont know where ill store them after PAX. I think I'm going going to order 50 avatar buttons. I was going to do several bonus buttons, but I don't think I'm going to do any now.

Edit: First pass design, what do you guys think? Opinions please.
    15_INCH_TEMPLATE_train.jpg

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    Gravy RobberGravy Robber Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Would anyone be willing to fix this up for me? I spent an hour failing to make a nice font for "PA VENT CREW." Would someone delete the old one and put something nice looking there? It should be sized correctly to the template already, and remember there's an outer circle you can't write on. Ha, you can't tell it's a circle because of the transparency :p
    vent_crew_button.png

I took some liberties, but see if you dig this noise:
    ventcrewwu8.png

No overlay:
    ventcrewbuttonnooverlayvh4.png

No background, no overlay (thanks parabola):
    ventcrewbuttonnobackgroyf9.png

Gravy Robber on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    To be honest, thats probably better with just the logo.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i dont know where ill store them after PAX. I think I'm going going to order 50 avatar buttons. I was going to do several bonus buttons, but I don't think I'm going to do any now.

I don't think mine is showing up for whatever reason. Trying again. I'd like feedback guys. Note that this version is lower rez than the final, so it's a little mushy.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Trainwreck, thats a sweet button, and one I believe we can all respect!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    wtb fruitfucker button.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ordered my button. You can add me to the invested list now. I'll update the picture with what they actually look like as soon as it arrives.

2745435436_797c35d496.jpg?v=0

Edit: I also only ordered 50...

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I don't think mine is showing up for whatever reason. Trying again. I'd like feedback guys. Note that this version is lower rez than the final, so it's a little mushy.

I didn't notice he was sad until i saw the big picture. as for why to get more than 50, there are about 100 people that have spoken up about their buttons and i'm sure there are a few that havent. it may seem like you might not trade em alol, but you might end up running out. also we are meeting after pax so you can trade with anyone you missed, meaning you have the oportunity to get rid of them all.

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    BelisiusBelisius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I've been reading the forums for a bit, but never posted or made an account, but I really liked this idea so I hope you'll be fine with me doing this too, since I went ahead and ordered some buttons of my own. I just felt like going with something somewhat simplistic for my button.
    2744590877_82afc78513_m.jpg

Belisius on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    I didn't notice he was sad until i saw the big picture. as for why to get more than 50, there are about 100 people that have spoken up about their buttons and i'm sure there are a few that havent. it may seem like you might not trade em alol, but you might end up running out. also we are meeting after pax so you can trade with anyone you missed, meaning you have the oportunity to get rid of them all.

Well he's sad cause neither the Autobots or Decepticons like him cause he just kills everything. Fallen has no friends.

Belisius wrote: »
    Well, I've been reading the forums for a bit, but never posted or made an account, but I really liked this idea so I hope you'll be fine with me doing this too, since I went ahead and ordered some buttons of my own. I just felt like going with something somewhat simplistic for my button.
    2744590877_82afc78513_m.jpg

Looks good.

Edit: Also, I only ended up ordering 50 badges. My thinking is that just over 50 people are invested. I only plan to keep one of mine. Over the course of the show, and even at the hotel meetup, I suspect that there will be at LEAST 5 people I miss, if not more. Also, I feel like I can live without a few more buttons :)

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I ordered my buttons, but there was an error when I submitted. It was billed to my credit card, so I think my order is in before the deadline...but I didn't get a confirmation or anything.

JoshEEE on
    Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Edit: Also, I only ended up ordering 50 badges. My thinking is that just over 50 people are invested. I only plan to keep one of mine. Over the course of the show, and even at the hotel meetup, I suspect that there will be at LEAST 5 people I miss, if not more. Also, I feel like I can live without a few more buttons :)

You realize that most, if not all, of the people in the "Have design, buttons are in the future" section have ordered and are just waiting for buttons right? You do NOT get into invested just for ordering. You get into invested by posting pics of your actual buttons.

Just clearing up that possible misconception :P

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    edited August 2008

You realize that most, if not all, of the people in the "Have design, buttons are in the future" section have ordered and are just waiting for buttons right? You do NOT get into invested just for ordering. You get into invested by posting pics of your actual buttons.

I misunderstood. I can always order more when I get home.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    Fran GoatFran Goat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

The list isn't up to date either. I posted my actual buttons a while back and they still haven't shown up in the OP. I've also ordered another 100 of an other design for more button goodness. I think you'll run out a lot faster than you realize.

Fran Goat on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I misunderstood. I can always order more when I get home.

Heh, no prob. We have over 2300 posts, its quite easy for things to be unclear.

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Typically I try to read every post on a thread before I reply. I didn't even bother with this one.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Heh, I don't blame you. I think I've read every post... But realistically, I've probably missed a couple pages worth :P

Snickers on
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i've ordered my buttons but can I add myself to the list tomorrow?

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Misterioso wrote: »
    i've ordered my buttons but can I add myself to the list tomorrow?

Why not fill it out now? It only takes about 30 seconds :P

Snickers on
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    because my submission pic isn't very good

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ack I didn't see this until so late so I got a friend to help me do mine, but... anybody working on their button idea for next year!?

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    In the spirit of spiritness (and the fact that I have two weeks off), the deadline for submitting your button info to the google docs sheet is extended until the end of Sunday (8/10). However, if you didn't order your buttons by today, you risk not getting them in time for PAX, which is the other reason for today's deadline, to make sure everybody who orders actually gets their buttons before they leave for Seattle.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    KalaylajaylaKalaylajayla Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Add one more to the list, I have ordered buttons!

Kalaylajayla on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    welp here's a vent button design i'm gonna get:
    pax08_vent_pin01.png

edit-bought. damn. my first two designs i paid the template fee. Just realized what it meant. all my buttons are in the template style, so I could have saved $10. oh well.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Gravy RobberGravy Robber Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    pax08_vent_pin01.png

you're going to hurt your wang, folding it back like that

Gravy Robber on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well it's a secret password, so I wanted to fool around a bit. I'm pretty sure, thinking about it, it won't be legible at all, but I wanted to try it out for fun.

btw thanks for the curvy text suggestion.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    pax08_vent_pin01.png

you're going to hurt your wang, folding it back like that

I think the dude in your sig is going to hurt his wang.

TrainwreckX on
This discussion has been closed.