As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Man I Hate It When...

1131415161719»

• SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Stop dressing like a whore if you don't like the attention.

I knew I shouldn't have loosened my tie when I was walking home from work. It was all my fault. :cry:

Sliver on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sliver wrote: »
    I hate it when women: make catcalls, wolf whistle, honk the horn of their car as they drive by to get my attention.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what feminism has been fighting for for the last century. Your right to act like the same assholes you bitch and moan about night and day.

I hate people who complain about getting hit on too much.

Hate.

Nocturne on
  • MikeMcSomethingMikeMcSomething Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I hate when people replace the word "So" with "Hence" and "Therefore" to try and make their argument sound more educated. See: countless posts on this forum.

MikeMcSomething on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cauld wrote: »
    It really bothers me when a lot of people are walking through doors and someone just walks through and doesn't do the standard hold-open-door-until-next-person-can-hold-it thing.
    It really bothers me when useless do-gooders start a hold-open-the-door chain that doesn't really help anyone and just wastes everyone's time.

Yar on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    I hate when people pick on my grammar. English isn't one of my native languages so anyone who insults my grammar, well... you're being not nice. :(

Organichu on
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yar wrote: »
    It really bothers me when a lot of people are walking through doors and someone just walks through and doesn't do the standard hold-open-door-until-next-person-can-hold-it thing.
    It really bothers me when useless do-gooders start a hold-open-the-door chain that doesn't really help anyone and just wastes everyone's time.

I don't see how it wastes your time if you hold the door for the next person as you walk through it, this will save time for all people later than the 2nd person since no one has to open the door now.

Cauld on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    It really bothers me when useless do-gooders start a hold-open-the-door chain that doesn't really help anyone and just wastest everyone's time.

If it's only a small group of people (say, less than twenty) and no more are coming I'll hold the door for everyone. If it's a long string of people I'll just do the 'hold it for the person directly behind me and let go' thing.

Organichu on
  • MikeMcSomethingMikeMcSomething Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yar hit on another thing I really hate - when you start a sentence the same way the person you are addressing started their sentence.

ex:
    Person 1-
    "I think it really sucks when xxx happens"
    Person 2, obviously feeling really witty -
    "I think it really sucks when you complain about xxx"

MikeMcSomething on
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yar if you hate it when people hold open the door for other people then you're either just being a dick in joking with Cauld or you really are a dick.

How can holding the door open for someone be a bad thing and what the hell is wrong with you if you think that "do gooders" are a bad thing.

Oh how awesome the world would be if it was just full of people like you slamming the door in peoples faces and snearing at any slight show of politeness toward another person.

Johannen on
    edited August 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I hate it when women: make catcalls, wolf whistle, honk the horn of their car as they drive by to get my attention.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what feminism has been fighting for for the last century. Your right to act like the same assholes you bitch and moan about night and day.

I hate people who complain about getting hit on too much.

Hate.

Newsflash! Not all sexual advances are sincere! More at 11!

EDIT: I hate people who have a gland in their brain dedicated to whether or not it's right to hold doors open for people.

Sliver on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008

Pretty sure the ones doing the catcalling aren't the ones doing the complaining, for the most part. but hey, keep building that strawfeminist! You're doing so well.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    The Cat wrote: »

Pretty sure the ones doing the catcalling aren't the ones doing the complaining, for the most part. but hey, keep building that strawfeminist! You're doing so well.

I learned from the best.

Sliver on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008

I learned from the best.
    Fuck off. Everything I've said about pro-lifers there is demonstrably true, and googling the news on any of those issues will prove it. Girls with ill manners who holla at you? Not actually feminists. Stop being a damned idiot.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pata wrote: »

If it actually made sense to go that way, I wouldn't care. It's born more out of ignorance, and people not understanding the intention of the phrase, that they have it wrong. I know what somebody means when they say, "Let me ax you a question". Doesn't mean I don't think they're an idiot. It's all how you present yourself.

The intention of the phrase is what I said above, "I don't care"

Guess what, language, despite all the patterns that exist that some people try to pass off as rules, is really just a bunch of people making noises at each other and hoping they understand, if the other person understands, then they've succeeded.

Your stoopid. Did you understand my intention of that phrase?

You're a dick who likely annoys people when you "correct" them about idiotic things that aren't even wrong.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
    edited August 2008
    Fuck off. Everything I've said about pro-lifers there is demonstrably true, and googling the news on any of those issues will prove it. Girls with ill manners who holla at you? Not actually feminists. Stop being a damned idiot.

You wont rest until you've derailed this thread over my post, will you?

Reading comprehension 101

1. I never said they were feminists

2. The straw man wasn't because you said those things about prolifers.
    It was because you said them about me.

Sliver on
  • logogoglogogog Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I also hate flamewars. The wisdom of the Beatles has told us that all we need is love 8-).

logogog on
    I once saw a girl who I was so insanely attracted to that I wanted to get the opposite of a restraining order on her.- Stephen Wright
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

You wont rest until you've derailed this thread over my post, will you?

Reading comprehension 101

1. I never said they were feminists

2. The straw man wasn't because you said those things about prolifers.
    It was because you said them about me.

You're the one who derailed this thread when instead of responding to The Cat you just linked to one of her posts from another thread. Take your personal grudges elsewhere please.

Man I hate it when people on these forums automatically resort to ad hominem attacks based on shit people said in a completely different thread or a long time ago. See: The shit that happened to ege020 all the damned time and also happens to The Cat a lot.

Nocturne on
    edited August 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »

You're the one who derailed this thread when instead of responding to The Cat you just linked to one of her posts from another thread. Take your personal grudges elsewhere please.

Man I hate it when people on these forums automatically resort to ad hominem attacks based on shit people said in a completely different thread or a long time ago. See: The shit that happened to ege020 all the damned time and also happens to The Cat a lot.

That has to do with one of the other things I hate.

The Pot having the nerve to call me black.

Sliver on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2008
    The reports from this thread reminded me of two things. 1) Silver is an idiot and 2) I hate bitching and "things I hate" threads. You'll just have to wait for Tube's forum to have one.

You see, I'm doing something about the things I hate. You people could learn a thing or two from me.

Tycho wrote:
    I thought that I had uploaded the comic, but I also thought I was a ninja for a time, which culminated in a grievous leg injury. The strip is up now, for reals this time.

20030108h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    And yes, I am aware that the lighting solution on the new Gameboy Advance SP is technically a frontlight, not unlike Triton Labs' Afterburner product. I am very curious to see how Nintendo's solution compares to the unofficial add-in. Very curious indeed.

Dropping here on March 23rd, this new Gameboy will arrive just shy of two years after its predecessor. I want to be angry about that, but I can't, because it's platinum. Have you seen it? I just want to snatch it up in my talons and try to incorporate it into my nest somehow. I guess I'd be angrier if it made deeper changes to the system, necessitating an upgrade for all portable gamers - but the fact is that no upgrade is really required, especially if you've gone to the trouble if installing a lighting system or tacked on one of those FloodLights. I would call myself very interested in it, because I like to adopt things, and when I adopt them I like to adopt them early. The rechargeable battery pack is something we should have seen a long time ago. If I get my hands on it, though, and it doesn't measure up? I don't feel like Nintendo has me between a rock and a hard place. In fact, I feel like they're the ones that are kind of tense. Cell phones and cell manufacturers are trying to eat their lunch with simple, portable games that ride on devices people already carry around with them.

I appear to have gotten onto some new PR list at Microsoft, because Freelancer and Impossible Creatures showed up a few days ago completely uninvited but not necessarily unwelcome. Let's talk about them in reverse alphabetical order.

Impossible Creatures does absolutely nothing for me. I did not enjoy typing that sentence, because I have massive loyalty to Relic and I honestly love the central concept. I'm sure you've heard of it, this is the one where you mix the animals up and I really like that part - I just don't like the game that is built up around it very much. The demo they released would never install right on my system, so maybe this is all old news to other people. As is my way, I will play it for a period of an hour and a half uninterrupted before I uninstall it. If my feeling on the matter changes - and this forced period often does reveal value - then I will let you know.

Freelancer is actually kind of weird.

You may recall that we saw the game a few years ago, two or three, Jesus, I don't remember, at an E3 showing. Things were a bit different then, and it would be underestimating my reaction to say that I thought it was vile. What had always been discussed as a sort of unofficial sequel to the Privateer franchise had become this Space Flight 101 mockery. A space game without a flight yoke seemed to me like no space game at all. I know many people have been playing them for years with mice, and had success, but that doesn't make a lick of difference to me. You would literally click on a guy, your ship would follow him automatically, and then you would click on him until he had died. Freelancer has been in the wings for a while, and I'd long assumed that it had been shelved or something - but I think the main issue is that developer Digital Anvil went through a period of very rough water. What I'm playing here is apparently some kind of press beta, so maybe there are still some changes to be made - but the game that is on the CD, as it stands, right now, is actually pretty cool. There's no flightstick option that I can see, but the Auto-Following stuff is gone, which goes a long way toward giving the game back to the player. What didn't come across at that showing we saw at the E3 is that the game is actually a sort of RPG. I know, I know. But it's true. You gain levels, levels give you access to finer technology, you take missions and gain experience. With the controls being what they are, the playing of it actually feels like a Space Adventure instead of a Sim, which I was too angry/righteous/fancy to see before. The cut scenes are ofttimes strange and stilted, and I don't particularly look forward to them. On the other hand, the combat, missions, exploration, and variety could easily be designated as a Superfun site. Oh yeah, and it also has full multiplayer in a dynamic galaxy, just like they always hoped. I can't find anybody online to test it out with, though.

The water has been off in my apartment the last couple days. You have no idea how thirsty this makes a person!

(CW)TB out.

you're lucky to even know me
    Gabe wrote:
    A few people have asked to see a larger version of the middle panel from today’s strip, minus the test box. So here it is.

Slashdot has a really interesting article up right now about Everquest. I have never played it myself or any MMORPG really for that matter but it’s still a good read. I was really looking forward to Star Wars Galaxies before I read this. I still hold out hope that it will be handled differently but this article actually has me a little scared now. If Sony is planning on running SWG the same way they do Everquest I will be one sad fanboy.

-Gabe out

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.