As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    blizzard is getting back to the basics. was just looking at the latest patch notes and saw this gem:
    The Abyss Shard has been changed to grant a passive 15 stamina bonus, but no longer removes the soul shard requirement from casting a voidwalker.
    that's the classic "fun nerf" I remember from the first year or 2 of the game - making a trinket useless for no reason.
    I guess warlocks getting 1 free shard an hour was just way too overpowered.

In the slightly more relevant to everyone category: improved divine spirit is getting knocked down to 6% from 10.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    actually i quite liked the way its all bright white, until it lands and you see its a smooth edgeless untextured white. From afar it looks awesome though.
    I'm not sure if it's intended to be skeletal or not but it makes the other two login screens look like shit. It's cool to see they're really trying to improve the little things, too.

815165 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kunohara wrote: »
    One of the new BS helms

162 stam. I can't wait to see other lvl 80 items. Stats are gonna make my dick hard.

jesus christ

<- levelling blacksmithing

holy shit

what the hell is this, i thought stamina wasn't going to be as big a shift, yet you have the Faceplate of the Impenetrable with 82 stam and this with 162?

Right but keep in mind the couple of drawbacks that helm has:

1. No sockets, including no meta.
    2. It has +defense but no other tanky stats. The Faceplate is 2% dodge, 3% shield block. With the strength -> shield block changes, the face plate also has 15 more BV.

So yeah, overall the new helm is better, but not quite the insane amount it seems like from the stamina gain.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also Engineers are getting wrist mounted rocket launchers. It might not seem huge but that's a 2k threat lead to start, and even with a cast time it should let you get an AS off.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    And cause triple posting is cool.....fucking wrist mounted rocket launchers? Fucking cool.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Someone needs to come Boomkin with me and a friend for Arcane Mage + Disc Priest+ Moonkin for 3v3 in WotLK imo...

Mgcw on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so has anyone tanked Kael before? When I did it I completely forgot about bubbling through the Pyroblast because whenever I tried it in MgT, Kael ended up using the Pyro on someone else...does it work?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    so has anyone tanked Kael before? When I did it I completely forgot about bubbling through the Pyroblast because whenever I tried it in MgT, Kael ended up using the Pyro on someone else...does it work?

No idea...I just ended up using LoH.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I've heard paladins can bubble through it. Warriors can also barely scratch by with Shield Wall and Last Stand. Otherwise, you're supposed to burn down his shield and then bash/pummel/kick/ect.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh i'm not worried about getting back up to health after the Pyro..my healers are insanely good and managed to work out a similar style to Brutallus where two maxrank heals would land immediately before and after the pyro hit, to ensure I was topped off when it struck, and healed to full when it had landed.

the only problem is that my affliction lock died and i lost blood pact, having been able to bubble would have saved a lot of stress (OH GOD GET THE SHIELD DOWN I CANT TAKE TWO PYROS

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Using a Nightmare Seed/Fire Protection Potion combination, you can get through three shock barrier rotations without Last Stand or Shield Wall.

But on the fourth, both are on cooldown for 1 minute more.

Luckily, we have great interruptors and they got it off at the last second.,

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ah, I've always been under the impression that without an outside influence like a pally bubble, Pyroblast is always a OHKO on everything.

Then again, I've fought heroic Kael all of once, so I'm certainly no expert on it.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ah, I've always been under the impression that without an outside influence like a pally bubble, Pyroblast is always a OHKO on everything.

Then again, I've fought heroic Kael all of once, so I'm certainly no expert on it.

It would be in TK as well, but the buff you get from healers using the mace reduces fire damage taken by 50% so it gets to be within survivable ranges.

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the pyro hits for 50k.

The mace buff reduces that to 25k, Righteous Fury reduces it by 6%, Spell Warding (which I had for the fight) reduces it a further 4% for a total of 2500 reduction, making it hit for 22.5. I have about 21.5k raid buffed hp, not including Commanding Shout or Blood Pact.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So... tanking weapons now have caster weapon DPS. How do we, as a community, feel about that?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Noone tanks through white weapon damage, and physical damage classes wouldn't use those weapons while not tanking anyway. So really it's just a gain of item budget.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    so currently i've capped eight towers in this EotS match by hiding behind them.

i really dont think the terrain should allow for this

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I started tinkering with a dual-box pair for the referral deal they're running. I still haven't invested anything extra, using Octopus for key/mouse broadcasting (it's free software) and my second account is still trial. I've gotten movement and simple nuke spell coordination down, though there is a lot more to smooth out.

The biggest issue is me trying to decide what pair to run. I'm pretty much set on just doing a pair of the same class for the sheer simplicity. Don't really feel like trying to get two different classes to work together off the same hotkeys. My main test pair has been two warlocks, which got a few bars from 4 before finishing the very first kill quest. They level too fast to buy skills when they're initially available at this level, I'll have to send some cash and bags to them.

My main goal here is to get two to 60 and then dump the secondary account. I don't really feel like paying two subscriptions for more than a month so I'll just see how many 60's I can get levelled up on my main account in 30 days and then dump the new account (or gift it to a friend "Here, have some 60's").

It's actually not as complicated as I thought, and you can totally set up your own system that makes sense to you for controlling two characters at once with software like Octopus. I might try making a good OP for this specific type of setup. While there is a lot of info on Dual-Boxing.com's wiki, it's very scattered and some of it is outdated (macro commands that don't work anymore).

edit: Something minor, might seem obvious but I didn't think of it immediately. The summoning spell for the linked accounts shows up in the friends list rather than the spellbook itself. Apparently the first step was to add my "friend" to my friends list and there I would have seen the summon spell within the friends window itself.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So... tanking weapons now have caster weapon DPS. How do we, as a community, feel about that?

Paladin tanking weapons always have had the caster weapon DPS and speed....so it's not exactly new to us. Of course looking at the new BS stuff...there is a caster weapon with the same physical DPS as the melee version.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I wish that all these "summons a spirit" type crap healers have now actually summoned a spirit that you could see, that would be super cool.

815165 on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Paladin tanking weapons always have had the caster weapon DPS and speed....so it's not exactly new to us. Of course looking at the new BS stuff...there is a caster weapon with the same physical DPS as the melee version.

And druids have never cared about weapon DPS... EVER.

We just want the delicious stats.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    So I started tinkering with a dual-box pair for the referral deal they're running. I still haven't invested anything extra, using Octopus for key/mouse broadcasting (it's free software) and my second account is still trial. I've gotten movement and simple nuke spell coordination down, though there is a lot more to smooth out.

The biggest issue is me trying to decide what pair to run. I'm pretty much set on just doing a pair of the same class for the sheer simplicity. Don't really feel like trying to get two different classes to work together off the same hotkeys. My main test pair has been two warlocks, which got a few bars from 4 before finishing the very first kill quest. They level too fast to buy skills when they're initially available at this level, I'll have to send some cash and bags to them.

My main goal here is to get two to 60 and then dump the secondary account. I don't really feel like paying two subscriptions for more than a month so I'll just see how many 60's I can get levelled up on my main account in 30 days and then dump the new account (or gift it to a friend "Here, have some 60's").

It's actually not as complicated as I thought, and you can totally set up your own system that makes sense to you for controlling two characters at once with software like Octopus. I might try making a good OP for this specific type of setup. While there is a lot of info on Dual-Boxing.com's wiki, it's very scattered and some of it is outdated (macro commands that don't work anymore).

edit: Something minor, might seem obvious but I didn't think of it immediately. The summoning spell for the linked accounts shows up in the friends list rather than the spellbook itself. Apparently the first step was to add my "friend" to my friends list and there I would have seen the summon spell within the friends window itself.

Could you tell me how you set up the keybindings with Octopus? I tried to do that for two instances on a single comp but I couldn't get it to broadcast (or, I couldn't get the other instance to receive).

Tomanta on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Asking various people at work about how I could play two charcters at the same time without using any addons {I play sometimes on other people's computers and I don't think the other people would be happy about finding a addon on thier computer}

One answers that I could alt tab them together but then another said that could not work due to my computer because it could kill both. They went on to say I could play in Windows mode with them both

What I am trying to say is does anyone else know I can play if I got another account with both of them? I don't want to use any Ui/Marcos because I don't use the same computer all the time.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    sedosedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What would be a good earmark (stat-wise) for starting to do karazhan for a prot warrior and a hunter?

sedo on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ugh. Seven + wins on my hunter and no pet.
    The hell?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    The hell?

I think because my warlock and troll rogue got the pet by being first in honour kills or damage done? My warlock went on a rampage in WSG getting 31 killing blows doing over 250k in damage and dying once and I got the pet after that game. My troll rogue got it just killing people trying for Frostwolf Graveyard was not first in kills but did over 100k in damage so I guess you have to hit some kind of high mark to get the dragon

Brainleech on
  • Options
    lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    sedo wrote: »
    What would be a good earmark (stat-wise) for starting to do karazhan for a prot warrior and a hunter?

For a protection warrior to start Kara I think you need 490 defense and about 10k health to start. At least that is what I had when I started tanking Kara.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got my pet after I did an awesome EotS where we kept 3 towers from the start and capped the flag every time. That was such a fun quick game.

Opty on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The hell?

I think because my warlock and troll rogue got the pet by being first in honour kills or damage done? My warlock went on a rampage in WSG getting 31 killing blows doing over 250k in damage and dying once and I got the pet after that game. My troll rogue got it just killing people trying for Frostwolf Graveyard was not first in kills but did over 100k in damage so I guess you have to hit some kind of high mark to get the dragon

I got the pet on my warrior afking in AV

Scroffus on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Someone needs to come Boomkin with me and a friend for Arcane Mage + Disc Priest+ Moonkin for 3v3 in WotLK imo...

Moonkin talents in WotLK are pretty hot. There's a perfect 55/0/16 raid build where you get everything you'd want in a raid. Then with the dual spec thing and collapsed caster itemization on top of it you could have a healing spec to switch to for PvP.

Ridiculous. Already have a 70 horde moonkin on a trash PvE server, now leveling up a new alliance one on a good PvP server. Alliance forms look so much better than horde forms.. just sucks being a pos night elf.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    The hell?

I got the pet on my warrior afking in AV

There's irony here, and/or something scathing to say about sports in general, but instead I'll just take the high ground and say that you're a bad person.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I wish I didn't have to be a bad person, but the pvp grind the third time around gets pretty old.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Since I keep asking

Does anyone know how I can play two accounts without using a mod on the same computer?

I had discussed alt/tabing and windowing it with people at work but I was curious does anyone else know of a way?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Running both on windowed mode and alt tabbing between them works. I think you'll need to create another WoW Directory (copy + paste) to run two (not 100% on that). Getting a program to broadcast keystrokes to both clients works great too though. I have an autoit3 script that does it (I could upload it if you want, can't remember where I got it from).

Scroffus on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Since I keep asking

Does anyone know how I can play two accounts without using a mod on the same computer?

I had discussed alt/tabing and windowing it with people at work but I was curious does anyone else know of a way?

Without any macros or programs you're pretty much stuck with windowing and alt/tabbing.

reVerse on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got the pet and the tabard from joining an in-progress WSG, I was in the BG for a grand total of 5 minutes, both were mailed at the same time.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well I know I can alt tab on my computer I have not tried it since I upgraded from 1g to 4g of memory. With 1g I just had a semi frame issue or small lag problem
    All I am planning on doing with a 2nd account is make a shaman to follow around my warlock or if I respec my warrior back to arms maybe a 20/29 or higher bracket pvper and whatever else I can think of
    I really did not have a plan nor know what I was doing when I was given the game in my very drugged state by my brother to occupy my time

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Has anyone else noticed anything odd about BG numbers the past couple of days? Right now I'm in AV1898.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    NezzarNezzar Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yes, the european servers behave the same way. Not sure if that's intented but it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Nezzar on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Someone needs to come Boomkin with me and a friend for Arcane Mage + Disc Priest + Moonkin for 3v3 in WotLK imo...

Moonkin talents in WotLK are pretty hot. There's a perfect 55/0/16 raid build where you get everything you'd want in a raid. Then with the dual spec thing and collapsed caster itemization on top of it you could have a healing spec to switch to for PvP.

Ridiculous. Already have a 70 horde moonkin on a trash PvE server, now leveling up a new alliance one on a good PvP server. Alliance forms look so much better than horde forms.. just sucks being a pos night elf.

Well, I meant Moonkin for PvP. Power Infused Arcane Blast spam + Moonkin Aura buff = heyooooo massive crits then proc Missile Barrage AP+Pyro someone and arcane missile nuke , also innervate and moonfire spam and 24 yard cyclone and typhoon and starfall and entangling roots and treants. Epic. Seriously wtb moonkin.

Mgcw on
This discussion has been closed.