As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! Updated OP 8/9

1545556575860»

• Fran GoatFran Goat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Typically I try to read every post on a thread before I reply. I didn't even bother with this one.

My OCD is too seveer to even try that. I wouldn't have been able to go long before breaking down and reading every single post. I can't even finish an RPG without reading EVERY line of text there. It really becomes a pain in games like Oblivion when I try find every line of text before moving to the next town.

Fran Goat on
  • Gravy RobberGravy Robber Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    by the way, it have it layered as psd if you want it

Gravy Robber on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iFoldiFold Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The hardest button to button... and have shipped

I’d definitely like to participate in the Button Exchange but I’m up here in Canada and shipping wouldn’t make it in time. Stuff shipped to Canada is deconstructed into its atoms and then in a time consuming process put back together again (or so I assume). Would I be able to have them shipped to someone in the US?

iFold on
  • PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I finally ordered mine today, since I kept putting it off and realized today was the last day...

I'm running low on cash, so I only ordered 50. I guess that's okay, there's always next year. :P

Psychoish on
  • ShDragonShDragon Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    No one here knows me (I just registered today), but as someone said earlier "What better way to met people", so.. I just bought my buttons. Here's hoping they arrive in time.

My button design is going to be:
    moogle.jpg
    (I don't have any photo editing software at all, so I left it in their hands. We'll see what it turns out like exactly.)

ShDragon on
  • HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aww, frack. Uh... OK, revising things a bit on the link to my image, having not known that freehostia would do that. Let's try a non-direct-link version.

For the checklist spreadsheet thing, uh... I gave the same link as the one in here that didn't work. So... If that doesn't work right, this one should be foolproof. (fingers crossed...)

HikariStarshine on
  • RhevikRhevik Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Order is in! This is going to be so awesome, even though I haven't met any of you (to my knowledge...).

Button in its final (hopefully legible) form:
    slimeButtonGood.png

Rhevik on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The person keeping up with the spreadsheet list has said that we are over 75 at this point and approaching 100. That's PARTICIPANTS not BUTTONS (which is even higher thanks to bonus buttons). To make sure you aren't being that jerk who is asking for buttons with nothing to give back(;-)) I recommend ordering 100.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PA Button Thread... One Hundred Pages of metal pins and JPEGs and MADNESS?

Time will tell, friends.

(As it will tell if I receive my order in time... gulp!)

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Shits yeah, I got my buttons today. Photographic evidence below.

Spoilered for AWESOME and H-Scroll Rapage. Rapeage? Probably not a word anyway.
    DSC_00031.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_00081.jpg

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Fran GoatFran Goat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rhevik wrote: »
    Order is in! This is going to be so awesome, even though I haven't met any of you (to my knowledge...).

Button in its final (hopefully legible) form:
    slimeButtonGood.png

Are you sure that's large enough?

Fran Goat on
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I gots mah buttons:

mare-button.jpg

I believe the count was 112.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

DSC_00031.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_00081.jpg

hottt

can't wait to get mine =D

waffleboi9 on
  • RhevikRhevik Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fran Goat wrote: »
    Rhevik wrote: »
    Rhevik's button stuff

Are you sure that's large enough?

I used the 1.5" template that they provided and just erased all the template lines when I had mine centered and fixed it up a bit. Everything is set to fit into the dotted circle portion of the template, so I hope it's big enough...

Rhevik on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

DSC_00031.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_00081.jpg

God damn Solid_Steve, what kind of camera do you have? Those are like the best quality pics in the whole thread.

redhalo on
  • HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    JoshEEE wrote: »
    I ordered my buttons, but there was an error when I submitted. It was billed to my credit card, so I think my order is in before the deadline...but I didn't get a confirmation or anything.
    E-mail PureButtons.com at info@purebuttons.com, tell them the name you gave them and ask for a receipt or confirmation that your order went through. It'll leave you less worried about if it went through or not.

Fran Goat wrote: »
    Typically I try to read every post on a thread before I reply. I didn't even bother with this one.

My OCD is too seveer to even try that. I wouldn't have been able to go long before breaking down and reading every single post. I can't even finish an RPG without reading EVERY line of text there. It really becomes a pain in games like Oblivion when I try find every line of text before moving to the next town.
    I hear ya, I had terrible OCD for a long time. I'd do the same stuff, read every line, reread some, keep up with threads I didn't even care about. The most helpful thing is not giving into the urges. Giving into them just makes it worse, once you resist enough(as annoying as it is), you should eventually find it easier to deal with. Also, medication can help. (I did both medication and resisting) I'm free ^^

Hammy on
  • PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    iFold wrote: »
    The hardest button to button... and have shipped

I’d definitely like to participate in the Button Exchange but I’m up here in Canada and shipping wouldn’t make it in time. Stuff shipped to Canada is deconstructed into its atoms and then in a time consuming process put back together again (or so I assume). Would I be able to have them shipped to someone in the US?

you can have em shipped to me if no one else is offering, but i'm in minnesota and it seemed to take awhile for my buttons to get to me, although since it is 20 days away, i'd guess there is a enough time.

Petesalzl on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This thread is about to attempt to escape it's mortal bounds

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    proXimity wrote: »
    This thread is about to attempt to escape it's mortal bounds

I thought it did like when this thread made the "Most Posts in the history of PAX Forum" mark??

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

DSC_00031.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_00081.jpg

God damn Solid_Steve, what kind of camera do you have? Those are like the best quality pics in the whole thread.

Nikon D40. I love it, and it's so awesome and useful, but sadly, it's not mine. It's a pricey item- I doubt I could afford one easily, what with being a dirt-poor college student.

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
    edited August 2008
    Refreshed OP up. Holy crap guys, by on my list (not the google doc one) we have about 130 participants. That is a conservative guesstimate as the last update proved that we have people who have received buttons, but are just now stating their intention to play and also we have people who have supposedly ordered, but are not posting any pictures at all.

Keep the pics coming guys.

redhalo on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wow, I didn't count my badges yet, hopefully I have got lots more than 100 (I ordered 100, but most people seem to get quite a few more than the order amount)

LewieP on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    psst... redhalo... update the companion cube bonus button i made to the second attempt.

http://slackalicio.us/junk/CubeButtonAttempt2-Preview.png

The Deliverator on
    edited August 2008
    psst... redhalo... update the companion cube bonus button i made to the second attempt.

http://slackalicio.us/junk/CubeButtonAttempt2-Preview.png

psst, done.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    So Moe says we will need to make a new thread soon out of tradition. I say I want a 3000 GET. What's the thoughts from the buttoneers? Is Moe capable of being persuaded?

redhalo on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    What? No.

Threads are capped at 100 pages. After that the thread gets locked. There's no persuading, that's just how it is.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I found a bunch of buttons I can use for bonus buttons! Yay!

LewieP on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    What? No.

Threads are capped at 100 pages. After that the thread gets locked. There's no persuading, that's just how it is.

WHYYY? Theres no reason for it! I vote 3000!

The Deliverator on
    edited August 2008
    What? No.

Moe's scared the other mods will think he's soft.

redhalo on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What? No.

Just change your settings to show 1 post per page. Voila!

Atlus Parker on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There is actually a good technical reason for it, (whether the mods are aware of it or not) that involves the way pagination is handled. I won't go in to it here, but 100 pages is a reasonable spot for a new thread.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited August 2008
    What? No.

Just change your settings to show 1 post per page. Voila!

How does that get us a 3000 GET!

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    That and the thread is huge and people don't want to read through it anymore.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008
    That and the thread is huge and people don't want to read through it anymore.

Do we want to just go ahead and do the deed then? OK, I'm making a new thread now.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    Sure, post the link to the new thread here and I'll lock it.

edit: wait I got it

NEW BUTTON THREAD!
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=66176

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.