As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cyclone and Typhoon, fully talented, have a range of 28 yards due to Nature's Reach + Gale Winds, and I hear treants got a pet bar. Balance is looking awesome.

Opty on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Anyone know if you can do the account linking with a trial account, and if the linking is available in Europe?

Tav on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The account linking is intended to be done with a trial account, basically. You don't get a free month unless they buy a month and your don't get a mount unless they buy two. You do get the 300% exp bonus but trial accounts cap at 20 and that's like an hour of play when you've got 300% exp.

Opty on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Does anyone know if you can do the account linking with a second account in your name?

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    polloface wrote: »
    spoiler'd for HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

seems the new hairstyles will be the allready implemented heairstyles shared between races, barring horns for tauren or course

edit: the site seems a little borked at the moment, so if they dont come up thats the reason, but the night elf has a mohawk
    betahairstyles_formattingmale_draenei.jpg
    betahairstyles_formattingmale_orc.jpg
    betahairstyles_formattingmale_tauren.jpg

pulling this from a bit back, but it is confirmed, these are new hairstyles, atleast tested on my draenei

and after checking it, its now gone. to those that diddnt catch it the first time, they are reusing other races hair styles for the new barbershor for some races, like draenei get a BE style or 2, gnomes get a bunch of UD styles and UD get some human ones

polloface on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    Running both on windowed mode and alt tabbing between them works. I think you'll need to create another WoW Directory (copy + paste) to run two (not 100% on that).
    No you don't. Just run WoW from the same directory; I do it all the time.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Running both on windowed mode and alt tabbing between them works. I think you'll need to create another WoW Directory (copy + paste) to run two (not 100% on that).
    No you don't. Just run WoW from the same directory; I do it all the time.

Thats alright then. I have 2 copys since I keep one on max detail and one on min detail.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    harrisonjonesvl4.jpg
    harrisonjonesvl4.9a5036bc0f.jpg

Ha.

Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    One more thing about the account linking, can three accounts be linked? So, for example, could me and a friend make an account between us and link it to our original accounts to help us level alts on eachothers server?

Tav on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    One more thing about the account linking, can three accounts be linked? So, for example, could me and a friend make an account between us and link it to our original accounts to help us level alts on eachothers server?

The new account is linked to the account that referred it. Only one.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

The new account is linked to the account that referred it. Only one.

Ok, cheers.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Accounts are linked in pairs, so one account pairing out of three won't be linked.

Edit: Too slow! But to answer someone else's question, the two accounts can have identical information, yes.

Opty on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Opty wrote: »
    Edit: Too slow! But to answer someone else's question, the two accounts can have identical information, yes.

This works because this was their evil plan all along. I'd wager 80%+ of their RAF accounts are existing customers opening secondary accounts for the bonuses.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    * When casting a spell:

o The first and second hit will add .5 secs each to the cast time.
    o All hits after the second will have no effect.

* When channeling a spell:

o The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.

Implemented in the newest beta build.

Can't wait to hear the crying this will cause.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Like spell pushback affects anyone anymore anyway?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    tell that to a priest trying to mind flay or cast any spell while a rogue is on them?

tyrannus on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is huge. HUGE I TELLS YA

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, Concentration Aura isn't required anymore, now?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kunohara wrote: »
    * When casting a spell:

o The first and second hit will add .5 secs each to the cast time.

* When channeling a spell:

o The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.

Implemented in the newest beta build.

Can't wait to hear the crying this will cause.

Do tears of happiness count?

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is good news for melee hybrids as well, when we need to get off a heal and couldn't afford to put points the push-back reduction talents on healing spells.

Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I remember the old day of EQ where getting hit would cancel the spellcast completely.

Honestly, I don't see why the pushback needs to be changed now.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tomanta wrote: »
    meatflower wrote: »
    So I started tinkering with a dual-box pair for the referral deal they're running. I still haven't invested anything extra, using Octopus for key/mouse broadcasting (it's free software) and my second account is still trial. I've gotten movement and simple nuke spell coordination down, though there is a lot more to smooth out.

The biggest issue is me trying to decide what pair to run. I'm pretty much set on just doing a pair of the same class for the sheer simplicity. Don't really feel like trying to get two different classes to work together off the same hotkeys. My main test pair has been two warlocks, which got a few bars from 4 before finishing the very first kill quest. They level too fast to buy skills when they're initially available at this level, I'll have to send some cash and bags to them.

My main goal here is to get two to 60 and then dump the secondary account. I don't really feel like paying two subscriptions for more than a month so I'll just see how many 60's I can get levelled up on my main account in 30 days and then dump the new account (or gift it to a friend "Here, have some 60's").

It's actually not as complicated as I thought, and you can totally set up your own system that makes sense to you for controlling two characters at once with software like Octopus. I might try making a good OP for this specific type of setup. While there is a lot of info on Dual-Boxing.com's wiki, it's very scattered and some of it is outdated (macro commands that don't work anymore).

edit: Something minor, might seem obvious but I didn't think of it immediately. The summoning spell for the linked accounts shows up in the friends list rather than the spellbook itself. Apparently the first step was to add my "friend" to my friends list and there I would have seen the summon spell within the friends window itself.

Could you tell me how you set up the keybindings with Octopus? I tried to do that for two instances on a single comp but I couldn't get it to broadcast (or, I couldn't get the other instance to receive).

I'm going to start a new thread in about 15 minutes with a little rundown for those out there who want to try it out.

edit: Thread is go...took a lot longer than I thought.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    So, Concentration Aura isn't required anymore, now?

most talent-based spell pushback resist things at 70%. so it's still very useful

tyrannus on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    Morithain wrote: »
    This is good news for melee hybrids as well, when we need to get off a heal and couldn't afford to put points the push-back reduction talents on healing spells.
    Eh...most builds seem to be able to get their pushback talents for PvP. So far I'm only having trouble with Ret Paladins, but they have ways around it.

Pushback has been a mechanic long overdue for a change. The last important thing in PvP to get fixed is dispelling.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So here I thought the Spirit of Competition pet and tabard would be awesome for PVP, getting more games going, with more players wanting to play. Turns out I was wrong.

All it did for Horde in my battlegroup was bring out all the retards who were before too scared to even think about PVP, so they just huddle up in a corner and die. While for Alliance it seems to have done the opposite, and they just destroyed us in every single BG I played.

Seriously, there was a horde premade AV, with 37 people in the premade, so only 3 pugs. And they got stomped by an all PuG alliance group team. How sad is that.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    EWom wrote: »
    So here I thought the Spirit of Competition pet and tabard would be awesome for PVP, getting more games going, with more players wanting to play. Turns out I was wrong.

All it did for Horde in my battlegroup was bring out all the retards who were before too scared to even think about PVP, so they just huddle up in a corner and die. While for Alliance it seems to have done the opposite, and they just destroyed us in every single BG I played.

Seriously, there was a horde premade AV, with 37 people in the premade, so only 3 pugs. And they got stomped by an all PuG alliance group team. How sad is that.

Want to trade servers? I have yet to win AV as alliance after more than 36 games (I have 36 tokens, but that's not counting the ones I quit because the first 10 minutes was 16 v 40). This was before and two after the Spirit of Competition and nothing changed. Well other than being in AV 1 or 2, I'm in AV 35. I just wanted to win once so I could get the spear.

Though we own WSG. I don't know how we can suck so bad at AV and rule so hard at WSG, but we do. I got more than 50 tokens from it today and after 18 wins I finally got my dragon pet.

Invisible on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    EWom wrote: »

As alliance I noticed this also, as soon as it started we won most games. except when out of the blue a premade of sunwell players stomped us.

It takes back my thoughts on alliance players being bad at pvp, it now goes in my head that alliance dont really want to pvp, and that people who play horde are people who actively seek it out.

(atleast this is what I tell myself everytime I lose a bg)

polloface on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    a premade is no different then a PUG if there is no coordination.

Kartan on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yep, pretty much. I've being doing premmies all weekend and the difference in coordination is unreal. In some of them we don't even need to talk since we just do everything without bother, yet in others I'm screaming for help while trying to get the flag.

Tav on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I took my newly level 70 warrior to Arathi in mix blue/greens.

D:

Respecced to prot and joined LFG 10 minutes later.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fun fact about Mage Water Elementals: When you get out of combat and re-stealth, while they stop attacking you, they still know where you are and will run right on top of you. And if you try to move, they'll follow you around. Other pets just untarget you and return to their master.

Thought it was funny.

reVerse on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    and, because they just mindlessly cast on you, its quite difficult to time a vanish so that neither the mage or his elemental has a bolt flying through the air at you at the time to immediately unstealth you

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Does that really work?

I've been postmortem shadowbolted in AB before, but it didn't do any damage.

The bolt actually stopped chasing my corpse and flew halfway across the map to hit my newly resurrected ass.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah.

if there's a bolt in midair and the rogue vanishes, when it lands, it'll pop him out of stealth

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Other pets stop attacking? Usually they just keep chasing you and then autoattack you out of stealth (or did they change this recently?)

Scroffus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Other pets stop attacking? Usually they just keep chasing you and then autoattack you out of stealth (or did they change this recently?)

Apparently they changed it.

Well, Warlock pets anyway. I'm yet to outrun a Hunter pet because all the bloody Hunters I meet are BM.

reVerse on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, I'm thinking of keeping my mage at 69 when I get there and just pvping to get the welfare honor gear. Do you get less honor at 69 then at 70?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So, I'm thinking of keeping my mage at 69 when I get there and just pvping to get the welfare honor gear. Do you get less honor at 69 then at 70?

I don't see any sensible reason to do this. The best honor is in AV, and in AV you'll be competing with level 70s anyway.

reVerse on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »

Ok from what I can tell on my blood elf rogue level 49 right now and my hunter when she was 50-59 it was the same but the quests gave me less honour

Brainleech on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, but I hate AV. In WSG, EoTS and AB I would actually be able to win, and not be waste of space to the team.

Rizzi on
This discussion has been closed.