As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Officer wrote: »
    Extra buttons in the process of ordering. Given that the turnaround time has gone down to 9-10 days, I am thinking I could get these in time. Here are the designs. I want to get them in 1.25 inch size.

Both of them are Doctor Who-ish.
    10DoctorsButton.jpg

And this one.
    SteampunkDalekButton.jpg

*Keels. Dies. WANTS BOTH*

I am willing to hand over an LHH Button for one of those. (Maybe both since you are super-hot like that. ...So I've heard BA state... *Shifty-eyes; avoiding a beat-down from BA for adding words in mouth*)

HOW DARE Y... Wait... well.... okay yeah, he is XD

Oh you... tee hee.

Yes. Got away with that one...barely.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    oy! I filled out yer form a few days ago. Take me offa "all talk" =D

waffleboi9 on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    waffleboi9 wrote: »
    oy! I filled out yer form a few days ago. Take me offa "all talk" =D

pics or it didnt happen :P

And as for needing more than 100... I'm not going to order anymore... As long as I get most of the irc people, and some of the early adopters, I will be happy :) Besides... there's not going to be many that I wont be able to get... and plus, this is assuming that everyone with designs with participate and not flake...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    And as for needing more than 100... I'm not going to order anymore... As long as I get most of the irc people, and some of the early adopters, I will be happy :) Besides... there's not going to be many that I wont be able to get... and plus, this is assuming that everyone with designs with participate and not flake...

...Why in the bullocks would we flake out??

CaptainTapole on
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

...Why in the bullocks would we flake out??

You never know...

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For the sake of sanity in this thread, and to keep it down to less than 100 pages, I suggest we not post next year's button designs yet :(

They'll just get lost in the pruning that will happen before the boards explode next year.

TrainwreckX on
    edited August 2008
    For the sake of sanity in this thread, and to keep it down to less than 100 pages, I suggest we not post next year's button designs yet :(

They'll just get lost in the pruning that will happen before the boards explode next year.

It will more than likely hit 100 even without the posting of next year's stuff.

CaptainTapole on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Extra buttons in the process of ordering. Given that the turnaround time has gone down to 9-10 days, I am thinking I could get these in time. Here are the designs. I want to get them in 1.25 inch size.

10DoctorsButton.jpg

And this one.
    SteampunkDalekButton.jpg

So want!
    Don't read the next bit if you've not seen the last episode in the series that's just finished! Thanks, Snickers, forgot about the difference in time when you lot can watch it!
    At the end of the last series, when Dr Who went back into the Tardis, I just cried, cos he was all on his own again. LP's daddy walked in, said whats wrong? I started explaining how he'd had to leave Rose, that he was all alone again... he just said Oh, yes, I've seen you like this over Dr Who, and just walked away! heartless man.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LPM, spoiler that! I'm fairly certain not everyone has seen that far! >.> I have, but still!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah..that needs to be spoilered...I started to read that..then realized I haven't watched it yet, but plan to very soon...luckily I didn't read too much.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
    edited August 2008
    Yes, spoilered with a WARNING :P

Snickers on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

10DoctorsButton.jpg

And this one.
    SteampunkDalekButton.jpg

So want!

GENUINE SPOILER, NOT THE KIND WE USE ALL THE TIME BUT A REAL ONE PERTAINING TO DOCTOR WHO!
    At the end of the last series, when Dr Who went back into the Tardis, I just cried, cos he was all on his own again. LP's daddy walked in, said whats wrong? I started explaining how he'd had to leave Rose, that he was all alone again... he just said Oh, yes, I've seen you like this over Dr Who, and just walked away! heartless man.

Oh, totally, I forgot we have UK folks participating, I'm sure you've loved the Doctor longer than I have hehe :P.

BA got me watching a couple of years ago since she has been watching the show since she was 3 years old. Literally, 3. I will save one special for you, LPM.

Officer on
  • FallenEverdarkFallenEverdark Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am "Invested" btw, they are paid for, order complete.

FallenEverdark on
    99385a13f2cb9_48x48.gif
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am not ordering more than 100. It was already $9 shipping for that bunch, and lots and lots of people only have 50 buttons so it is entirely possible I won't be able to get every button anyway. As long as I have traded most of my buttons, I'll be happy.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I thought long and hard (kekeke) over the weekend, and I think I'm going to stay with 50. Why? Because I don't know where I'm going to store 100 effing pins after PAX. I don't even know where I am putting 50... or what I'll actually DO with them.

Also, do I only get on the "Invested" list when I recieve my buttons? Cause I totally ordered them 2 days ago.

TrainwreckX on
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    haha, yeah, those are one of my bonus buttons, so theres only going to be 25 of them, and I'm not sure the stipulations yet :P
    Ummm...since I am your dad and I DID pay for PAX, Pre PAX Dinner, Initial buttons for you, your sis and myself, and BYOC I think I may deserve one piddly bonus button....ha.
    r

I soooooo cant wait for PAX....gonna go into overload mode now....

Rayman on
  • PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you're willing to pay increased shipping, http://www.wackybuttons.com/turnaround.htm wackybuttons looks like it can still get buttons out in time. I'll probably end up using them.

It's still cheaper to use Purebuttons with a rush on the order than it is to use those guys... Purebuttons=Pure win

Oh, and look what came in today:
    zslf60.jpg
    2hcqm4n.jpg

Im still waiting for the rest of them

both awesome, but i think i need a why so serious one.

Petesalzl on
    edited August 2008
    Rayman wrote: »
    haha, yeah, those are one of my bonus buttons, so theres only going to be 25 of them, and I'm not sure the stipulations yet :P
    Ummm...since I am your dad and I DID pay for PAX, Pre PAX Dinner, Initial buttons for you, your sis and myself, and BYOC I think I may deserve one piddly bonus button....ha.
    r

I soooooo cant wait for PAX....gonna go into overload mode now....

Yeah, of course you and savie are guaranteed one of each of the bonuses :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Rocket TacoRocket Taco Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Crap, I forgot to post my image. I need to get off the all talk list, if it's not too late, buttons were ordered 08-07-08.
    taco.png

Rocket Taco on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I so hope I get that button.

parabola on
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, of course you and savie are guaranteed one of each of the bonuses :P
    It so pays to have connections...ha.

r

Rayman on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just counted, I have 109.

LewieP on
  • WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zephyril received his buttons Red Halo. He is in contact woith them to try and get them fixed, but if they won't, some of them are off center, which makes them rare, which makes them VALUABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right?

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Misprint Zephyril buttons? Aye, if it's anything like baseball cards or coins they're probably worth 100 times their original value! Score! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Misprint Zephyril buttons? Aye, if it's anything like baseball cards or coins they're probably worth 100 times their original value! Score! =)

Rare buttons are rare.

GET THEM

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    [Shenmue Ryo Impersonation]
    Maybe I should get... ANOTHER....
    [/Shenmue Ryo Impersonation]

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited August 2008
    So, to re-cap whats been said before. As we keep having to do :P

INVESTED is ONLY for people who have RECEIVED BUTTONS

HAVE DESIGN is for people who have come up with a design, but not necessarily ordered buttons.

Snickers on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    So, to re-cap whats been said before. As we keep having to do :P

INVESTED is ONLY for people who have RECEIVED BUTTONS

HAVE DESIGN is for people who have come up with a design, but not necessarily ordered buttons.

To expound upon that, because I keep getting asked, If you have a design, for god sake post it. Just because you ordered them and added yourself to the google doc list you don't automatically get moved to the invested list, you need to post a picture. We are not looking for people to tell us how much they are participating, we are looking for people to show us. It's what brings us socially together.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    To help us all to find eachother...aside from the Pre-PAX-Fill-In-The-Blank stuff (for some of us have a 99.9% chance of not even getting to the Pre-Breakfast, let alone everything on Thursday evening.) and from running into eachother and the Post-Meet-Up-In-Sheraton. Here is this.
    Kyouteki wrote: »
    And you're in luck! I have a new-and-improved version this year! I should be done with inputting the schedule today and it'll be up at the latest by tomorrow! Keep an eye on www.paxscheduler.com.

...I am done with my own for Friday and most of Saturday and a little for Sunday...so I will stick with my own design. But either way! I think it will help us all.

CaptainTapole on
    edited August 2008
    To help us all to find eachother...aside from the Pre-PAX-Fill-In-The-Blank stuff (for some of us have a 99.9% chance of not even getting to the Pre-Breakfast, let alone everything on Thursday evening.) and from running into eachother and the Post-Meet-Up-In-Sheraton. Here is this.
    And you're in luck! I have a new-and-improved version this year! I should be done with inputting the schedule today and it'll be up at the latest by tomorrow! Keep an eye on www.paxscheduler.com.

...I am done with my own for Friday and most of Saturday and a little for Sunday...so I will stick with my own design. But either way! I think it will help us all.

Am I missing something??? ...because nothing is there

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited August 2008

Give it time, Dearie. He's working on it. He posted that like...6 hours ago???

CaptainTapole on
    edited August 2008

oh okay lol... just they way you said it made it sound like you were already using it :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited August 2008

oh okay lol... just they way you said it made it sound like you were already using it :P

Look at the bolded-underlined word.

...Or! In a different way of saying it. The "Lyea's-Ghettofied Design"

CaptainTapole on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, totally, I forgot we have UK folks participating, I'm sure you've loved the Doctor longer than I have hehe :P.

BA got me watching a couple of years ago since she has been watching the show since she was 3 years old. Literally, 3. I will save one special for you, LPM.

Fixt. Really sorry, folks. I'm so used to you seeing programmes before we do...
    And yes, I've seen Dr Who since the beginning, i still hide behind a cushion when the Daleks are on, and I'm dreading the cybermen coming back at Christmas - they killed Adric on my birthday!

Thank you officer!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited August 2008

And yes, I've seen Dr Who since the beginning, i still hide behind a cushion when the Daleks are on, and I'm dreading the cybermen coming back at Christmas - they killed Adric on my birthday!

Thank you officer!

CANNOT wait for the Christmas. And bastards for killing him on your birthday!

CaptainTapole on
    edited August 2008
    oh looky, I got another one of my bonus buttons...
    1zohmjs.jpg

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Thank you officer!

Those savages! Also, I have to say, one of my all time favorite assistants has to be Ace, but I liked Nyssa a lot too.

Officer on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My oldest daughter is named Nyssa after her <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I've had that site booked marked for a bit now. I am so desperate for the schedule to come out.

redhalo on
  • PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

I've had that site booked marked for a bit now. I am so desperate for the schedule to come out.

Uh... the schedule is out. D:

Psychoish on
This discussion has been closed.