As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game ON] Atlantica Online Closed Beta- LIMITED KEYS available at MMORPG.com

2»

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Ok so ive applied for the crows. Is it just me or am I the only person who picked staff for the main guy?

ewwww staff?

If you end up hating it, you can change your main char's weapon in Rome.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i'm staff also, and its awesome later on since now my main can heal all my front row for 500+ at once, brutal will the entire team for Super Effective damage, or do a simple curse spell that hits things in a row. Not to mention that the staff can do some pretty uber dps if you get equip and stats for it.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Ok so ive applied for the crows. Is it just me or am I the only person who picked staff for the main guy?

ewwww staff?

If you end up hating it, you can change your main char's weapon in Rome.

Cool I had no idea you could change your main weapon. I think I will change mine from sword then. Its really rough having her in the front row. Even with good equip she still gets the beat down.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
    edited July 2008
    Something else for people to know, grouping is quite handy in this game, from getting lots of bonus XP, to helping level new mercenaries (xp in groups is split evenly by level, xp in single is kind of on who gets killing blows along with some form damage done, making it hard to new characters to get much unless you fight low level stuff).

I will say I do like the PVP, its actually a good balance of strategy and fun, with minimal waiting, and no real issues of lag unbalancing things.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • BaratusBaratus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yea so I loved this game until about lvl 30, where monsters started to get annoying and tough and leveling seemed to really slow down. I mailed whatever stuff I had that I thought could be useful, hopefully you guys can keep up the enthusiasm, fizzled out for me.

Baratus on
    PSN: Baratus_JT
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    hard to keep up enthusiasm when I know they are just going to reset everything soon

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
    edited July 2008
    yea, but in a way, I already know what I want to do when they do reset stuff, and hopefully the market won't be so crazy (stupid ashen crystals).

I did well in the PVP tourney today, for being under-leveled and geared, still got to the quarter finals out of about 40 people and I didn't have scrolls or anything else super cheap.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I'm enjoying it. Got into the guild yesterday and hit level 20. Thanks for the all the ashen crystals Baratus, those will come in very handy very soon.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited July 2008
    Closed beta is ending on the 28th, and there is going to be a character wipe, so when the open beta starts PA could actually have a chance of taking over a city and making a name for our selves. Will see how it goes.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    TOUGH SEMEN WITH BEARLIKE STRENGTH

Unknown User on
  • MithMith Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Velmeran wrote: »
    Closed beta is ending on the 28th, and there is going to be a character wipe, so when the open beta starts PA could actually have a chance of taking over a city and making a name for our selves. Will see how it goes.

Hope so! See everybody in August for the open beta, I'll get the guild back up as fast as I can.

Mith on
    edited July 2008
    Yea, I'm definantly going to be changing how my group is setup for pvp, ARCHERS+++ pretty much to give me a good chance to shut down scroll whores and to snipe off healers/monks.

Though I think they are going to be changing alot of the PVP stuff based on feedback, and rebalancing some of the units since spearman is a little weak and effectively done better by gunners, and swordsman might tank, but do about as much damage as limp noodles. Vikings...dear god, Vikings...

But yea, I'm going to estimate a 2 week break and the game will come back up mid august. which would be great since I'd be just about finished with my summer work and have oodles of time to blow until college starts back up and I return to teaching.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
    edited August 2008
    Velmeran wrote: »

I'm game. They said 'return in august' and I've been trying since august started to get my client patched up. I think they mean in the middle of august. grr. It was enjoyable while it lasted.

Also, was anyone else aware of combos? If you have certain classes to spells in the same round, they will combine together to form super spells. There weren't very many in closed beta (like, 8 total, and most of them involved very high spells) but maybe there will be more in open beta.

Dyvion on
    edited August 2008
    from the looks of it from the korean server, the spell combos are only possibly pre-level 50 in groups, since none of the spells that combo are available to any merc but your hero before then.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
    edited August 2008
    They announced the game is set to come back August 7 at 6 PM PDT. However, this is a second closed beta phase. While the last one certainly messed with the definition of "closed", my point is that there's no word yet whether there will be another wipe. Who knows whether they really haven't decided yet or are being deliberately cagey.

Everybody who was in the first closed beta gets in automatically, and they're supposed to put up more information both on the changes and on new key distribution.

Also:
    For this new phase, two new features have been added for testing: 1) Stamina; and 2) Challenge, which is a means for more player-versus-player combat.
    Whatever that means.

Mith on
    edited August 2008
    11 days long, I might give it another try with some crazy group setup, the first levels I found very fun...

Baratus on
    edited August 2008
    I'm thinking of just getting to lvl29 or 39, then just staying there for the tourney fights that are easily the most impressive part of the game. It's nice to see PVP tourney's done well, and if they can make world PVP and the guild war PVP as entertaining this game has a solid future.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
    edited August 2008
    I'm back in, don't see Deep Crows in the guild list yet though. In Game Name is Kaidrin.

Dyvion on
    edited August 2008
    IGN: Reana, and as of now the guild is up. DeepCrows is guild number 137, on page 9 of the list.

Mith on
    edited August 2008
    Mith wrote: »
    IGN: Reana, and as of now the guild is up. DeepCrows is guild number 137, on page 9 of the list.

K, I applied. Looks like there is only 1 person currently in the guild.

I'm nearing 20, and probably going to take on another swordsman, and put my spearman in the second rank. I definately need two tanks.

Dyvion on
    edited August 2008
    I didn't see your app when I checked just now.

And yeah, interest here seems much lower than in CB1. If things don't pick up a bit I'll consider joining some existing guild instead... no rush, though, it can wait for open beta.

Mith on
    edited August 2008

And yeah, interest here seems much lower than in CB1. If things don't pick up a bit I'll consider joining some existing guild instead... no rush, though, it can wait for open beta.

Hrm... I'll go back and apply again. And if you do join an existing guild lemme know so I can get in on that :P

Dyvion on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This game looks pretty cool. Are there any apps for the next closed beta, or do we need to get keys from friends?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2008
    Heir wrote: »
    This game looks pretty cool. Are there any apps for the next closed beta, or do we need to get keys from friends?

Uh... donno. Fileplanet might still be offering keys.

Dyvion on
    edited August 2008
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Heir wrote: »

Uh... donno. Fileplanet might still be offering keys.

Hmm. All I find are the client and a beta patch. No news on the game though. I'll keep an eye on their website I guess.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Keys are at MMORPG.com. Link is in OP

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited August 2008

Hrm... I'll go back and apply again. And if you do join an existing guild lemme know so I can get in on that :P

Still don't see anything, and I checked a few times over the last couple days. Been a little busy; once I find the time to get on for an extended session I'll see what I can find out.

Mith on
    edited August 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    Keys are at MMORPG.com. Link is in OP

Awesome. Downloading now. Thanks.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2008

Still don't see anything, and I checked a few times over the last couple days. Been a little busy; once I find the time to get on for an extended session I'll see what I can find out.

Grr... I applied three times just to be sure. Hrmph. I keep trying to add you as a friend just in case you log on when I'm on, but it won't add friends who aren't online. Which is R-tarded.

Been messing around with the crafting system... a system where you collect all the resources, begin the crafting session, and then have to kill monsters to complete 'workload' to actually make the item. Depending on the difficulty of the item, and the rareity of the materials, determines how much workload is required to make the item, and how much experience is gained from actually crafting the item. I got 3 points for 30 bullets, and 70 points for crafting a single ring. Level 2 is gained at 42 skill, and level 3 at 102, i think (but i can craft WAY more bullets than rings, i've made about 300 bullets and 2 rings.) Oh, and the NPC's who actually teach the skills wander the world so you have to hunt them down to increase your levels, they don't go up automagically. And very large violent monsters wander the roads so you have to dodge them or DIE while trying to find this wandering NPC, and each individual level doesn't give you new things to craft, that comes from increasing your crafting levels a mystery amount of times. And there are about 200 different crafting skills, one for each individual type of equipment, special item, food, accessory, extra equipment, feces, bodily fluid, emotion and possibly size.

Did I mention I think the crafting system is somewhat rediculous?

You can find a guy near Bucharest who will charge you 1000g to tell you where the NPC you're looking for is currently, and if you have an auto-move license active you can click that button and brave the evil road monsters to automagically walk directly to the person (unless you've been there before, then just go to bucharest and teleport to the city where they are, much quicker than walking across the entire world.)

Dyvion on
    edited August 2008
    Ok I'm completely lost in this game.

when I get in a battle, what does that Will% bar mean?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2008
    Will is just a gauge that has to do with random stuff. Teleporting, eating food, teaching people skills, etc takes will. Shouldn't matter in battle. Raena must be MIA or something because guild applications are not being responded to...

Baratus on
    edited August 2008
    Baratus wrote: »
    Will is just a gauge that has to do with random stuff. Teleporting, eating food, teaching people skills, etc takes will. Shouldn't matter in battle. Raena must be MIA or something because guild applications are not being responded to...

She's responded here a couple times. I wouldn't consider Reana MIA until about a week had gone by. And considering this portion of beta is rumored to only be two weeks long, Guilds aren't really that important. But that extra inventory spot sure is nice. That and I've applied to Deep Crows 3 times and she hasen't ever gotten my application.... weirdness is afoot.

Dyvion on
    edited August 2008
    I'm on right now; though the patch cut into my planned playing time, I'll should be on for a couple hours, so there's at least a possibility of adding as friends. I don't know what's up with the guild apps; I posted in the bug forum, but no response there.

Mith on
    edited August 2008
    I'm on right now; though the patch cut into my planned playing time, I'll should be on for a couple hours, so there's at least a possibility of adding as friends. I don't know what's up with the guild apps; I posted in the bug forum, but no response there.

I'll be getting home tonight around 11:30 to midnight mountain time, so I'll look out for you. Hopefully you'll be on and we can work out this guild thing.

e: So much for getting home at 11:30... let's hear it for people not showing up when they're supposed to, yay!

Hopefully I'll be home before 1am. Mountain Time.

Dyvion on
    edited August 2008
    If anyone wondered, getting on at the same time did seem to be the hangup. I wonder at the reasoning behind having an "applications" menu in guild management at all in that case, but, eh.

The game closes down again on the 18th and will come up for CB3 on the 25th. I don't think they've said exactly what's being changed. At least we get to continue unwiped, this time.

Mith on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Game is in Open Beta now and boy is it awesome. <3 You have your typical "collect 20 codpieces" quests but they drop fairly often and combat is just so much fun I often have the feeling it's a shame I *only* have to collect 20, because I'd like to do some more battles.

I'm currently lev13 and close to Beijing, maybe soon I'll learn the mysteries behind crafting, I'm already saving up all the shit I find.

Aldo on
    edited October 2008
    You said in the other thread you're on the Thebes server, right?

I've gotten a lot busier since this thread started, so I haven't started playing the open beta yet, but I do keep hoping to make some time for it.

Mith on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You said in the other thread you're on the Thebes server, right?

I've gotten a lot busier since this thread started, so I haven't started playing the open beta yet, but I do keep hoping to make some time for it.
    Yes, Thebes. In as Aldah. Total time played says I've played it for 5 hours over the past few days.

Today I moved to an area where all sorts of pirate treasures pop up every time someone uses a scroll they get in their mail for being logged in for 1 hour. I now have a teleportation scroll.

Aldo on
  • alchemicalalchemical Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm really surprised this game isn't getting more attention around here. (Someone let me know if there's another thread I somehow missed) For those that aren't aware, it just recently completed beta and went officially "live" and to me seems extremely impressive even compared to the conventional pay-for-play MMOs. Granted I haven't been playing that long (a couple weeks), but I get more and more excited about this every time I sit down for a few hours.

It has the same elements I loved about games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Battle in an MMO. There is surprising depth to the party makeup and endless "builds" to strategize over in PVP that I'm simply shocked the game is still mostly unknown. If you're into strategic, turn-based combat RPGs and have ever wished for these elements in an MMO that focuses on PVP, I'd seriously give it a try.

Edit- This guy's blog is a good read and gives a really advanced look into the strategy involved in the PVP aspect of the game. He also has a few gameplay videos along with his notes on the battles. http://divisionzero.nothingxs.net/

Edit Edit- By the way! I'm Gnosis on Sikyon.

alchemical on