As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

1737475767779»

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You might want to get the non-AV marks though before 70, depending on your faction/battleground.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So, I'm thinking of keeping my mage at 69 when I get there and just pvping to get the welfare honor gear. Do you get less honor at 69 then at 70?

You get a lot of honor at 69.

I PVPed only very casually for 1 or 2 weeks (as in averaging less than 2 BG's per day) and I got about 4k honor.

But really if you just do AV at 70 you can pool a lot of honor without having to be effective and then just get your marks when the expansion evens everyone out.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I tried getting some marks for my lvl 60 rogue for the pvp mount, trust me, unless you are twinked to hell and back then its not worth it, so many rogues in epic engineering goggles its not funny

polloface on
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Honestly, I don't see why the pushback needs to be changed now.

Pushback as a mechanic is really outdated and not needed. The damage melee does is on par with teh damage casters do on all levels and given the abilities all melee have to close distance on casters you're most likely to end up trying to cast a spell with someone on top of you. They're able to far and away beat your dps because of the fact they can mitigate so much of it simply by damaging you, where as you have absolutely no passive way (Mage frost armor nonwithstanding) to reduce their damage, and very very few intentional actions to take to be able to reduce their damage. It's part of the reason melee is so ridiculously dominate in arenas right now. Along with the horrible horrible scaling of the melee weapons that allows them to white hit for almost a thousand with a one hander, well over 1200 with a two hander.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So, I'm thinking of keeping my mage at 69 when I get there and just pvping to get the welfare honor gear. Do you get less honor at 69 then at 70?

You get a lot of honor at 69.

I PVPed only very casually for 1 or 2 weeks (as in averaging less than 2 BG's per day) and I got about 4k honor.

But really if you just do AV at 70 you can pool a lot of honor without having to be effective and then just get your marks when the expansion evens everyone out.

Same could be said for AV before 70 as well.

Sure you are ineffective against other players, but most of your honor in AV comes from blowing up towers/bunkers anyway. And you get that honor whether you are dead or alive.

edit: I wonder how acceptable a change turning in Silithyst in Silithus is to people for honor.

Seg on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    edit: I wonder how acceptable a change turning in Silithyst in Silithus is to people for honor.

Oh wow, I had forgotten about that. What an abysmal failure that zone was.

The raids were pretty cool though.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm getting roughly 1.2k honor an hour doing WSG premmies this weekend. I am fucking loving it.

Tav on
  • Options
    dr0neboydr0neboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ok so I'm in EU and wanna play US servers, I understand the best, and only, solution is to buy a US cd-key, I also understand that there isn't anything illegal with this? Is there anyone else here doing this? Can I pay the monthly fee via paypal after I registered with the US cd-key? And also does anyone know of any dependable service which delivers US cd-keys via email?

dr0neboy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think Direct2Drive may have what you're looking for, but I'm not 100% sure. And you can pay via PayPal.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I just got another Mr. Pinchy. I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

Tav on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    I just got another Mr. Pinchy. I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

it's okay man

it's okay :(

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I got the box... I fucking well got the box.

Squeeeeeeee

Tav on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Can't you use EU cd-key on a US acc? :o

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fuga wrote: »
    Can't you use EU cd-key on a US acc? :o

Nope. Can't pay with EU time-cards, either.

Tav on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really want to do this dual-boxing thing, but i can't decide which classes to play. Here's the ones I'm leaning towards trying:

Warrior/Healer: I've wanted a Horde-side Warrior for a while now, this might be my best bet to get there. As for the healer, I can't decide between Druid (another class I have as Alliance that I'd really like to have as Horde) or Shaman (a class I've yet to level to 70 but one I've always wanted to have). Pros: I'd really like to have the classes, after level 30 a warrior+Windfury/heal bot combo would be pretty sweet for the warrior. Cons: The warrior is really gear-dependent and will fall behind on weapon and defense skill pretty quickly at triple Exp, most likely.

Mage/Shaman (Elemental): Mage, Shaman, Paladin, and Hunter are the four classes I haven't gotten to 70 yet, and I'm already working on a Paladin. This combination would give me two of the other three. If I went with this one, I'm not sure which one would be the one in charge and which would be the puppet, they both seem like they'd spend most of their time just mashing one nuke over and over again, which would make dual-boxing them pretty easy. Pros: No need to worry about weapon skill, unlimited free water, mostly similar playstyles without actually having two of the same class.

Druid(Feral)/Shaman(Resto): Similar to Warrior/healer, except with a druid instead of a warrior. No Windfury Totem shenanigans, but also no need to worry about weapon skill on the melee.

Two of the same class (Mages/Shamans/Druids/Hunters/Warriors/Warlocks): I'm not sure what I'd do with two of these classes (I guess I could pull a SabreMau and switch between differently specced characters rather than respec), but it would be a lot more straightforward.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dr0neboydr0neboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    I think Direct2Drive may have what you're looking for, but I'm not 100% sure. And you can pay via PayPal.

Hmm doesn't seem Direct2Drive delivers only the key.

dr0neboy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Charus wrote: »
    Druid(Feral)/Shaman(Resto): Similar to Warrior/healer, except with a druid instead of a warrior. No Windfury Totem shenanigans, but also no need to worry about weapon skill on the melee.

I think this one would be the easiest, Feral druids can grind really fast in the first place (once they hit 22ish), having a shaman in tow healing would be mad.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8765691339&sid=1&pageNo=1
    Guys stop whining about his fake pic and check out pics of his naked girlfriend on page 3 of his photo album.
    Lol.
    But the duder passworded his album now.

Fuga on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You may think "Fake" or "oh wow".
    But this post
    Guys stop whining about his fake pic and check out pics of his naked girlfriend on page 3 of his photo album.
    made that thread.

wonder why no one caught on sooner

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I like how everyone in that thread is "HURRRR this is so fake!", but he even said he got gifted levels from 40-60. It's not even that impressive.

Also, "no armory haw haw haw ur a noob this is fake!" my priest is 60 and I've been AVing with a friend for 5 hours total over the last 4 days and he still doesn't show up on the armory.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Lol.

Oh, I just realized he's from my server. 2nd ranked Alliance guild right now.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Lol.

I love when people have stuff like that in their image host accounts. I've only seen it happen twice (that is, I went through the public-accessible stuff in the account and found the images) but did the good thing and told the ladies to set their accounts to locked.

Only after a thorough check though. <.<

... *cough*

Henroid on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

Man, how do you explain that to your girlfriend?

"Hey babe, uh, remember those pictures you send me sometimes?"
    "... yeeeeaaaaah..."
    "Well uh, I don't know how to put this, but there's a good chance they're on the internet. All thousand internets."

Henroid on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

"... yeeeeaaaaah..."
    "Well uh, I don't know how to put this, but there's a good chance they're on the internet. All thousand internets."

I think it would be more akward if she was walking by a group and overheard whispers of
    Dude that's totally her! Look! {shows her pictures on a phone or other device} and she sees them

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

"... yeeeeaaaaah..."

I knew a guy who did that, on accident, back when I was in college. Then his mom found them.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

"... yeeeeaaaaah..."

I knew a guy who did that, on accident, back when I was in college. Then his mom found them.:winky:

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ObjectZeroObjectZero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

"... yeeeeaaaaah..."

I knew a guy who did that, on accident, back when I was in college. Then his mom found them.:winky:

There is a thread in the forums on fazed that is dedicated to rummaging through photobucket accounts. You have to be on the newest page of the thread most of the time because photobucket usually finds the pics after the hit count goes through the roof and removes them because of a violation of their terms of service. They find multiple open albums per day though. They also do this with livejournal, but i have a page that posts the last 40 images posted to live journal, so it makes it easier to scan for the naughty bits...just keep hitting refresh. it's a HUGE timesuck

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ObjectZero wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

"... yeeeeaaaaah..."

There is a thread in the forums on fazed that is dedicated to rummaging through photobucket accounts. You have to be on the newest page of the thread most of the time because photobucket usually finds the pics after the hit count goes through the roof and removes them because of a violation of their terms of service. They find multiple open albums per day though. They also do this with livejournal, but i have a page that posts the last 40 images posted to live journal, so it makes it easier to scan for the naughty bits...just keep hitting refresh. it's a HUGE timesuck

I know of several people in real life that make the mistake of leaving thier accounts open

Like my freind's creepy cougar of a neighbor, that bitch at work and so on

Brainleech on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so, triple exp question for questing experience

does the other person have to be in party, or in proximity for quest exp? i'm not sure how that works, just wondering

redfenix on
  • Options
    ObjectZeroObjectZero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    has to bein the party and be close enough to get credit for the kill. cannot be grey for either character.

ObjectZero on
This discussion has been closed.